Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
14th region transfers
(05-03-2024, 12:58 PM)Parkway_Paul Wrote:
(05-03-2024, 12:24 PM)Bulldogs4Ever Wrote: I bet Creech wouldn’t talk to Harold Brashear that way.  Got his shot at Perry this year and backed down from Brashear I heard.
lol at Harold Breshear. good one 

Flinchum didn’t come to Breathitt because he wants 30 shots a game I guess. Why anyone would transfer to Wolfe County is beyond me
Flinchum may have shot 30 shots at Wolfe but his 3pt percentages was higher then anyone else in the 14th region somewhere around 44% I believe may wanna check me on that though! I'm with you on why he would want to go to Wolfe I think it because of all the hype being built up around the young wolves team an what they could do an all that an then when it came down to it wolfe wasn't as good as they thought big man quit 3 games in which hurt them bad against Hazard an breathitt! But I will say this if hazard powell or breathitt had flinchum last year it wouldn't have been perry going to state not with the way that kid was filling it up at the end of the year him an Creech were like cream they rose to the top while the rest on that team stayed subpar an the coach let them run wild!  Yall can mark me down as saying this an come back to it next year if wolfe loses flinchum they will finish next year just above cordia an jackson city cause Creech can't pack that team by his self!
(04-29-2024, 03:58 PM)Bigbluewarehouse Wrote: Heard this morning we may be getting a brother sister combo at hazard from Owsley County I've not saw much from the boy but if he's as good as his sister he will make a fine addition to the bulldogs!
They are not headed to Hazard, rumors abound saying they want an opportunity to play at Rupp for each child. Not to many schools fit that bill for both kids but if it happens where I have heard they will def have chance next year.
(05-03-2024, 02:32 PM)shottaker23 Wrote:
(04-29-2024, 03:58 PM)Bigbluewarehouse Wrote: Heard this morning we may be getting a brother sister combo at hazard from Owsley County I've not saw much from the boy but if he's as good as his sister he will make a fine addition to the bulldogs!
They are not headed to Hazard, rumors abound saying they want an opportunity to play at Rupp for each child. Not to many schools fit that bill for both kids but if it happens where I have heard they will def have chance next year.
I was hoping if the flew the Owsley coop we would get them at hazard Andrew would be a big size advantage an scoring threat an there just isn't words to say how good Addison is her talent girl is bound to be a d1 player!
(05-03-2024, 03:22 PM)Bigbluewarehouse Wrote:
I was hoping if the flew the Owsley coop we would get them at hazard Andrew would be a big size advantage an scoring threat an there just isn't words to say how good Addison is her talent girl is bound to be a d1 player!
Not happening.
Those are just rumors. Coach Terry will be coaching his son Andrew and Addie Terry is one of the best juniors in the mountains, and also the state. Andrew is a freshman and has grown to 6’7 and Addie is fresh off a stellar season for the Lady Owls with an All A Regional championship and a quarterfinals in that state tournament, and the KHSAA 14th Region championship and what should have been at least a quarterfinal appearance at Rupp. A 2 point loss to Bowling Green in a very controversial officiated game that saw 5 points wiped off for Owsley on terrible calls ended their season. And those 2 calls were just one of many head scratchers during the game. These are my opinions but after talking to people from all over the state in the concourse after the game it was pretty much a consensus opinion from anyone not wearing BG purple. 
So Addie will lead a pretty solid returning team this season to see if a return trip to Rupp is possible.
[-] The following 1 user Likes LOOKAYANNER's post:
  • Bigbluewarehouse
(05-03-2024, 05:44 PM)LOOKAYANNER Wrote:
(05-03-2024, 03:22 PM)Bigbluewarehouse Wrote:
Not happening.
Those are just rumors. Coach Terry will be coaching his son Andrew and Addie Terry is one of the best juniors in the mountains, and also the state. Andrew is a freshman and has grown to 6’7 and Addie is fresh off a stellar season for the Lady Owls with an All A Regional championship and a quarterfinals in that state tournament, and the KHSAA 14th Region championship and what should have been at least a quarterfinal appearance at Rupp. A 2 point loss to Bowling Green in a very controversial officiated game that saw 5 points wiped off for Owsley on terrible calls ended their season. And those 2 calls were just one of many head scratchers during the game. These are my opinions but after talking to people from all over the state in the concourse after the game it was pretty much a consensus opinion from anyone not wearing BG purple. 
So Addie will lead a pretty solid returning team this season to see if a return trip to Rupp is possible.
Buddy I was sure hoping for both of them at hazard Addison is so talented an Andrew is just getting started Owsley boys may end up surprising a few people this year
Don’t sleep on Leslie county , they are gonna be tough. But I’m afraid Perry will
Have a down year with Noah going to Leslie. From region champs to probably 5-6 at best in region.. Yea I know Noah didn’t play basketball but I also know what he’s capable of and he would have led Perry back to Rupp had he stayed and played but now he will help lead Leslie to a region title Perry has got to stop letting these kids leave
(05-03-2024, 08:28 PM)Jet fighter Wrote: Don’t sleep on Leslie county , they are gonna be tough.  But I’m afraid Perry will
Have a down year with Noah going to Leslie. From region champs to probably 5-6 at best in region..  Yea I know Noah  didn’t play basketball but I also know what he’s capable of and he would have led Perry back to Rupp had he stayed and played but now he will help lead Leslie to a region title  Perry has got to stop letting these kids leave
That wasn't the questions is noah playing summer ball for leslie? But one player no matter how good he is will lead leslie to region next year unless John has some more transfers we don't know about region will be hazards to lose far as region I see it being Hazard breathitt powell knott perry wolfe leslie Owsley cordia jackson city an that's if flinchum stays at wolfe if he goes I'd put leslie an maybe Owsley above them above them!
(05-02-2024, 04:11 PM)GeraldDaLoved Wrote:
(05-02-2024, 02:30 PM)Parkway_Paul Wrote: Heard Corey Flinchum might be playing for Montgomery County next year. Big addition for Mays if true
I just don't seeing him leaving WC. He has played on the AAU circuit with 2 WC players. He has known them for years. I could be wrong, but I'd bet the farm He isn't going anywhere.

