Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
15th Region All-Time Coaches
1 Russell Williamson
2 Bill Mike Runyon
3 Jason Booher
4 John Bill Trivette

Agree or disagree? Add?
“Mike Howard” - Floyd County Superstar, probably.
[-] The following 2 users Like BCF4L's post:
  • P. Fanning, Wasp23
Raymond Justice, Randy McCoy, Junior Newsome and Danny Adams based on the success they had at schools in the 15th Region. I know Danny Adams never lead Magoffin County to a region title, but his teams always played hard and were tough to play. Frankie Francis and Pete Grigsby also had some really good teams during their careers as well.
[-] The following 1 user Likes P. Fanning's post:
  • Blacksmith
Mike
(03-31-2024, 01:26 PM)P. Fanning Wrote: Raymond Justice, Randy McCoy, Junior Newsome and Danny Adams based on the success they had at schools in the 15th Region. I know Danny Adams never lead Magoffin County to a region title, but his teams always played hard and were tough to play. Frankie Francis and Pete Grigsby also had some really good teams during their careers as well.

All those guys deserve a mention. Where could you rank them?
Randy McCoy, Bill Mike Runyon, Then put Raymond Justice and Junior Newsome directly afterwards I think Tommy McKenzie and Elisha Justice are two active Coaches that will be in the convo when they hang it up. Then give it 10 years and throw Mike Howard in
1 Russell Williamson
2 Bill Mike Runyon
3 Jason Booher
4 John Bill Trivette
5. Junior Newsome
6. Pete Grigsby
7. Frankie Francis
8. Randy McCoy
9. Raymond Justice
10. Tommy McKenzie
11. Rodney Rowe
12. Henry Webb-South Floyd basketball struggled until Henry took over, then they started winning titles, including the last Floyd County school to win a 15th Region title to date. After he retired from coaching, South Floyd was never the same. Holbrook had some success the last few years, but Henry Webb really was Raiderball.
13. Danny Adams.
14. Johnny Martin
15. David Rowe.
Denzel Halbert had 528 wins, 3 district titles and a regional title coaching at Martin. 20 times, he had 20+ wins in a season. He also won 250 games as a baseball coach.
(03-31-2024, 06:22 PM)FloydCountySuperstar Wrote: Randy McCoy, Bill Mike Runyon, Then put Raymond Justice and Junior Newsome directly afterwards I think Tommy McKenzie and Elisha Justice are two active Coaches that will be in the convo when they hang it up. Then give it 10 years and throw Mike Howard in

I can't stop laughing at this guy
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • Wasp23
Wendall Wallen
[-] The following 2 users Like Bob Seger's post:
  • Diogenes, jetpilot
(03-31-2024, 11:21 PM)Bob Seger Wrote: Wendall Wallen

Absolutely.
(03-31-2024, 06:22 PM)FloydCountySuperstar Wrote: Randy McCoy, Bill Mike Runyon, Then put Raymond Justice and Junior Newsome directly afterwards I think Tommy McKenzie and Elisha Justice are two active Coaches that will be in the convo when they hang it up. Then give it 10 years and throw Mike Howard in

