Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Powell County 10 Breathitt County 3 (8 innings)
Powell plays 4 games in 3 days and still pulls out the win. Good win for the Pirates who had just got back from Owensboro at 1am Monday. 

Powell Is deep on pitching. 

Kane Knox.went 5 only allowing 1 ER and striking out 6.
Dylan Carter came in relief allowing no runs in 2 innings.

Powell had 11 hits and most of those came in the 7th and 8th. This team is never out of a game.. they have no quit in them. Drew Miller© smacked a fence post with his face.. bleed a bunch but refused to come out.

Sorry Dylan Carter went 3 innings.
[-] The following 3 users Like stoicbaseball's post:
  • 14th_regionfan, kwnickell24, ProBaller365
Looks like Daddy Ball is doing well in Powell. Amazing that some daddies actually know how to coach baseball.
(04-23-2024, 08:36 AM)DukeBoy Wrote: Looks like Daddy Ball is doing well in Powell.  Amazing that some daddies actually know how to coach baseball.
Or maybe, just maybe…they stopped playing daddy ball. Go look at box scores. You will notice a change in the lineup about 10 games in when Powell really took off. Daddy ball was attempted, and it wasn’t going well. But either way the coaches are doing a great job putting the best lineup on the field. They are rolling.

(04-23-2024, 10:31 AM)Radial_Armsaw Wrote:
(04-23-2024, 08:36 AM)DukeBoy Wrote: Looks like Daddy Ball is doing well in Powell.  Amazing that some daddies actually know how to coach baseball.
Or maybe, just maybe…they stopped playing daddy ball. Go look at box scores. You will notice a change in the lineup about 10 games in when Powell really took off. Daddy ball was attempted, and it wasn’t going well. But either way the coaches are doing a great job putting the best lineup on the field. They are rolling.
And I want to be clear, it’s not about one player making that much of a difference. But it is a culture thing that can negatively affect an entire team and dugout. When players know the best lineup isn’t out there it’s a cancer. But…to their absolute credit they made the right choice and are one of the best in not the region but the state right now.
Pirates are rolling right now. Gonna be a very hard out for anyone in the regional tournament.
(04-23-2024, 10:53 AM)Strikeout King Wrote: Pirates are rolling right now. Gonna be a very hard out for anyone in the regional tournament.
Absolutely
Was just trying to say that the Daddies are doing good things with Powell. There are still a few dads out there that do the right things when it comes to coaching. Apparently Powells are and I’m happy as can be about Powells success. Keep it up Pirates.
(04-23-2024, 02:03 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: Was just trying to say that the Daddies are doing good things with Powell.  There are still a few dads out there that do the right things when it comes to coaching.  Apparently Powells are and I’m happy as can be about Powells success.  Keep it up Pirates.

People can say what they want, but Coach Josh Begley (Father of 2 players on Powell’s roster) and Coach Burt Napier (Father of 1 Powell Co. player) Both stepped up to fill the void created by Coach Spencer during the 2A State Championship run they had and they will continue to man the ship until Spencer makes a return. Begley who has been a coach at Powell Co. for 6 years now and Napier who has been a coach for 4 years now, have never had to do such a thing since being hired onto the coaching staff. I feel as though they both filled this void very well and stepped up showing that Powell not only has an outstanding head coach, but also some phenomenal assistant coaches. Thus setting them greatly apart from most of the other regional contenders on the vast majority of team rankings thus far. Way to step up and take the wheel Coach Begley and Coach Napier and a big congrats to Powell on becoming state champions.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ProBaller365's post:
  • Baseball247
(04-23-2024, 02:03 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: Was just trying to say that the Daddies are doing good things with Powell.  There are still a few dads out there that do the right things when it comes to coaching.  Apparently Powells are and I’m happy as can be about Powells success.  Keep it up Pirates.
It takes a very special parent to be able to do it the correct way. You’re always going to have a biased towards your own child. At the lower levels dads are the only ones that will put the time in needed to coach. Some do it better than others. When you get to the higher levels that changes but there are dads that can do it. Usually the ones that succeed are the ones that were already established coaches before they ever started coaching their kids.
[-] The following 3 users Like 14th Official's post:
  • 14th_regionfan, Bulldogs4Ever, DukeBoy

