Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
San Diego 81 UK 72
Wow. San Diego can shoot some free-throws.
I'm planning on going to Nashville Monday for the bowl game afterparties. I'm very interested in hearing what UK fans think about the direction of the program. I was thinking it would be a mostly positive & patient outlook, but I'm not so sure now. No one I know feels positive about either the short or long term outlooks.
Kentucky had there chances to win this game but they let two players beat them, a walk-on freshman and #1. They tore UK up with the three ball and getting to the basket and hitting free throws. Patrick Patterson had another really good game, but the other Wildcats just made too many mistakes and it really cost them down the stretch.
blackcat_student Wrote:Kentucky had there chances to win this game but they let two players beat them, a walk-on freshman and #1. They tore UK up with the three ball and getting to the basket and hitting free throws. Patrick Patterson had another really good game, but the other Wildcats just made too many mistakes and it really cost them down the stretch.
I wouldn't praise Patterson too much on this one. He looked pretty sloppy as well. Some careless passes that turned into turnovers. This entire team just looks like they have no clue how to play basic man to man defense. There is no help, there is no communication and there is no effort to get into position to rebound. It was a very poor effort.
FBALL Wrote:I wouldn't praise Patterson too much on this one. He looked pretty sloppy as well. Some careless passes that turned into turnovers. This entire team just looks like they have no clue how to play basic man to man defense. There is no help, there is no communication and there is no effort to get into position to rebound. It was a very poor effort.

Patterson's turnovers where due to the fact that he was double and triple teamed everytime he touched the ball. I thought that most of the passes he made where good passes its just that we have players that don't know how to catch the ball. Once Gillespie gets better talent in there they will be able to catch those types of passes and convert on them and not turn it over.

But I see the point that you where trying to make.
Patterson may have made a few mistakes, but without him they lose by at least 20. I am a true blue fan, and I'll will give Billy a little time, but I think it is about time he step up. Even when Tubby had crap players he got the most out of them and did not have teams that played like this. These guys look like they don't know the basics. So i say " Come on Billy G get this train back on track ".
Russell Is Football Wrote:Patterson may have made a few mistakes, but without him they lose by at least 20. I am a true blue fan, and I'll will give Billy a little time, but I think it is about time he step up. Even when Tubby had crap players he got the most out of them and did not have teams that played like this. These guys look like they don't know the basics. So i say " Come on Billy G get this train back on track ".

Good point, but the current players have not bought into Billy's system yet, once he has atleast a year with players that he recruited then UK will be just fine and understand what Gillespie is teaching them.
Another good loss for UK.
blackcat_student Wrote:Patterson's turnovers where due to the fact that he was double and triple teamed everytime he touched the ball. I thought that most of the passes he made where good passes its just that we have players that don't know how to catch the ball. Once Gillespie gets better talent in there they will be able to catch those types of passes and convert on them and not turn it over.

But I see the point that you where trying to make.

That's a good point, Patterson was double and triple teamed every time he got the ball in the post. When he would kick it out to the open player, they couldn't hit the shot. I say we have one more year left with Patterson, then he's gone.
blackcat Wrote:That's a good point, Patterson was double and triple teamed every time he got the ball in the post. When he would kick it out to the open player, they couldn't hit the shot. I say we have one more year left with Patterson, then he's gone.
Yea I know and that sucks. If he stayed all 4 years we would be back to the national championship.
RavenBoy Wrote:Yea I know and that sucks. If he stayed all 4 years we would be back to the national championship.

I don't think he could do that much for us...
shewww :mad:

what in the world is UK's record????
I was proud to where my UK hoodie around Vegas today...when I seen the score at around 12 today I got depressed and went and got drunk and lost 500 bucks playin hold em'. I don't know if I can take a whole season of this.
If...Then Wrote:shewww :mad:

what in the world is UK's record????

I'm pretty sure that its 5-5.
They are 5-6!
And they haven't even began to play there SEC schedule! Going to be a long year..Just have to try and survive this season, and reality is UK fans..NO NIT and NO NCAA TOURNEY FOR SURE@!
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:They are 5-6!

Yeah there 5-6...
Thanks for correcting me guys, now I'm going to go watch the '03 UK highlights against Florida... Sad
My take on the game is that the UK players have a "deer in the headlight" look on thier face. Something is bad wrong with this team, I know we are not loaded with talent; but this is pitiful. They are misery to watch, I dont know how many more times I can watch them.
Whatever Billy G is preaching the players don't like it one bit. And I cannot stand the way he uses personel. They can never get a good feel for their teammates because they are constantly being shuffled. And if Meeks is good enough to go in the second half, then why not play him in the first? And When Patterson looked like he was shot Gillispie waits a whole possession before he takes him out. They might as well not even put probable starters in the LH because they are always completely wrong. It's getting riddiculous, play the good players and let Michael Porter, Mark Coury, and Perry Stevenson sit on the bench. A great point a radio guy in Lexington made today was that this team would love to have Bobby Perry and Sheray Thomas back, and the sad thing is that it is true. As much as fans complained about those guys they did a lot more than what the current team is doing.
Yep!
Panther Thunder Wrote:Whatever Billy G is preaching the players don't like it one bit. And I cannot stand the way he uses personel. They can never get a good feel for their teammates because they are constantly being shuffled. And if Meeks is good enough to go in the second half, then why not play him in the first? And When Patterson looked like he was shot Gillispie waits a whole possession before he takes him out. They might as well not even put probable starters in the LH because they are always completely wrong. It's getting riddiculous, play the good players and let Michael Porter, Mark Coury, and Perry Stevenson sit on the bench. A great point a radio guy in Lexington made today was that this team would love to have Bobby Perry and Sheray Thomas back, and the sad thing is that it is true. As much as fans complained about those guys they did a lot more than what the current team is doing.

I never thought I would admit this in a million years...BUT I SO AGREE TO THIS STATEMENT..
did u all know that Pitino started out 5-5 in his 1st 10 games as coach of UK....thought that i would throw that out there
Do you all remember that Tubby Smith had the same team last yr execpt for Randolph Morris and Bobby Perry Thomas and Orzuit id rather have stewart and patterson. But what Im sayin is Kentucky had a better coach than Billy Gillisipie last yr.
BTW the score was 81-72...
Just my opinion, but Jodie Meeks did not look ready to play yesterday. I wondered when he didn't get off the bench in the first, but once he did play in the secong half I realized that he probably shouldn't be out there. He looked a step slow and didn't seem to have his legs under him.

When healthy, I believe Meeks is our team's 2nd best player. But right now, he's a liability both on offense and defense. Not saying there aren't other guys on the team that fit that same description, just that Meeks isn't helping the team right now and would be better served sitting out until he is completely healthy.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
You fans are the reason UK is playing like they are. You are the ones that wanted Tubby out of here and now look what we are stuck with. Live with it. Ive said it the whole time that this coach was and is a ******* and I will never change my mind about that.
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:And they haven't even began to play there SEC schedule! Going to be a long year..Just have to try and survive this season, and reality is UK fans..NO NIT and NO NCAA TOURNEY FOR SURE@!
I wouldnt say that now.