Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mathew Taylor Named Head Coach at Shelby Valley
Former Letcher Central HC Matthew Taylor has been named the new Boys Basketball Coach at SV. 

Leaving one more boys job left to fill in the 15th at this point, the Belfry Pirates.
I think this is a really good hire for Shelby Valley
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Good hire if Taylor is planning on sticking around for a while.
Pretty solid hire. Valley should be competitive again.
I think the players that are there fit his style. He will attract a few kids, and some will follow him from LCC. I rank him the 4th best coach in the region to start the year.
(04-12-2024, 12:43 PM)TheDick's-n-Karl's Wrote: I think the players that are there fit his style. He will attract a few kids, and some will follow him from LCC. I rank him the 4th best coach in the region to start the year.

McKenzie
Justice
James
Taylor?
(04-12-2024, 01:59 PM)RTruth Wrote:
(04-12-2024, 12:43 PM)TheDick's-n-Karl's Wrote: I think the players that are there fit his style. He will attract a few kids, and some will follow him from LCC. I rank him the 4th best coach in the region to start the year.

McKenzie
Justice
James
Taylor?
 McKenzie
Justice
Thompson 
Taylor
Good hire, I would not say homerun hire, I don't see kids making any major move to just go play for him. But he will be good coach at Valley until they run him off.
Fired a good coach and hires this person. Where is Valleys program going to?
Should of keep McCOY.
(04-12-2024, 01:59 PM)RTruth Wrote:

McKenzie
Justice
James
Taylor?
LOL!!
Ain’t nobody following him
Two left already.
One enrolling this week at Valley.
From the word around Valley another following in weeks to come.

If he can win 20+ at LCC with their past tradition and what he took over there and the drop off of talent.
LCC never beat Perry Pikeville etc before him 
Then follow that up with winning 16 games this past season with not a single starter healthy all season. 
PLUS the Region Player of Year missing all 2nd semester, and Boggs the leading scorer out 90% of season

I bet in 2yrs Valley is back to Valley of old.
Hearing Valley is already getting kids transferring in and possibly kids going back that transferred away.
(04-16-2024, 10:51 AM)BlackCat5 Wrote: Hearing Valley is already getting kids transferring in and possibly kids going back that transferred away.

I heard this same thing and even heard the kid that went to Pike from ER is considering going there.
(04-16-2024, 12:27 PM)GotYouInMyScope Wrote:
(04-16-2024, 10:51 AM)BlackCat5 Wrote: Hearing Valley is already getting kids transferring in and possibly kids going back that transferred away.

I heard this same thing and even heard the kid that went to Pike from ER is considering going there.
Has anyone ever gone to Pikeville and left? As far as the last 10 years since nobody is ruled ineligible.
Good hire for SV