Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your favorite NFL player (that has no chance of making the HOF)
Talk about a player(past or present) in the NFL that prolly will never make the Hall of Fame.
Tell why he won't make it, and why you like them.
Mine would probably be Dan Pastorini, QB for the Houston Oilers.
He never had great numbers, wasn't the smartest either. But he was tuff as nails!!! played with more injuries than anyone. He was a little wild too....a real cowboy as well!
He could and would, Go to a bar on a Fri. night and judge a wet t-shirt contest, ride bulls and broncs on Sat. and throw TDs on Sunday!
Brett Farve reminds me a little of Pastorini except that Brett isn't as wild and is a shoe-in for the hall!
The Guru Wrote:Talk about a player(past or present) in the NFL that prolly will never make the Hall of Fame.
He never had great numbers, wasn't the smartest either. But he was tuff as nails!!! played with more injuries than anyone. He was a little wild too....a real cowboy as well!
He could and would, Go to a bar on a Fri. night and judge a wet t-shirt contest, ride bulls and broncs on Sat. and throw TDs on Sunday!
Brett Farve reminds me a little of Pastorini except that Brett isn't as wild and is a shoe-in for the hall!

yes i like him as well and i think ill go with a quarterback too...DUH!! Jared Lorenzen, haha...i would like to watch him "roll" around the backfield a little more too.
The Guru Wrote:Talk about a player(past or present) in the NFL that prolly will never make the Hall of Fame.
Haha. Good one. Pastorini. Man, I've not heard that name since he started a 1-900 handicapping business.Smile

As far as the question, I am probably leaning towards Mike Alstott or John Lynch, for now. And I never even been a Bucs fan.:confused: Gonna sleep on it tho, and hopefully come up with some old-schoolers.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Ring'Em Up Wrote:Haha. Good one. Pastorini. Man, I've not heard that name since he started a 1-900 handicapping business.Smile

As far as the question, I am probably leaning towards Mike Alstott or John Lynch, for now. And I never even been a Bucs fan.:confused: Gonna sleep on it tho, and hopefully come up with some old-schoolers.

what about the Ram's lineman that was a host on Best **** Sports show when it first was on the air, he'll for sure never make it, but he was pretty good.
bigE Wrote:what about the Ram's lineman that was a host on Best **** Sports show when it first was on the air, he'll for sure never make it, but he was pretty good.
I never took a liking for that show for some reason, so not sure who it was that hosted on there. Was it a younger guy? Cause the couple that come to me right off for the Rams are Jack Youngblood or Jackie Slater, but I about sure both of them are in the HOF. But, wow, Youngblood was a mean S.O.B. from what I have seen on him.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Eddie George!
MVP2 Wrote:Eddie George!
What made him your fav?
The Guru Wrote:What made him your fav?

He's from Ohio State- I don't know if he's my favorite, but he might be, and he won't go
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
Ring'Em Up Wrote:I never took a liking for that show for some reason, so not sure who it was that hosted on there. Was it a younger guy? Cause the couple that come to me right off for the Rams are Jack Youngblood or Jackie Slater, but I about sure both of them are in the HOF. But, wow, Youngblood was a mean S.O.B. from what I have seen on him.

no this was a young black guy probably in his mid 30's...
Michael Vick!!
Priest Holmes
Mine will have to be WR Gary Clark in the late 80's and early 90's of the Redskins. He is the one player that was always up to playing EVERY GAME and was a VERY valuable piece to the Redskins late 80's and early 90's success. He was a player who stepped up when his team needed him, and was the spark that would always get the Skins going! A role player indeed. He played alot like Steve Smith, just not the numbers since they had 2 other great WR's! I could name and name and name..Good thread though!
Ring'Em Up Wrote:Haha. Good one. Pastorini. Man, I've not heard that name since he started a 1-900 handicapping business.Smile

I think both of them, will be in the H.O.F. eventually!
Merril Hoge, a 7th round draft pick out of Idaho State, made the team, and became one of the best blocking backs of ALL TIME. He drained every ounce of his 230 lbs on the field, was the epitome of a blue collar back, and a perfect Steeler. It hurt the day he put on a Bears uniform, but it hurt even worse when he had to call it quits because of several concussions. But in his heart, even he says, he's a Steeler. And he is. Other than Jack Lambert, Hoge was my alltime favorite player.
gish_7 Wrote:Priest Holmes

