Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
who will be the top players in the 15th region?
"eastkycountryboy" Wrote:Shelby Valley has the all the ingredients to be one of the best in the region. The new coach is going to have the girls ready for play.

Ester fleming has the talent and she really took the lead of the team.
Ester wil get comfortable with the coaches and the changes they make
Ester will have a great season.

Lucinda Varney is probably one of the most under-rated players in the region. Lucinda is starting to get the chance to prove she can play. Look for her to gain confidence and lead the team as well. Lucinda has proved herself as a defensive player but look for her to turn up the ofensive side

Sally Roberts is another one of those players who stepped up during the district tournement and showed everyone want she is capable of with the right coaching. She is young and wil have a great career at valley.

Valley has many other young talented players that can step up and play well.

Esther (yes there is an h in there) is pretty comfortable with the coaches considering they are both her softball coaches. But like i've said many times..the girl has heart and is a natural leader. She's already working hard for next year.
Sasha Stanley in my opinion will help Valley tremendously. She's really starting to come out of her shell and has a nice 3 ball.

Valley will surprise some people.
JERRELL PAINTSVILLE HANDS DOWN
"BASH BROTHER" Wrote:JERRELL PAINTSVILLE HANDS DOWN

Just to clear this up. It's CHELSEE JARRELL. And i agree with you all that Jarrell is definately the best player in the Region. Hopefully she will lead her team to Bowling Green. Her and Kendra Carroll. Kendra Carroll probably has the most beautiful TRUE jump shot in the Region. As long as the four returning starters improve and whoever the 5th girl is can work as a team and learn to win those close games, the Lady Tigers are STATE BOUND BABY!!...GO LADY TIGERS!!
Confusedhock: 8)
"justanotherfaceinthecrowd" Wrote:

Just to clear this up. It's CHELSEE JARRELL. And i agree with you all that Jarrell is definately the best player in the Region. Hopefully she will lead her team to Bowling Green. Her and Kendra Carroll. Kendra Carroll probably has the most beautiful TRUE jump shot in the Region. As long as the four returning starters improve and whoever the 5th girl is can work as a team and learn to win those close games, the Lady Tigers are STATE BOUND BABY!!...GO LADY TIGERS!!

Who will be the 5th girl for Paintsville this year?
"Paperclip" Wrote:

As of right now, it's Kassidy Osbourne. And from what i've been hearing, she's doing real well in practice. Hope she do real well in the game though.
"Paperclip" Wrote:

As of right now, it's Kassidy Osbourne. And from what i've been hearing, she's doing real well in practice. Hope she do real well in the game though.

Wow I figured the tall skinny girl would start. In the game i watched against magoffin Osbourne didn't even play. What's up with that? Is she any good opr is the tall girl better??
THERE IS A JUNIOR A PAINTSVILLE NAMED KENDRA CARROL AND SHE IS OUTSANDING SHE IS A PROVEN LEADER AND HAS A GREAT SHOT SHE LIVES THE GAME AND TRIES TO IMPROVE HERSELF DAILY. KEEP AN I ON HER.

AND EARLY PREDICTION KENDRA CARROL WILL BE THE 06-07 15TH REGION PLAYER OF THE YEAR
Top players in the Region Next year

Shae Deskins-Belfry
Jarrell -Paintsville
Meghan Slone- Prestonsburg
Emily Colvin-Pikeville
Kristen Smith- Betsy Layne
Darcy Hicks-Prestonsburg
Carroll- Paintsville
Ashley J Howard-Magoffin
Brittany Manns- Magoffin
Haley Ratliff- Pike Central
Paige Lowe- Pike Central
Esther Flemming- Shelby Valley

Those are just some names that I expect to hear alot about next year
"Paperclip" Wrote:
"Paperclip" Wrote:

Wow I figured the tall skinny girl would start. In the game i watched against magoffin Osbourne didn't even play. What's up with that? Is she any good opr is the tall girl better??

