Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tennessee Lawmakers Pass Bill Allowing Armed Teachers
Lawmakers in Tennessee have passed a bill that will allow some school teachers and administrators to carry concealed firearms.  The governor still has to sign it before it becomes law.  According to the article, many feel the governor will sign it.  

What are your thoughts?

https://www.lex18.com/politics/guns/tenn...aRPASPmhYP
As a teacher I don't know how to feel about it. It makes school seem like a scary place if teachers are carrying guns in their waistband while they teach.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
It's a shame that the need for teachers to carry at all!! And it's not like they carry them in their waistband; it's a CONCEALED carry.

And as long as the teacher isn't an idiot, I think it's a great idea. If the teacher is in charge of a child's mind, then they SHOULD be able to handle a gun with some responsibility.
I don't like the idea of Teachers\administrators packing heat. I have worked with too many people that would be more of a danger in a bad situation than an asset. Teachers are teachers, not police officers. They invest a lot of time in that regard. They need to concentrate on that. They don't have the time to invest in training to be a part time cop. Each school needs to have a resource officer. Let them concentrate on protecting students, faculty, and staff.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Westside's post:
  • jetpilot
That's a good point.

Still, to be effective, there would have to be a great deal of security guards to properly protect a school.