You may not know this answer but asking in general. why didn’t he go from breathitt to Wolfe? He played AAU with them then too, right? I think he was supposed to go to Wolfe but they have never been a fan of the coach. Not many are anymore I guess so nothing new here. 

He went to jackson city who he had 0 AAU teammates as far as I know. Then from there last summer, he goes to Powell not Wolfe.  Why not go with his AAU teammates then?  Think they were planning somewhere from Powell that I couldn’t tell you where but then end up back at jackson city before school started. He started this yr at jackson. Again not at Wolfe. Wolfe is probably the closest school to him from what I’ve been told but he went everywhere but where his AAU teammates have been.

Wolfe has been the obvious choice but he went everywhere but there. So it begs the question, how did they ultimately get him there? And was it enough to keep him.
Bigbluewarehouse that’s what I’m saying. Flinchum going to Wolfe is the dumbest move I’ve ever seen a player make. He would have won the region at Breathitt this year and had another great chance to win it next year. Not sure what his family was thinking lol
[-] The following 1 user Likes Parkway_Paul's post:
  • Bigbluewarehouse
Big Fish Little Pond maybe. Idk
(05-03-2024, 12:24 PM)Bulldogs4Ever Wrote: I bet Creech wouldn’t talk to Harold Brashear that way.  Got his shot at Perry this year and backed down from Brashear I heard.
Bull would roll that big boy all over the gym without breaking a sweat
(Yesterday, 01:01 AM)HollerRat Wrote:
I wasn't at the game they got into it but I was at the hazard game when bull an Greg Creech was yelling at each other in front of fans kids an all after bull had run the Ritchie kid off again! I'm starting to hear rumors flinchum is headed back to breathitt guess the stuff people said about parents and kids not wanting him at wolfe an how they would eventually run him off is true from what my grandson told me he's hearing through social media stupid move on wolfes part but will be a great addition for the bobcats I wish things were different an hazard was mixed in with those rumors!
The boat is loaded at Hazard but if Breathitt gets Flinchum that will be a major boost for the Bobcats and imo would arguably make them the #1 team in the region
[-] The following 1 user Likes Parkway_Paul's post:
  • Bigbluewarehouse
(Yesterday, 02:05 PM)Parkway_Paul Wrote: The boat is loaded at Hazard but if Breathitt gets Flinchum that will be a major boost for the Bobcats and imo would arguably make them the #1 team in the region
I think with flinchum an his shooting abilities it could very well spell trouble for all other teams in the region I'm partial to the Dawgs but I gotta give breathitt credit where it's due they would be really good an the game between them an hazard should be a sell out cause it will be a fight to the last second! I'd just like to know what happened that made him want to leave wolfe of rumors are true I thought everything seemed good Facebook posts by his dad seemed like everything was good but my grandson said it was kids at the school an a few on his team giving him a hard time telling him they didn't want him at wolfe anymore if they get their wish I look for wolfe to have a rough time with just Creech he's a good player but he's not flinchum an lets be real without flinchums 30 pts in the Jackson city game the tigers would have beat wolfe this year an so would owsley an betsy layne!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bigbluewarehouse's post:
  • Parkway_Paul
(05-03-2024, 08:28 PM)Jet fighter Wrote: Don’t sleep on Leslie county , they are gonna be tough.  But I’m afraid Perry will
Have a down year with Noah going to Leslie. From region champs to probably 5-6 at best in region..  Yea I know Noah  didn’t play basketball but I also know what he’s capable of and he would have led Perry back to Rupp had he stayed and played but now he will help lead Leslie to a region title  Perry has got to stop letting these kids leave
Him and lebron couldn’t help lead Leslie to a region title. Shut up and quit being ignorant.
Flinchum is telling his teammates he’s going to Montgomery saw one that he’s very close to today to confirm that. Could that change? Of course.  The reason given is this. Wolfe doesn’t want to win. It’s a coaching issue 100%.  I haven’t wanted to bring up something I saw recently but this feels like it may be getting out there. Not sure. 