IMHO, Osbourne is better than Blair. Blair isn't very strong, so she can get trapped easily. Osbourne is quick and she can handle the ball real well. I look for Osbourne to help the Lady Tigers out A LOT this year as the starting Point Gaurd. And also look out for Russell to do some posting down low this year as well be the Power Foward. She's quick also. I just think the Lady Tigers are going to make A LOT of noice this summer and this season. Idea Tongue
"Paperclip" Wrote:
"Paperclip" Wrote:

IMHO, Osbourne is better than Blair. Blair isn't very strong, so she can get trapped easily. Osbourne is quick and she can handle the ball real well. I look for Osbourne to help the Lady Tigers out A LOT this year as the starting Point Gaurd. And also look out for Russell to do some posting down low this year as well be the Power Foward. She's quick also. I just think the Lady Tigers are going to make A LOT of noice this summer and this season. Idea Tongue

Well I can't really judge the Osbourne girl considering i've never seen her play. But i've seen the Blair girl and she wasn't that impressive either. Who will be coming off the bench for paintsville?
Blair and Grim come to mind. They were so inconsistent last year. But, both of them did have a few games that were good. I think both of them will have to become a lot more aggressive. Also, Katie Adams. She will provide some help on the block.
Hands down...Haley Ratliff is by far the best and she is only a junior. Hopefully she will rededicate herself to the game of basketball and be
a better player this season. Can't touch that when she wants to play. Anyone who has watched her play would agree with that.
:lol:
You guys are leaving out calloray howard what gives she has been dominate for us (mchs) well imho i think any of our 5 starters could be the top player in the region just figured id throw callorays name in the mix b/c i think she is one of the best
"MCHS_FBALL#14" Wrote:You guys are leaving out calloray howard what gives she has been dominate for us (mchs) well imho i think any of our 5 starters could be the top player in the region just figured id throw callorays name in the mix b/c i think she is one of the best
Her only problem is is she was severely dominated by Paintsville's Chelsee Jarrell each time they played last year.

1st game: Howard 16 pts (8 in 2nd quar. with Jarrell on bench with 3 fouls), 5 reb. Jarrell 25 pts, 12 reb, 2 steals

2nd game: Howard 7 pts, 7 reb
Jarrell 18 pts, 18 reb, 2 steals, 2 blocks, took 2 charges, 2 assists

3rd game (district finals) Howard 1 point
Jarrell 26 points, 11-16 fg, 22 reb (9 offensive)

If Calloray is to make a name for herself, she must play with Jarrell. Based on last year, Jarrell is clearly the best post player.

Calloray played well in the all-star game at Pikeville College. Good luck to her. Lets hope she can continue her play. But, if she dominates everybody in the region and then gets dominated by Jarrell, I'll have to cast my vote for Jarrell.
She will need to step up. i think she will because this is her senior season and she has hit the weights hard this offseason.
i am a true hornet fan and our best players are Brittany Manns, Ashley J Howard and Michaela Howard if i was any other team i would defiently watch out these girls have been working out alot and they will rock this year...i think we will at least be in the top 10...but they are some other great girls on the team but these 3 girls havee the biggest impact on this team and with these 3 girls we will go far....good luck girls..
Wink
"FATMAN" Wrote:She will need to step up. i think she will because this is her senior season and she has hit the weights hard this offseason.

Calloray is a pretty strong girl and she has a big impact on the team too but with her n ashley jade and brittany manns i dont think no one can stop us sure we have lost some great players from last year but i dont thik that will hurt our team we have enough pride andconfidence to go really far this year and with these girls i dont thikn no one can stop us......Lets GO HORNETS!!!!
:rock:
"sportwhiz" Wrote:1)Jarrell, Paintsville, dominating player
2)Ratliff, Pike Central, floor leader for a top team
3)Manns, Magoffin, best 3 point shooter
4)M. Howard, Magoffin, most underrated player and does what it takes to win
5)K. Lowe, Pike Central, tall and quick, will be PCC most important player
6)A. Howard, Magoffin, very good player, but attitude???????????
7)Fleming, SV, great scorer
8)C. Conley, I've only seen her once, she could be higher
9)K. Carroll, Paintsville, good shooter
10)Russell, Paintsville, she's my pick for most improved player in the region and she's PHS's most important player

Give me these 10 and we'll stop the one and done for 15th region teams in the Sweet 16.