I'd have to agree with you. I think Marlon McCree has done pretty good.
Bo Jackson
My second pick BurntTires!! I use to collect Bo Jackson cards and had over 600 at one point!
I like Glenn Holt and Jeremi Johnson, they were both real cool to me.
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
my fav players- Eddie George
Steve McNair
I actually get Jeremi Johnson's tickets that he recieves when I go to Bengals games BFritz..Great guy! Well when he hasn't given them out that is.
Antonio Freeman, used to love watching him play when I was little...plus the sickest catch ever.

I would have to say Chris Cooley...I don't know if he will make the HOF or not but I love the way he plays. He can catch the ball better than any fullback I've ever seen and he is very hard-nosed.
He is my favorite modern day player vundy33.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Merril Hoge, a 7th round draft pick out of Idaho State, made the team, and became one of the best blocking backs of ALL TIME. He drained every ounce of his 230 lbs on the field, was the epitome of a blue collar back, and a perfect Steeler. It hurt the day he put on a Bears uniform, but it hurt even worse when he had to call it quits because of several concussions. But in his heart, even he says, he's a Steeler. And he is. Other than Jack Lambert, Hoge was my alltime favorite player.

Merril was a great player but I gotta go with Rocky Bleir. Heres a guy who was an important piece of the puzzle of those '70s Steelers teams and did it with half a foot from where he got it blown off in Vietnam. That Catch he made in the Super Bowl against the Cowboys was nothing short of magnifcent. As far as defensive players go its a CRIME that LC Greenwood isnt in the HOF already. The guy was unblockable. Donnie Shell and Andy Russell come to mind as well. You couldve put the entire Steel Curtain in the HOF from those days and you wouldnt get much argument.
BurntTires Wrote:Bo Jackson
If Bo wouldve concentrated on football only. He wouldve set records that wouldnt have EVER been touched. The guy was the second coming of Jim Brown.
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:Merril was a great player but I gotta go with Rocky Bleir. Heres a guy who was an important piece of the puzzle of those '70s Steelers teams and did it with half a foot from where he got it blown off in Vietnam. That Catch he made in the Super Bowl against the Cowboys was nothing short of magnifcent. As far as defensive players go its a CRIME that LC Greenwood isnt in the HOF already. The guy was unblockable. Donnie Shell and Andy Russell come to mind as well. You couldve put the entire Steel Curtain in the HOF from those days and you wouldnt get much argument.
All excellent choices!
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:If Bo wouldve concentrated on football only. He wouldve set records that wouldnt have EVER been touched. The guy was the second coming of Jim Brown.
I was about to say, but I figured he'd make the Hall anyways.
Jeremy Shockey.

I played TE in high school and college. Shockey reminds me of me, except I got better hands, lol. He's tough, mean and loves to party, **** the guy called out Micheal Strahan his rookie year in camp. He's a great player and IMO has the potential to be a H.O.F Tight End, just don't think he'll get there.
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:Merril was a great player but I gotta go with Rocky Bleir. Heres a guy who was an important piece of the puzzle of those '70s Steelers teams and did it with half a foot from where he got it blown off in Vietnam. That Catch he made in the Super Bowl against the Cowboys was nothing short of magnifcent. As far as defensive players go its a CRIME that LC Greenwood isnt in the HOF already. The guy was unblockable. Donnie Shell and Andy Russell come to mind as well. You couldve put the entire Steel Curtain in the HOF from those days and you wouldnt get much argument.
great post...Jack Lambert said that LC Greenwood and Dwight White were the true key players of the Steel Curtain, and I agree, that it is a shame that Greenwood isnt in..also, Mike Wagner was a very solid DB in the 70s too, went to two pro bowls, and had 36 career interceptions...but I was a huge Hoge fan in the 80s and early 90s, when there wasnt a whole helluva lot to cheer about being a Steelers fan, and he was a Chuck Noll guy too.
peyton manning