Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Open Job: Knox Central
who front runner or person for this job
hearing Wayne Mills
Full moon Wayne?

No way, we couldn’t be that lucky.
(04-02-2024, 02:41 AM)HighViz Wrote: Full moon Wayne?

There is an eclipse coming, just saying.
(04-02-2024, 02:41 AM)HighViz Wrote: Full moon Wayne?

Sun shines on every dogs arse every now and then, we’re about due….
[-] The following 2 users Like TD Hounds's post:
  • Cowboy42, HighViz
Maybe Mouser does his 355th interview and finally gets a head coaching job. I can’t see Wayne getting the offer to go back there. But, crazier things have happened I guess.
(04-02-2024, 01:14 PM)HighViz Wrote: Maybe Mouser does his 355th interview and finally gets a head coaching job.  I can’t see Wayne getting the offer to go back there.  But, crazier things have happened I guess.
Honestly, and this tastes pretty crappy, I think Wayne is a pretty good coach….Had it not been for the couple years of absolute insanity with his son I wouldn’t have any issues with the job he’s done…Have to give the guy credit he built Knox into a pretty decent program, before Canidy took over and ran it into the ground, if I where Knox and he wanted the job I’d give it another shot, what do they have to lose?
[-] The following 2 users Like TD Hounds's post:
  • Bull got out!, hchs fan
(04-02-2024, 10:56 PM)TD Hounds Wrote:
(04-02-2024, 01:14 PM)HighViz Wrote: Maybe Mouser does his 355th interview and finally gets a head coaching job.  I can’t see Wayne getting the offer to go back there.  But, crazier things have happened I guess.
Honestly, and this tastes pretty crappy, I think Wayne is a pretty good coach….Had it not been for the couple years of absolute insanity with his son I wouldn’t have any issues with the job he’s done…Have to give the guy credit he built Knox into a pretty decent program, before Canidy took over and ran it into the ground, if I where Knox and he wanted the job I’d give it another shot, what do they have to lose?
I don’t agree with much you say. But you’re spot on. I’d be all for hiring  Coach Mills back. Hopefully they will give him the support he needs and deserves.
deadline to apply Saturday April 6th interviews start next week
I actually think Mills did a good job at Knox. I think he would be a great hire. He screwed up when he left for Bell. He had Knox headed in the right direction. Not sure who they would get any better. Just my opinion.
Look for former South Laurel coach Allen Mitchell to get an interview.
What happened with Buckner?
(04-05-2024, 05:26 PM)Corbin Wrote: What happened with Buckner?

Very green pastures is what I am hearing.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • insideinfo

I have talked to a lot of Knox Countians, and I have a ton of family over there. I get told every time Wayne Mills name comes up that he is the best coach that has ever coached at Knox Central. Now that is coming from some who coached with him. I know a guy who was there as well when Wayne left, and he supposedly was in the team meeting the day before Wayne left. I was told that they didn't want him to leave. So, from those in that area, from what I hear, he has a ton of respect overall. I don't know who has applied and haven't talked to anyone about this opening. Definitely lots of talent in that county. I went back and looked at Waynes record at Knox and I do remember that when he took over, he brought them into new territory as a program. Knox went from the 1-9 and 2-8 team to a winning program every year.
[-] The following 2 users Like Bull got out!'s post:
  • insideinfo, TD Hounds
(04-05-2024, 07:30 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:

Back to Corbin?
(04-06-2024, 01:42 AM)HighViz Wrote:

Back to Corbin?

They don’t have grass in Corbin anymore…  Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • pjdoug

Back to Corbin?
Reuniting with Haddix at Boyle County. He will be the 3rd former Corbin assistant on Haddix's staff.
[-] The following 1 user Likes jamesdeane's post:
  • Bull got out!
(04-05-2024, 07:58 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:

I have talked to a lot of Knox Countians, and I have a ton of family over there. I get told every time Wayne Mills name comes up that he is the best coach that has ever coached at Knox Central. Now that is coming from some who coached with him. I know a guy who was there as well when Wayne left, and he supposedly was in the team meeting the day before Wayne left. I was told that they didn't want him to leave. So, from those in that area, from what I hear, he has a ton of respect overall. I don't know who has applied and haven't talked to anyone about this opening. Definitely lots of talent in that county. I went back and looked at Waynes record at Knox and I do remember that when he took over, he brought them into new territory as a program. Knox went from the 1-9 and 2-8 team to a winning program every year.
I wondered at the time why he left, Bell Co was a better job obviously but I don’t know if it was that much better….The football landscape around Corbin, Knox, Bell would have been a lot different through the years had he stayed at Knox….
(04-06-2024, 09:18 AM)jamesdeane Wrote:

Back to Corbin?
Reuniting with Haddix at Boyle County. He will be the 3rd former Corbin assistant on Haddix's staff.
Reckon Greer wants to be back on HADDIX’s staff? Truth be known they all want Haddix back but they also know if and when he comes back they’ll be limited spots on his staff and the who’s out and who’s in will hurt some feel bads…Boyle wins 5 in a row this season and Haddix gets major raise at a new High School in my opinion….
(04-06-2024, 11:52 AM)Cowboy42 Wrote:

Back to Corbin?
Reckon Greer wants to be back on HADDIX’s staff? Truth be known they all want Haddix back but they also know if and when he comes back they’ll be limited spots on his staff and the who’s out and who’s in will hurt some feel bads…Boyle wins 5 in a row this season and Haddix gets major raise at a new High School in my opinion….
You maybe right, Haddix may take another job after next season but I don’t see it especially if he wins another one I think he stays until somebody breaks the streak at least…. I’d love to see him back in red n silver but it’s came to a point where I just don’t see this bunch we’ve got running things ever doing what’s right, especially since we had a school board member who got elected on a campaign promise to fix this issue and promptly forgot as soon as he took office….
[-] The following 1 user Likes TD Hounds's post:
  • HighViz
(04-07-2024, 01:33 AM)TD Hounds Wrote:
(04-05-2024, 07:30 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: Very green pastures is what I am hearing.
Back to Corbin?
You maybe right, Haddix may take another job after next season but I don’t see it especially if he wins another one I think he stays until somebody breaks the streak at least…. I’d love to see him back in red n silver but it’s came to a point where I just don’t see this bunch we’ve got running things ever doing what’s right, especially since we had a school board member who got elected on a campaign promise to fix this issue and promptly forgot as soon as he took office….
I’m hearing Cox is gonna apologize to Haddix and Tommy is gonna be Superintendent. And as long as Haddix leaves Mauser on staff he will have full control of the program.. After Haddix wins five in a row this season he’s gone somewhere as too many schools are wanting him. Corbin better pony up if they want that elusive 42 year State Championship brought back to Corbin. Was the school board member campaigning promise to get rid of Cox and bring Haddix back?? All I know when Boyle beats Corbin at Kroger Field everyone still loved Haddix but when Boyle beats Corbin in 3rd Round last year at Boyle it appears people don’t like Haddix anymore. I don’t look for Boyle and Corbin to be in same conversation this year as 4A is a one horse race being Boyle leading the pack. But the implications of the RPI could lead Corbin back to Boyle in 3rd round of playoffs again. I’m afraid that if Boyle plays Corbin this season it’ll be a blowout that Corbin fans haven’t ever seen before. I think Boyle drops 50 on Corbin this year if they play…..
(04-07-2024, 10:54 AM)Cowboy42 Wrote:
(04-07-2024, 01:33 AM)TD Hounds Wrote:
(04-06-2024, 01:42 AM)HighViz Wrote: Back to Corbin?
I’m hearing Cox is gonna apologize to Haddix and Tommy is gonna be Superintendent. And as long as Haddix leaves Mauser on staff he will have full control of the program.. After Haddix wins five in a row this season he’s gone somewhere as too many schools are wanting him. Corbin better pony up if they want that elusive 42 year State Championship brought back to Corbin. Was the school board member campaigning promise to get rid of Cox and bring Haddix back?? All I know when Boyle beats Corbin at Kroger Field everyone still loved Haddix but when Boyle beats Corbin in 3rd Round last year at Boyle it appears people don’t like Haddix anymore. I don’t look for Boyle and Corbin to be in same conversation this year as 4A is a one horse race being Boyle leading the pack. But the implications of the RPI could lead Corbin back to Boyle in 3rd round of playoffs again. I’m afraid that if Boyle plays Corbin this season it’ll be a blowout that Corbin fans haven’t ever seen before. I think Boyle drops 50 on Corbin this year if they play…..
I’ve heard the same thing about apologizing, question is if the ones involved had been treated as they did Haddix would an apology suffice?  I’m not gonna say anymore because it’s beyond counter productive at this point but I won’t be holding my breath in anticipation of Justin Haddix ever being back on a Corbin sideline, and I don’t blame him….As far as the school board member the way I understood it was exactly that, all involved parties would be dismissed and Haddix would be the man again, without outing them completely that school board members initials are Paul Taylor ooops…Bottom line until quite a few Corbinites stop trying to win the 1982 State Championship all over again things aren’t gonna change for the better….
[-] The following 1 user Likes TD Hounds's post:
  • Cowboy42
There is two things that you can guarantee will never happen.
1 Haddix is never coming back to Corbin. His next job will be at the College level
2 Corbin will never apologize to him.
And 3. If he were to come back to Corbin, all on the staff that back stabbed him are def out. Mouser would have 0% chance to make the cut.
any interviews or announcement or naming of a coach this week
Mills will be the next coach of Knox once again.
[-] The following 1 user Likes GotYouInMyScope's post:
  • hchs fan
well
Hearing an announcement by the end of the week
well any frontrunner or name
any announcement or naming of a coach