I love Mike and think he is doing a fine job, but this has to be a parody account at this point lol
[-] The following 2 users Like Colonel4Life1999's post:
  • jetpilot, Wasp23
I will take Bill Mike Runyon for $1000 Alex
(03-31-2024, 06:54 PM)P. Fanning Wrote: 1 Russell Williamson
2 Bill Mike Runyon
3 Jason Booher
4 John Bill Trivette
5. Junior Newsome
6. Pete Grigsby
7. Frankie Francis
8. Randy McCoy
9. Raymond Justice
10. Tommy McKenzie
11. Rodney Rowe
12. Henry Webb-South Floyd basketball struggled until Henry took over, then they started winning titles, including the last Floyd County school to win a 15th Region title to date. After he retired from coaching, South Floyd was never the same. Holbrook had some success the last few years, but Henry Webb really was Raiderball.
13. Danny Adams.
14. Johnny Martin
15. David Rowe.
Tommy McKenzie should be higher. Jason Booher no where near top 10. David Rowe should not be on the list. Raymond Justice needs moved up a couple spots. Just by fact of how far Belfry had fallen since he left.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Truewords's post:
  • BoondockSaint
(04-01-2024, 10:04 AM)Truewords Wrote:
2 Bill Mike Runyon
3 Jason Booher
4 John Bill Trivette
5. Junior Newsome
6. Pete Grigsby
7. Frankie Francis
8. Randy McCoy
9. Raymond Justice
10. Tommy McKenzie
11. Rodney Rowe
13. Danny Adams.
14. Johnny Martin
15. David Rowe.
Tommy McKenzie should be higher. Jason Booher no where near top 10. David Rowe should not be on the list. Raymond Justice needs moved up a couple spots. Just by fact of how far Belfry had fallen since he left.
Won a state championship, Sweet 16 no less.
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • Westside
(04-01-2024, 10:30 AM)jetpilot Wrote:
(04-01-2024, 10:04 AM)Truewords Wrote:
2 Bill Mike Runyon
3 Jason Booher
4 John Bill Trivette
5. Junior Newsome
6. Pete Grigsby
7. Frankie Francis
8. Randy McCoy
9. Raymond Justice
10. Tommy McKenzie
11. Rodney Rowe
13. Danny Adams.
14. Johnny Martin
15. David Rowe.
Won a state championship, Sweet 16 no less.
I’m not saying not be on list just little high.
Jason Booher is a great guy but would probably not be in the Top20
(04-01-2024, 11:28 AM)FloydCountySuperstar Wrote: Jason Booher is a great guy but would probably not be in the Top20

He won a Sweet 16 and 2 All A State Championships. 

That's a crazy statement.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
[-] The following 1 user Likes Spud6's post:
  • jetpilot
(04-01-2024, 12:26 PM)Spud6 Wrote:
(04-01-2024, 11:28 AM)FloydCountySuperstar Wrote: Jason Booher is a great guy but would probably not be in the Top20

What criteria are we using to rank?  He is one of only two coaches in the 15th that has won a sweet 16 championship.  Right?
(04-01-2024, 01:23 PM)Ice61706 Wrote:
(04-01-2024, 12:26 PM)Spud6 Wrote:

What criteria are we using to rank?  He is one of only two coaches in the 15th that has won a sweet 16 championship.  Right?

Yes 

And I don't know that there is any criteria but a guy who wins 3 state championships has to fit the criteria somewhat. Has any coach ever won 3 state titles in basketball from the 15th region?
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Won em with Betsy Layne players.
(04-01-2024, 01:55 PM)FloydCountySuperstar Wrote: Won em with Betsy Layne players.

What are you talking about?
#BBFL
(04-01-2024, 02:07 PM)Spud6 Wrote:
(04-01-2024, 01:55 PM)FloydCountySuperstar Wrote: Won em with Betsy Layne players.

What are you talking about?

Don't you remember when Elisha Justice and Ashley Hatfield played for John M Stumbo up on Mud Creek? Me either. Lol
[-] The following 1 user Likes Colonel4Life1999's post:
  • Spud6
how many 500+ win coaches have we had in the 15th region? Like 3-4?
(04-01-2024, 03:12 PM)Blacksmith Wrote: how many 500+ win coaches have we had in the 15th region? Like 3-4?
I believe 3 coaches 

Bill Mike Runyon Paintsville had 581 wins

Johnny Martin Allen Central/ Sheldon Clark had 538 wins

Russel Williamson Inez High school had 508 wins
Junior Newsome at Betsy Layne has 502
#BBFL
Denzil Halbert had over 500 for Martin.

Craynor Slone had over 500, don’t know how many years he coached at Betsy Layne. As he spent most of his time outside the region.
Belfry been botching basketball since they let Raymond Justice go just one year removed from playing in the Regional Final.
And still nobody brings up Wendall Wallen. You have a guy that has never even won a regional championship in your list, but omit a coach who won 4 of them. (3 with Meade Memorial and 1 with Johnson Central) and is the KHSAA Hall of Fame? Come on.
1. Russell Williamson
2 Bill Mike Runyon
3 Jason Booher
4 John Bill Trivette
5. William Newsome
6. Raymond Justice
7. Tommy Mckenzie
8.Rodney Rowe
9.Danny Adams
10. James Hurley
11. Elisha Justice
12.Eric Ratliff