Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Future of Pikeville Football
Im not so sure about this one guys....the boys in maroon might have it tough this sesaon the new coach has not proven anything to me yet....he is very unorganized and seems to have little control....................i hope im wrong but in the meantime stay tuned pantehr folk fo my opinion
liveMAROON Wrote:Im not so sure about this one guys....the boys in maroon might have it tough this sesaon the new coach has not proven anything to me yet....he is very unorganized and seems to have little control....................i hope im wrong but in the meantime stay tuned pantehr fo my opinion
Three days in town and no control and unorganized, How can anyone make that statement? What do you base it on?
Personally, I like the coach and he knows his football. I dont know where you base the lack of organization thing on because he had workout sheets and different things he had made for us to use. I think Pikeville is in good shape with this coach.
I agree with you on that one youknow...the man obviously knows his football and i think he will have the team ready
and its way too early to say stuff about him being unorganized and that BS lol :mrgreen:
the fact of the matter is the numbers in the weight room are down and the work ethis in the wheight room is down........thats not good
Well....he does work 4 hours away....that might have something to do with it :roll: And are you counting the players that work out in the morning when you say that the numbers are down? Players have the option to work in the morning or afternoon.
Thats true..its good that they offer morning & nite sessions for those who r playing another sport right now!
Good call by coach Jackson
I work in a rival school in Oldham Co and I can tell you that I really think Pikeville made a great hire! I played at Lawrence Co so I'm very familiar with the tradition there. I've watched the Honaker's, JJ Joplin, JP Blair etc and know the kind of talent Pikeville has had in the past. Coach Jackson is one of the hardest working coaches in the state. For those of you that don't have a clue as to what he has done let me put this into perspective for you. He took Oldham Co and too I think 3 or 4 Regional Semi's. In doing so he has a winning record against Ballard, played toe too toe with Trinity and Male, beat Lex Cath at Lex Cath and was only down 6-0 at Fort Thomas Highlands without his best player who was one of the top 3 RB's in the state.
He will work you hard but I think Coach Jackson and Pikeville will be a GREAT marriage! I also think one of his former top assistants has decided to come which will be a HUGE plus!
liveMAROON Wrote:Im not so sure about this one guys....the boys in maroon might have it tough this sesaon the new coach has not proven anything to me yet....he is very unorganized and seems to have little control....................i hope im wrong but in the meantime stay tuned pantehr folk fo my opinion

Are you serious?? Coach Jackson is a GREAT coach and he will be much better for Pikeville than the previous coach. I played golf with Coach Jackson and Keno 2 weeks ago in Lexington, and I promise you this man knows football and has a great work ethic. He is Pikeville's best chance to get the program back to where it was in the 80s and 90s. Pikeville is VERY lucky to get a coach like Coach JAckson.
Coach Jackson Is not unorganized as a matter of fact he is extremly organized. He spends his time staying up to the late hours of the night making up workouts for each week. Studing films from last year to see what we have coming back, and what we need to replace. He drives all the way from Louisville every sunday night to stay in Pikeville 1 day on monday to run workouts then he goes back home. He is the hardest working coach i have seen and i think he is just what Pikeville needs. Someone to work as hard and if not harder than he works them.
I don't know but what i do know is that he is kindly arrogant and tends to act like an ass towards people.....that is what I know.....but then again i have only said three words to the guys...i base my opinion on what i have heard...i know, i know...word of mouth is a bad thing to go by but i have heard this by some very reliable people of mine.....
panthermania Wrote:Ok.....wait...Beaver went back after......gillespie is NOT going back to valley...trust me on that one..I really don't forsee him going back...and secondly.....You ask "why would some ne leave the 'valley' for the maroon?".....i will answer that question for you KYFOOTBALLFAN....Put simply....The maroon is ten times better than the Blue baby......That's why!

Edited by BEEF for content

got that right lol Idea
where's watson richie at this year???
youknowwhoibe Wrote:I previously meant to say it wasnt a definite thing my bad. Its hard to say if he will come or not...but he will be welcomed if he comes.

I still dont understand why Harmon would come because I know he is a running back and the Honaker twins will both be ahead of him till he is a senior. If he goes to Valley though, he will get alot more playing time.

Maby but this year pikeville is runnin a 3 back backfield so i'd say harmon will be in there next year. With the twins
panthermania Wrote:Ok.....wait...Beaver went back after......gillespie is NOT going back to valley...trust me on that one..I really don't forsee him going back...and secondly.....You ask "why would some ne leave the 'valley' for the maroon?".....i will answer that question for you KYFOOTBALLFAN....Put simply....The maroon is ten times better than the Blue baby......That's why!

Gillespie has returned to Valley, and I like both Pikeville and Valley,but to say P-ville is 10 times better .....well, ask coach Jackson about that.They certainly didn't look better at the Passing league earlier this month. I would say their about even as far as talent goes.I was routing for P-ville too...the biggest suprise to me was that none of the panthers could run-down the Mullins kid when he caught the screen pass out of the back field, he outran everyone,even the 4 players that had angles on him! I had no idea that Valley had a player with that much speed nor did the fans that were sitting near me .....we were like ....where in the heck did that come from. :o :!: :!:

Edited by BEEF for content
T-Blankenship78 Wrote:where's watson richie at this year???
He decided not to play this season.
thats a shame... hes missin out on so much
pooh Wrote:I work in a rival school in Oldham Co and I can tell you that I really think Pikeville made a great hire! I played at Lawrence Co so I'm very familiar with the tradition there. I've watched the Honaker's, JJ Joplin, JP Blair etc and know the kind of talent Pikeville has had in the past. Coach Jackson is one of the hardest working coaches in the state. For those of you that don't have a clue as to what he has done let me put this into perspective for you. He took Oldham Co and too I think 3 or 4 Regional Semi's. In doing so he has a winning record against Ballard, played toe too toe with Trinity and Male, beat Lex Cath at Lex Cath and was only down 6-0 at Fort Thomas Highlands without his best player who was one of the top 3 RB's in the state.
He will work you hard but I think Coach Jackson and Pikeville will be a GREAT marriage! I also think one of his former top assistants has decided to come which will be a HUGE plus!

Thanks for the input....I like you think that Coach Jackson and Pikeville are a great match for each other. He will have them back in Louisville sooner than many expect.
thats is extreme shame that ritchie desided not to play... he would have been a good player about senior year
oh.. i forgot to add... who is this new guy on p-villes team from the ridge, iasic is his name i do belive... h looks like he could be a good player