With Jarrell, Lowe, and M. Howard across the front line and Ratliff and Manns at the guards, and the other 5 coming off the bench, and we'll do some damage.

Hey, that looks like a nice AAU team. I wonder how far they'd go???????

Yes i have to say Ashley jade Howard has some attitude her and micheala are alike they set goals for them self and does watever it takes to win and brittany manns is a very determined player and will go far but with these 3 players we will go really far.....
Some of the top players in my opinion are Ashley Howard, Brittany Manns and Callorway Howard from Magoffin. I think Calloray's weight loss will really help her. Other players I see being impact players on their team and in the region are Kayla Lowe of Pike Central (hardest worker on their team) and Emily Colvin of Pikeville (will have to step up big time)
"GIVE ME THE ROCK" Wrote:Some of the top players in my opinion are Ashley Howard, Brittany Manns and Callorway Howard from Magoffin. I think Calloray's weight loss will really help her. Other players I see being impact players on their team and in the region are Kayla Lowe of Pike Central (hardest worker on their team) and Emily Colvin of Pikeville (will have to step up big time)
I agree with you that A. Howard and Manns are good, but I think Magoffin's best player and most important player is M. Howard. She flat ot saved Magoffin in the finals of the district and Pike Central would have beaten Magoffin by at least 30 in the regionals without her.
Esther Fleming of Shelby Valley she has great speed and a great shot.
Another good player from Shelby Valley is Sally Roberts she is the fastest player on the team and a great athlete as she plays soccor right now and one of the better players there to.
Calloray Howard IS back and better than ever. IMO, Calloray and Megan Powers can handle Jerrell.
"57thScarlett" Wrote:Calloray Howard IS back and better than ever. IMO, Calloray and Megan Powers can handle Jerrell.
Calloray will have to do a lot better than she did last year against Jarrell.

In 3 games last year Calloray scored 24 points against Jarrell. 16 came in the first game with about 10 of those with Jarrell on the bench.

Jarrell scored 69 points and had 52 rebounds in 3 games. That's an average of 23 pts and 17.3 rebounds. To me, that IS pure domination.:theman: :theman:
Emily Colvin fomr pikeville was a great pg last year and was a true leader, but i think she will step up even more. She'll understand she has to be scoring a lot more this year and i think she will succeed at doing so..g'luck em!
"Panther#1" Wrote:Emily Colvin fomr pikeville was a great pg last year and was a true leader, but i think she will step up even more. She'll understand she has to be scoring a lot more this year and i think she will succeed at doing so..g'luck em!
Colvin will be very good this year.

I think Pikeville will be better this year because you don't have egos to contend with. This team will just go out and play ball.
Michaela Howard is a great player and an awesome ballhandler. She will definetly make some noise this year in the 15th. But some other players to look for are Chelsea Salyers and Celena Conley even tho they are both just freshman they have 2 yrs of starting for the highschool. They are both have excellent skills in basketball and softball.
She is a good player Eagle04, But she also has a great amount of talent along side her, those hornets are gonna be rough....I think that Conley is gonna be a good one, she has some range on her
Aopparently you all han't heard on Haley Ratliff talk about a girl that plays with heart. She loves the sport and cares about her team
Ratliff is a good player and is becoming better every year....
"Basketballer" Wrote:Ratliff is a good player and is becoming better every year....
Without Ratliff, Pike Central wouldn't make it out of their district.