Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
15th Region All-A
Prestonsburg 10 Phelps 0
Pikeville 17 Betsy Lavne 0
Martin Co. 6 Shelby Valley 5
Paintsville 1 Belfry 0

Would like to hear what people think of these results and if anybody thinks a team other than Pikeville can win this tournament.
No one has a shot at Pikeville. PBurg has one arm that can beat Pikeville but I don’t think they can play a clean game or hit enough
(04-10-2024, 11:06 AM)RTruth Wrote: No one has a shot at Pikeville. PBurg has one arm that can beat Pikeville but I don’t think they can play a clean game or hit enough

I hope you are right but Pikeville just lost 5 straight to decent competition and looked very mediocre doing it. Pikeville isn't a lock IMO.
(04-10-2024, 03:59 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
(04-10-2024, 11:06 AM)RTruth Wrote: No one has a shot at Pikeville. PBurg has one arm that can beat Pikeville but I don’t think they can play a clean game or hit enough

I hope you are right but Pikeville just lost 5 straight to decent competition and looked very mediocre doing it. Pikeville isn't a lock IMO.

Pburg's coaching staff is full of former Simpkins players and the Blackcats are no slouch this season, tomorrow could be interesting
[-] The following 2 users Like Colonel4Life1999's post:
  • Blacksmith, jetpilot
Pburg has many arms that could beat Pikeville. The problem is the lack of bats. The reason Pburg has been semi-competitive to this point is because of its pitching.
(04-10-2024, 08:21 PM)BCF4L Wrote:
Pburg has many arms that could beat Pikeville. The problem is the lack of bats. The reason Pburg has been semi-competitive to this point is because of its pitching.

No they don't.

Losing 5 straight to decent competition is much better than only playing two full seven inning games. Pikeville will be better for playing stiffer competition
[-] The following 1 user Likes RAMDAD50's post:
  • jetpilot
(04-10-2024, 08:46 PM)RAMDAD50 Wrote:

Losing 5 straight to decent competition is much better than only playing two full seven inning games. Pikeville will be better for playing stiffer competition
I get it and I know their coach does some tinkering in those games but I still expected some wins. They lost 7-0 and 6-0 leads. Were ranked 9th in the state. But it's early and I'm over it lol. Got to beat Prestonsburg tomorrow though...
(04-10-2024, 08:24 PM)jetpilot Wrote:

No they don't.
Maybe many is an exaggeration but they do have a couple that could keep it competitive if the defense holds and the offense gets going. Still a tall task even if pitching allows a single run.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BCF4L's post:
  • jetpilot
(04-10-2024, 10:21 PM)BCF4L Wrote:
(04-10-2024, 08:24 PM)jetpilot Wrote:

No they don't.
Maybe many is an exaggeration but they do have a couple that could keep it competitive if the defense holds and the offense gets going. Still a tall task even if pitching allows a single run.

Absolutely Prestonsburg is capable of knocking Pikeville off tomorrow. Could be in for a pitchers' duel.
Any opinions on Martin Co. V Paintsville? Martin Co. is off to a hot start with only loss being to Belfry 3-1 & Paintsville is always good. They picked up a 1-0 win v Belfry Tuesday night. Paintsville is young, but they are a different kind of young than most teams. Their young players won a middle school state championship and while it may not be this year, I can definitely see that group winning a region title or two before they graduate.
I think those young tigers will beat Martin easily and face the panthers
(04-11-2024, 10:29 PM)Hailtheville Wrote: I think those young tigers will beat Martin easily and face the panthers
But I believe our panthers will raise the trophy but it will be a tough game from what I have seen of them
Bottom of the 5th right now and Pikeville is ahead 4-1
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
https://fb.watch/rpvI3qlMR5/

Here is the link to watch the Pikeville vs. Prestonsburg game live on Mountain Top Media
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
[-] The following 1 user Likes Spud6's post:
  • Big Five-0-
(04-12-2024, 08:35 PM)Spud6 Wrote: https://fb.watch/rpvI3qlMR5/

Here is the link to watch the Pikeville vs. Prestonsburg game live on Mountain Top Media
Thanks Spud6
[-] The following 1 user Likes Big Five-0-'s post:
  • Spud6
Pikeville beats Paintsville in ALL A FINALS AND MAKES A RUN AT THE ALL A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP. THEY HAVE THE PITCHINH AND THEY ARE STARTING TO HIT THE BALL.
Errors killed the young tigers
(04-14-2024, 01:05 PM)Warriorhawk17 Wrote: Pikeville beats Paintsville in ALL A FINALS AND MAKES A RUN AT THE ALL A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP. THEY HAVE THE PITCHINH AND THEY ARE STARTING TO HIT THE BALL.
Is Pikeville the favorite