Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Powell County Head Coach Hire
Powell county has apparently offered the head coaching job to Matthew Perry, Bath County head coach and former morgan county head coach. this is a head scratcher to me and i know personally parents and students, as well as former students, are outraged to say the least. i don’t understand firing a back to back district champion head coach to hire a guy who went 8-21 last season and finished 0-7 in district play. with the young players powell county has coming in, this seems like one of the strangest decisions i could think of. Not only did Allen know the players, but coach Crowe from the middle school has coached this incoming freshman class to a 77-8 record in 3 seasons. why not hire him? Love to hear everyone’s thoughts!
(04-24-2024, 03:38 PM)pocoboy18 Wrote: Powell county has apparently offered the head coaching job to Matthew Perry, Bath County head coach and former morgan county head coach. this is a head scratcher to me and i know personally parents and students, as well as former students, are outraged to say the least. i don’t understand firing a back to back district champion head coach to hire a guy who went 8-21 last season and finished 0-7 in district play. with the young players powell county has coming in, this seems like one of the strangest decisions i could think of. Not only did Allen know the players, but coach Crowe from the middle school has coached this incoming freshman class to a 77-8 record in 3 seasons. why not hire him? Love to hear everyone’s thoughts!

Is this confirmed?
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
(04-24-2024, 03:45 PM)Spud6 Wrote:
(04-24-2024, 03:38 PM)pocoboy18 Wrote: Powell county has apparently offered the head coaching job to Matthew Perry, Bath County head coach and former morgan county head coach. this is a head scratcher to me and i know personally parents and students, as well as former students, are outraged to say the least. i don’t understand firing a back to back district champion head coach to hire a guy who went 8-21 last season and finished 0-7 in district play. with the young players powell county has coming in, this seems like one of the strangest decisions i could think of. Not only did Allen know the players, but coach Crowe from the middle school has coached this incoming freshman class to a 77-8 record in 3 seasons. why not hire him? Love to hear everyone’s thoughts!

Is this confirmed?
from what i’ve heard, the offer has been extended.

i guess the fan backlash worked! Josh Crowe has been hired as the new head coach!