Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2007 Outdoor Track Season
Which teams are are favorites to win in Eastern KY area?
Any individual state contenders?
Pikeville -- still has ALOT of talent left for this year. Next year will be ugly

Mollie Dawahare - 200 Meter Dash
Candice Ward - Discus
Clay Elliot - Discus
Ben Staggs - Discus
Lauren Shupert - 200 Meter Dash
Erica Newsome - 100 Meter Hurdles
Erica Cecil - High Jump
play_maker Wrote:Pikeville -- still has ALOT of talent left for this year. Next year will be ugly

Candice Ward - Discus
Clay Elliot - Discus
Ben Staggs - Discus
Erica Cecil - High Jump

Clay Elliot also cleared Shot by miles to state also.

I think Pikeville has a good shot this year
play_maker Wrote:Pikeville -- still has ALOT of talent left for this year. Next year will be ugly

Candice Ward - Discus
Clay Elliot - Discus
Ben Staggs - Discus
Erica Cecil - High Jump

Even if Pikeville loses a lot of talent, they always manage to get new people out on the track who are very competitive.
strange but true R-man

and those people play maker named, are all top state competitors. lol
I think Lawerence county boys team will be very stong this year and next year. They only lost 1 sprinter last seaon and will only loss 1 sprinter this season the rest are spohmores and juniors that were state contenders last season in the 2aa class .
The Paintsville team will be competitive though I think they're down compared to last year.
They should have all the distance events covered and possibly a few of the hurdle events. As far as mid-distance and field events, they have practically nothing.
Looks to be another Regional Championship for Pikeville...
True statement u have made about the tiger team but running man have u forgotten that paintsville has the jumps this year because u have lemaster a junior long jumping 19 ft and sometimes 20 and then he also triple jumps and does hurdles and then u have caldwell well a senior highjumper who is expected to be the back to back high jump champ. with the 15th region having kids jumping a whole 1.5 ft under him it seems like caldwell has it in the bag with his 6"4 to 6"5 jumps but i agree with pikeville winning again tho because the tiger team just doesnt have all of the events covered but it should be a really intresting year in the world of outdoor track.
Allen Central has a couple that should get in through the 4X100. Taran Parsons should be alot better this year for the rebels. Shelby Valley will be a power team (now in class A). Chase Ratliff should be greater than ever. Knott Central has a bigger team and Tyler Newsome should get to state in the 800m and mabee more than that. Prestonsburg should have alot of runners go to state and they have a great shot at winning the region. Joseph Jamerson will be much improved in the hurdle events.
Maxipoo Wrote:True statement u have made about the tiger team but running man have u forgotten that paintsville has the jumps this year because u have lemaster a junior long jumping 19 ft and sometimes 20 and then he also triple jumps and does hurdles and then u have caldwell well a senior highjumper who is expected to be the back to back high jump champ. with the 15th region having kids jumping a whole 1.5 ft under him it seems like caldwell has it in the bag with his 6"4 to 6"5 jumps but i agree with pikeville winning again tho because the tiger team just doesnt have all of the events covered but it should be a really intresting year in the world of outdoor track.

True, but Paintsville is still quite bare in some of the mid-distance events.
And I for one have yet to see Caldwell jump 6', 6'4" would be pretty competitive at state if I'm not mistaken.
true agian runnignman from waht we know caldwell has took the time to go to a few camps this summer and to learn more about technique iinstaed of being all jump like he was last year. Im sure he will suprise alot of ppl this year well lets just hope soo u gotta give the kid some credit tho he didnt lose one time last year and witht eh way state is looking this year with allt he really high jumpers gone he should be up there with the best this year. paitnsville may need alot of help with the mid distance events this year but again theyve got some new kids comign out and this shoudl be a great year for paintsville track i believe. all i have left to say is i think the whole tiger team will make a difference this year cause id say there sick and tired of pikeville winning every year and personally i tthink it may change if the kids they got can go to the best of there ability dont u think it would be intresting this year to see paintsville and pikeville go at it for the region chams its gonna be a battle and i cant wait to see it?
I guess I can see your point Max.
it's not like Paintsville is short of talented athletes,

John Cybriwsky-2 mile
John Cybriwsky -1 mile
Tyler Bass-1 mile
Tyler Bass-800 meters
Tyler Lemaster- 110 hurdles
Tyler Lemaster-Tripple jump
Hunter Preston-100 meters
Ariana Dodorer-100 meters
Ariana Dodorer-400 meters

...looks like a pretty solid group for distance and sprinting,
However, the team doesn't have the depth that Pikeville has, due to lack of athletes.
it's not like Paintsville doesn't have its fair share of talent also.

Ariana Dodorer-100 meter, and 400 meter dash, for the girls
John Cybriwsky-2 mile, 1 mile, and 800 meters, for the boys
Tyler Lemaster-110 hurdles, 300 hurdles, long jump, triple jump.
Hunter Preston-100, 200 meter dash
Tyler Bass-400, 800, 1 mile.

It may just be me, but this appears to be a fairly athletic group of individuals.
Although Paintsville may not have the depth, due to numbers, that Pikeville has, i think Paintsville shall have an excellent showing this year.
I see valid points Trackstar, though you've also further proven my point that the throwing events and a majority of the field events are in the hands of Pikeville.
Way I see it, the region will come down between one of the two.
pike central will be a tough team to compete with they did lose anything last year?
i don't recall pike central having a very strong team last year, but if they didn't lose anyone they may have a fairly reasonable opposition.
Trackstar. Wrote:i don't recall pike central having a very strong team last year, but if they didn't lose anyone they may have a fairly reasonable opposition.

zach ratliff qualified for state in the 100 and 200
matt atkins was beat out of long and triple jump by his own team mate at region.
4x100
4x200
4x400

All quaified for state

They also have some of the better athlets who were not on the track team running this year so they wil be pretty strong
dude, qualifying for state is easy.
what you do when you get there is what counts.
that is true.
they are in the same boat paintsville is they always compete with people like pikeville but they dont have the depth that pikeville does.
this ia a valid point sir.
what region is pike central in??
do you know what times are ran by some of the top runners in said region?
sorry, i'm just curious.
yea last yea they were in region6.
zach ratliff from central ran the fastest time in the 100 10.87 and the 200 23.52
400 was matt damron about a 55
thats all i can recall
alot of the faster runnners graduated
Seems to me like the Mountains lost a lot of talent due to graduation last year...
yea alot of talent graduated but there is still alot of talent in the moutians
i think the track youth is slightly more talented than the majority of the veterans...
and personally i don't recall there being a great deal of talented runners in the mountain regions anyway. Most of the talent comes from areas like lexington and louisville.
there is still sime talents here but there is more talent in lexington and louisville
central4 Wrote:there is still sime talents here but there is more talent in lexington and louisville
Well definitely, they have such a vast amount of athletes to choose from.
In some of the smaller schools around here, you have athletes competing in 2 and 3 different sports so they never really get extremely good at one of them.
not only that but there are some good athletes in some schools that are to lazy to be on a track team
That or they just don't wanna wear the short shorts lol.
true