Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Josh Crowe named Head Coach at Powell County
Coach Crowe has coached the middle school the past few seasons. this past season the Pirates were State Champions in the Gold Bracket. excited to see what he does!
Great hire!
(04-24-2024, 04:05 PM)pocoboy18 Wrote: Coach Crowe has coached the middle school the past few seasons. this past season the Pirates were State Champions in the Gold Bracket. excited to see what he does!

In the gold bracket? They won the gold bracket at state but to say they were state champions in the gold bracket is wild. 

Best of luck to Coach Crowe and hope he has tons of success but when the parents are telling the administration what to do, only person that could survive there is a local.
(04-24-2024, 04:31 PM)FlyPattern Wrote:
(04-24-2024, 04:05 PM)pocoboy18 Wrote: Coach Crowe has coached the middle school the past few seasons. this past season the Pirates were State Champions in the Gold Bracket. excited to see what he does!

In the gold bracket? They won the gold bracket at state but to say they were state champions in the gold bracket is wild. 

Best of luck to Coach Crowe and hope he has tons of success but when the parents are telling the administration what to do, only person that could survive there is a local.
take it as you will. they won a ton of games regardless. no other powell county middle school team has even come close to that as far as i know.
Not shocking as they hired coach Martin from the middle school program. Should have a decent group coming up.
The backlash of them trying to hire Matthew Perry from Bath was wild to see today.
(04-24-2024, 08:13 PM)TribeTime Wrote: The backlash of them trying to hire Matthew Perry from Bath was wild to see today.

Nothing against Coach Crowe, I personally don't know Coach Crowe and hope he wins a region over the next few years. I don't know Coach Perry for that matter but to let public pressure and influence make a hiring committee, principal, or whomever chose Coach Perry change their minds is wild. That is the problem with schools today, kids don't respect or know the difference in a student and teacher and think their equal playing fields same as parents, they aren't in the school system and teachers and shouldn't have input in the school system. 

Powell County gave into public pressure here, they think the backlash for this was something they will have backlash for every decision made here forward as parents and public will now think a little complaining will get their way.
Powell County never gonna win anything. Parents and players running that program. I heard it was the 8th grader threatening to not play if Crowe wasn’t hired. If so I would have told the kid to hit the road. Matthew Perry is more valuable than any player Powell County has on their roster.
I think it is a great hire. His players loved him at the middle school job. You have to have that relationship with the players, and he is great at that, along with being an X & O guy. Give him 2 years and they are making serious noise is the 14th.
Heard that before.
Congrats Coach!
Matthew Perry is a good basketball coach, hopefully he can get it going at Bath, head coaching records are so much perception, Perry is a top notch coach regardless of recent wins & losses.