Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Powell County 9 Taylor County 8 (8 innings)
KY 2A State Championship. 

Pirates had a 8-3 lead but Taylor battled back to tie it and force extra innings. Powell was able to push one across in the 8th to take a 9-8 lead. Taylor couldn’t get anything going in their half of the 8th. 

This is Taylor County’s 2nd loss. They are now 17-2. They have wins over Tates Creek, Madison Central, Lafayette and several others. 

Really big win for the Pirates, 14th region and 56th district.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Strikeout King's post:
  • LOOKAYANNER
Congratulations to the Pirates!! Way to represent the 56th and the 14th!
PBR had Taylor County at #4 in the state. They were ranked 5th in the preseason.
Y’all never believed in us but here we are
Congrats, Powell County.
Congrats Powell Co, a 14th Region State Champ! Haven't been to many of those! Job well done!
As someone who has gotten around to 2 or 3 of Powell’s games, I think they might be the most positive team I’ve seen in the region in years. Regardless of the situation, Powell picks up their players and constantly keeps their heads up. Within those 2-3 games I watched, I saw many of the bench players coming out and picking up the varsity players and being an active part of the team. Powell county’s team chemistry and the way Coach Spencer is running things in Stanton is immaculate. After seeing Powell county last year and seeing the cancer caused by last years seniors, I was positive that we wouldn’t be seeing them as a regional contender. I don’t know what Coach Spencer has changed or what happened during the off season, but it seems like Powell has it going on and is definitely surprised many.