But the same the Ritchie kid said why he left seems to be echoed by why the flinchum boy is leaving. He said wolfes coach hasn’t talked one thing about lifting weights or summer ball. He is too focused on softball. He played kids that lost games for them more than he played creech or flinchum and that surprised me to hear. But this is 2nd kid I’ve heard there in one year that was a starter say the best players aren’t out there. And from the videos I saw, I believe that adds up. 

So these videos if they were shared with this boys family they are getting out here the storm hits. These seen over past few years and recordings of wolfes coach or other coaches. It’s ugly. He told his staff one year to only coach Sawyer Thompson and that no one else mattered but him that season. A few times he says “I owe sawyer” which was odd, owe him not to care about any other player? Doubt he wanted that dude. 

But the worst parts and granted I don’t know all involved so may not be the worst but parts were hard to follow. But when you hear a coach or coaches talk about how they are getting others-coaches, teachers, and even players to bully their own players so they will quit, I lose respect for you there. The way they talked about hurting their own kids, sabatogging ones they didn’t want playing, it’s sick. A part where two guys are laughing about telling a kid the plays wrong in practice to give them another thing to go after. 

They need to get it together and he needs to go. The ADA will have a field day with some of what’s on these clips. Treating special needs kids like they are shown, it’s disgusting. The way he calls fans dumb and talks about manipulating them more or less in who they cheer for loudly and who they get on. 

There is a clip of a coach or someone coming in gym yelling at Robert Scott in front of players and other people about players playing in front of his son. Robert Scott does say he will play who he wants and to get the hell out. But I’m told this is the dad of the kid with the most minutes on team that is also why starters as well as wolfes bench were unhappy all year. I hear he’s lost his entire bench and was banking on flinchum giving him an easy next few years. He played 5 players at the end and now he’s down to 4 with no real competition to go against bc no one on bench is coming back. It’s clear he gives a crap about younger guys bc he has no desire to leave the program good for the next guy. 

Robert Scott did have a good young group. He was handed what he needed to keep this kid happy. His ego thought he was enough when the players seem more knowledgeable than him. These clips are insane to think any coach could have gotten away with this up there this long. He’s more concerned with who benefits him than winning. I hope if he has an ounce of integrity left, this man steps down and doesn’t let his school and team get dragged through the mud even more. He has no one to blame but himself. 

Havent even touched on the rigged raffles. Guess he owed someone  a blower like he owed a former player. People there have to want him gone for these private conversations over past few years to be leaked like this.  I don’t think his ego lets him quit but it may be the first unselfish thing this man has done in awhile to walk away. He clearly doesn’t want to be coaching or do anything extra. It’s all other people putting in work to have him benefit from and he still messes it up this bad. 

I didn’t understand the hate this guy got. He’s always pleasant when I’ve seen him and spoke about softball. Stay on the field with your girl. Let someone who cares step in and coach the team. Minute you can’t coach fair or coach to win, what are you doing still there? It should be about the kids. Wolfe county basketball has been about what’s best for this coach and every complaint over years makes a lot more sense. 

Hope they figure it out bc they do have some good kids I feel very bad for getting lost in this mess and many more before them going through it as well.
It won't matter if robert Scott steps down wolfe will just replace him with one of the assistants on the bench most likely brandon McWhorter cause his family is well to do in the wolfe hierarchy an he won't be no better then what they got now you can watch the kids interacting with him on the sideline I've seen the eye rolls an shoulder shrugs appears they have no respect at all for him! But my grandson saw some videos an messages where two of his teammates an some girls were in a group talking about how he needed to leave an get out of wolfe cause no one wanted him there one even went so far as to say his dad begged robert Scott not to start flinchum an that they were told to make him leave someone said last year when the kid went there to beware of parents an kids looks like they were right maybe the whole school system needs an over haul!
(Yesterday, 01:01 AM)HollerRat Wrote:
Didn’t Harold brasher kill a guy doing mma years ago??