Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Updated rankings for 14th region
Since we’re getting along into the season and a lot of games have been played what’s everyone’s opinion on the top 5 in the region right now. I know it’s coming to vary with different opinions but here’s mine. 
1. Letcher
2. Perry
3. Hazard
4. Breathitt 
5. Estill
I feel like Estill is a sleeper. They’re the only team besides Breathitt from that direction that’s impressed me so far.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SpaceMountain19's post:
  • Desperado888
I agree with you.
I’m confused as to why Estill is throwing a 7th grader as much as they have and not letting Rice throw as much as she did last year. Last year she was Estill’s main pitcher
(04-03-2024, 05:04 PM)Strikeout King Wrote: I’m confused as to why Estill is throwing a 7th grader as much as they have and not letting Rice throw as much as she did last year. Last year she was Estill’s main pitcher
That’s my reasoning for thinking they’re a sleeper. Not letting some of these better teams see their best pitcher is good game strategy in my eyes.
(04-03-2024, 03:41 PM)SpaceMountain19 Wrote: Since we’re getting along into the season and a lot of games have been played what’s everyone’s opinion on the top 5 in the region right now. I know it’s coming to vary with different opinions but here’s mine. 
1. Letcher
2. Perry
3. Hazard
4. Breathitt 
5. Estill
I feel like Estill is a sleeper. They’re the only team besides Breathitt from that direction that’s impressed me so far.
I like your top 5 and reasoning.  I know Letcher has a win over Perry, and Breathitt has a win over Letcher, but I would have to put Perry in the top spot with Letcher at two. 

Things seem to be tighter than I figured early on.  I could see any of top 4 winning the 14th
(04-03-2024, 10:50 PM)HollerRat Wrote:
(04-03-2024, 03:41 PM)SpaceMountain19 Wrote: Since we’re getting along into the season and a lot of games have been played what’s everyone’s opinion on the top 5 in the region right now. I know it’s coming to vary with different opinions but here’s mine. 
1. Letcher
2. Perry
3. Hazard
4. Breathitt 
5. Estill
I like your top 5 and reasoning.  I know Letcher has a win over Perry, and Breathitt has a win over Letcher, but I would have to put Perry in the top spot with Letcher at two. 

Things seem to be tighter than I figured early on.  I could see any of top 4 winning the 14th
I’ll respectfully agree with you. Just using what games I’ve watched as a reference point. It could go either way though amongst those top 4, possibly 5.  One things for sure, this isn’t a one horse race anymore. A lot of season left but I can see this group starting to distance themselves from the rest of the teams in the region.
(04-03-2024, 10:50 PM)HollerRat Wrote:
1. Letcher
2. Perry
3. Hazard
4. Breathitt 
5. Estill

and Estill run ruled Breathitt at Breathitt
Breathitt was without Pennington and Clemons for that game as well as their game against Hazard I believe. That’s why I didn’t factor those in
I checked out Wolfes schedule and results just now on KHSAA. I’d have to rank them 3rd. Hazard 4th and Estill 5th. I’m dropping Breathitt to 6th. But like everyone said it’s not a one horse race this year.
(04-04-2024, 01:37 PM)Desperado888 Wrote: I checked out Wolfes schedule and results just now on KHSAA.  I’d have to rank them 3rd.  Hazard 4th and Estill 5th.  I’m dropping Breathitt to 6th.  But like everyone said it’s not a one horse race this year.
Wolfe isn’t even close to being a top 5 team. I’ve watched them a couple times. They just don’t look good this season. The addition of noble as a pitcher was the best thing to happen to them but they’re far from the teams they’ve had in the past.
(04-04-2024, 02:45 PM)SpaceMountain19 Wrote:
(04-04-2024, 01:37 PM)Desperado888 Wrote: I checked out Wolfes schedule and results just now on KHSAA.  I’d have to rank them 3rd.  Hazard 4th and Estill 5th.  I’m dropping Breathitt to 6th.  But like everyone said it’s not a one horse race this year.
Wolfe isn’t even close to being a top 5 team. I’ve watched them a couple times. They just don’t look good this season. The addition of noble as a pitcher was the best thing to happen to them but they’re far from the teams they’ve had in the past.
Breathitt at 6 is completely foolish too.
1. Perry
2. Letcher
3. Breathitt
4. Hazard
5. Estill
6. Wolfe
(04-04-2024, 04:41 PM)The Weatherman Wrote: 1. Perry
2. Letcher
3. Breathitt
4. Hazard
5. Estill
6. Wolfe
That’s a good list also. I still personally think hazard is a bit better all around than breathitt but can see that one going either way. With the all A tournament rolling around, I guess we’ll see just exactly how some of these teams do against each other. Hazard and breathitt should be the two best teams in it and looks like they square off first round with the winner getting Wolfe who drew the bye.
(04-04-2024, 04:41 PM)The Weatherman Wrote: 1. Perry
2. Letcher
3. Breathitt
4. Hazard
5. Estill
6. Wolfe
That’s a good list also. I still personally think hazard is a bit better all around than breathitt but can see that one going either way. With the all A tournament rolling around, I guess we’ll see just exactly how some of these teams do against each other. Hazard and breathitt should be the two best teams in it and looks like they square off first round with the winner getting Wolfe who drew the bye.
I think as long as Wolfe County has Chloe Creech on the mound they are one of top 5 teams. They have a guaranteed spot in the regional tournament in that two team district they play in which shouldn’t even be legal. I’d have to rank the region like this:

1. Perry
2. Letcher
3. Hazard
4. Estill
5. Wolfe
5. Breathitt
(04-05-2024, 08:39 AM)DukeBoy Wrote: I think as long as Wolfe County has Chloe Creech on the mound they are one of top 5 teams.  They have a guaranteed spot in the regional tournament in that two team district they play in which shouldn’t even be legal.  I’d have to rank the region like this:

1.  Perry
2.  Letcher
3.  Hazard
4.  Estill
5.  Wolfe
5.  Breathitt
I absolutely agree with you that their district situation and an automatic bid into the region is bull. Perry very likely could be number 1 in most polls. I just said letcher due to them having a victory over Perry but most definitely could see those two teams being flip flopped. Creech is a good player and a really solid bat. I’ve watched them play twice this season and the noble girl from Jackson city impressed me more. Her ball has alot more movement on it and she’s got better speed also from what I’ve saw.
Perry 
Letcher 
Hazard 

The rest are just a step behind the first 3 right now.