Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OPEN: Letcher County Central
thier boys basketball coach stepped down to take Shelby valley job is what being reported
Big loss for Letcher
yes sir it is
Seems like a lot of turnover in the athletic department at LCC.
(04-11-2024, 05:05 PM)hchs fan Wrote: thier boys basketball coach stepped down to take Shelby valley job is what being reported
I wonder if he will take Hamilton with him. Hamilton was supposed to play at Shelby Valley, but transferred to LCC.
well
Josh or Matt Hurt
Or they bring back Winston Lee
Big turnover in LCC Athletics. I am hearing they are eyeing an assistant coach in another region with family connection to the school. But they are expecting a good list of candidates.
I'd love to see Matt Hurt make a return to the 14th Region.
Letcher's athletic department is absolute trash. Turnover after turnover after turnover.
Didn't they go after Holland before Taylor? Could that be an option?
All LCC sports decisions and coaching selections at LCC goes thru the football coach and his family..
Show Shelby Valley they were wrong in firing Tyler McCoy and hire him as your coach. He knows the game. Good coach. He was dealt a bad hand at Valley.
Bryan Howard should be offered 1st and would be the perfect hire, but who knows what they do cause they were warned before hiring that idiot Dean again. Now whether Bryan will take it is another question but would be who the county will rally around.
I've heard the assistant under Matt Taylor is going to be the first offer.
Don’t matter who they bring in, still gonna lose.
Howard led Whitesburg back to the sweet 16 his sr year then played at transy for 4 yrs, was an assistant under Lee then has been coaching middle school girls then took over the Whitesburg middle school boys this past year. Would be a the perfect homerun hire if he wants it, should be asked and offered first & would also prevent kids from leaving and have more come back out plus he’s a great person.

I’ve also heard Honeycutt name mentioned but may be cause he applied for it last time, nothing from anyone saying he was interested just a name brought up. I’m sure noble is in the running as well being the assistant under Taylor these 3 yrs.