Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Malcolm X.....Racist or Not????
i read the Auto-Biography off malcom x in 6th grade on my own time......IMO....he was racist almost all his life until he went to mecca....because after that trip he was supposed to change his whole perspective on race what do u think?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=AojtR9qMf7U

CLICK THE LINK ABOVE TO WATCH THE VIDEO...IT BACKS UP MY STATEMENTS..ALSO I DON'T WANT THIS THREAD TO START TALKING ABOUT MUSLIMS....THAT'S NOT WHAT IT'S ABOUT!
Malcolm X at first rejected the idea of non-violence, but I think towards the end of his life, he came to think of MLK and his philosophy a bit differently.
thecavemaster Wrote:Malcolm X at first rejected the idea of non-violence, but I think towards the end of his life, he came to think of MLK and his philosophy a bit differently.
i agree with you.....did you watch that video i left the link too.......
Yes... Malcom's point about the power of the media to "propogandize" is so true, particularly if you take "media" not just to mean news organizations, but the whole of the conglomerated purveyors of information and programming existing within the framework of the dominant culture.
If Denzel Washington played him in a movie, I know he was a great guy. Big Grin
ronald_reagan Wrote:If Denzel Washington played him in a movie, I know he was a great guy. Big Grin
have you watched that movie????? it looks good but i haven't got to watch it.....
RammsteinFan92 Wrote:have you watched that movie????? it looks good but i haven't got to watch it.....

Watched him get shot. Thats about it.

And when I say he got shot... HE GOT SHOT!!!!
Funny... he found in Mecca an Islam different from militant Islam... his own thoughtfulness and intellect called him to reflection and change... so they shot him. Here it comes, RR... religion poisons everything... partly because it disguises unmitigated ego and love of self as some sort of "sacred" devotion to duty.
thecavemaster Wrote:Here it comes, RR... religion poisons everything... partly because it disguises unmitigated ego and love of self as some sort of "sacred" devotion to duty.

Smile I thought it was going to be about corn for a minute. jk

Seriously, I see where you come from. But I think that you lump 100% of those that are religious, as those that you describe. I know that some are lovers of the flesh, and speak only to be heard... But it also doesn't take religion to make them that way, although it surely can and does.

But I'm a firm believer that there as some, that sincerely only want to please god.. and do everything they can, and to the best of their understanding.. to do just that. to those, hats off. to the ones you describe.... Rolleyes :mad:
Hey, religion poisons corn... or maybe... corn poisons religion...
since we're talking about racism.....and corn. lol

Wonder how different colors and kinds of corn feel about each other? Smile
ronald_reagan Wrote:since we're talking about racism.....and corn. lol

Wonder how different colors and kinds of corn feel about each other? Smile

Red and yellow black and white Corn is precious in "his" sight, "jesus" loves all the corn in of the world.