And I want to be clear, it’s not about one player making that much of a difference. But it is a culture thing that can negatively affect an entire team and dugout. When players know the best lineup isn’t out there it’s a cancer. But…to their absolute credit they made the right choice and are one of the best in not the region but the state right now.
My name is Joshua begley. I’m the assistant coach of powell co high school. I get on here and help push our program to people who don’t get to see us plus provide insight to every team. I watch them personally and about every team in the 14th region has a kid or multiple kids who has  play for my travel teams in the past. I’ve put blood, sweat and tears into baseball for 12 years now. Giving everyone I coach a chance to better themselves and even now help kids who don’t play for me get scholarships. I’ve busted my ass for little to no money. For someone to call out my son who has exactly hit for 10 games then was taken out and replaced but who still has played second base and only committed a couple errors all year. My son earned his right to play. He started in august and never missed a workout all the way up to the season. For your information I don’t make the lineups. I don’t push an agenda. I love each and every kid on this team and every kid I’ve coached in the past. Beau earned his right to swing in the lineup and probably got screwed over some cause he was asked to bunt almost every time he got up. So now that everyone knows my name radial arm saw are you just a keyboard warrior talking about a kid and pulling him out personally or are you man enough to put your name out there and stand behind what you have said in the past. I’m guess you will stay in the shadows and not say a word.  I better not figure out who you are.  Have a great day!!!
[-] The following 6 users Like Baseball247's post:
  • 14th_regionfan, Bluecat, Bulldogs4Ever, kwnickell24, ProBaller365, SidelineFan
Radial_Armsaw stay in the 11th.
Hey Joshua, congratulations on the State Title. Won’t be hearing to much for a while I’d say from the bleacher coaches. Keep up the good work.
[-] The following 2 users Like Bulldogs4Ever's post:
  • Baseball247, kwnickell24
(04-24-2024, 09:38 AM)Baseball247 Wrote:

My name is Joshua begley. I’m the assistant coach of powell co high school. I get on here and help push our program to people who don’t get to see us plus provide insight to every team. I watch them personally and about every team in the 14th region has a kid or multiple kids who has  play for my travel teams in the past. I’ve put blood, sweat and tears into baseball for 12 years now. Giving everyone I coach a chance to better themselves and even now help kids who don’t play for me get scholarships. I’ve busted my ass for little to no money. For someone to call out my son who has exactly hit for 10 games then was taken out and replaced but who still has played second base and only committed a couple errors all year. My son earned his right to play. He started in august and never missed a workout all the way up to the season. For your information I don’t make the lineups. I don’t push an agenda. I love each and every kid on this team and every kid I’ve coached in the past. Beau earned his right to swing in the lineup and probably got screwed over some cause he was asked to bunt almost every time he got up. So now that everyone knows my name radial arm saw are you just a keyboard warrior talking about a kid and pulling him out personally or are you man enough to put your name out there and stand behind what you have said in the past. I’m guess you will stay in the shadows and not say a word.  I better not figure out who you are.  Have a great day!!!
I’m not in practices and I don’t know what goes into any decision making, outside looking in I only have an opinion and you know how that goes. Opinions are like a$$holes and everyone has one. Wasn’t my intention to offend anyone I thought this was a forum to discuss baseball. So if offense was taken I apologize. Honestly I thought I was saying the coaches had done a great job making adjustments but reading it back I can see how it was taken negatively, and I regret that. No offense to the young man who I’m sure is a hard worker and good player. I’m just not a fan of political goings on and always assume that’s the case. Wish everyone the best…just an opinion from the bleachers that don’t mean anything.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Radial_Armsaw's post:
  • Spud6
No radial arm saw you meant exactly what you typed. You said daddy ball was attempted and good job on Coach Spencer for changing and going another route. Don’t back away from
The keyboard now. This is forum to discuss baseball and teams. Not point out a kid and say ten games knowing only one coaches son has hit in ten games. Shame on you. Your apology isn’t accepted by me. Keep my kids names out of your mouth!!!! You are an adult act like one. Don’t run from your comments now. You said them own them. I can completely understand you staying in the shadows. Don’t come patting me on the back and then when I turn around stab me. I’ll fight till the end for my team and kids. Anyone who knows me as a person or a coach knows this about me. I’m pretty sure you know who I am and I almost certain who you are. Eventually it will come out.
[-] The following 3 users Like Baseball247's post:
  • 14th_regionfan, ProBaller365, SidelineFan