Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why do so many players have beef with Rudy Gobert?
Why do so many players have beef with Rudy Gobert?

The Defensive Player of the Year favorite has frequently found himself the subject of barbs and ridicule from star players, fans -- even Hall of Famers. The question is why.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/4000...udy-gobert
I know Shaq has been very harsh on him over the years, I remember when he was the first to test positive for COVID, just days after he mocked it, rubbing microphones at a press conference. After that, of course the NBA and rest of the world shut down, but it seems like the reports started coming out of how bad of a teammate he was, and his relationship with Donovan Mitchell was on the rocks. Plus I think the trade he was involved in with Minnesota, a lot of people looked at it as a lop-sided trade, possibly one of the worst in the history of sports, but after a few seasons now it's seemed to work out, especially with being able to work on both ends of the floor with Towns, and how great of a defensive team Minnesota is. Maybe more to it than what I've put on here, but seems like a combination of a lot of things. He has always been a great player, definitely limited offensively, but one of the best defenders in the league for over a decade now.