Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Predictions on Pikeville VS. Newport Central Catholic
Who do you think will win this game between Pikeville and Newport Central Catholic in the Pike County Bowl.
Newport. Unless Pikeville is put through a more rigorous conditioning and practice this summer with the new coach, I think Newport will have the edge.
Well, Pikeville's conditioning will be a lot more tough this season I think, especially if Salyer gets the job...Although they may be more in shape and more physical, they will still have a very tough time beating a very talented NCC team...Too early to tell tho...
Agreed...With only seven days into SPRING practice.....It is WAY too early to tell....Bring it back up in about four or five more months...
All signs point towards a commanding Newport Catholic victory. Pikeville has no chance running with the big boys (Beechwood and Newport Catholic) next season...
Newport Central Catholic
This thread is irrelevant at this point.
Pikeville has no coach nor an offensive or defensive system.
This discussion is just speaking in the wind with absolutely nothing to back up any comments.
Newport has just about everybody back from last year. They split with the state champs, Beechwood. The same Beechwood that could have beaten Pikeville by 50. If Newport is NICE :lol: :lol: :lol: they will only beat Pikeville by 40.

I'd love to see a Pikeville victory, but we're talking about the best Class A team in the state. Newport will compete with the top Class A,AA, and AAA teams in Northern Kentucky.

After Beechwood won the championship, I was talking to a bunch of Beechwood supporters about their chances next year. They all said the same thing about Newport. They all said Newport will be on of the best teams in the state for all classes.
NCC will pound Pikeville next season. The talent level at Pikeville is just not what it used to be 5-20 years ago. The only chance Pikeville has of staying close to NCC is to bring in a very good coach from outside the system. Chad Salyers will not nor should he get the job. If the Pikeville fanbase if happy with district and regional champiobships then give him the job but if they want to build the program up to what it used to be then they must bring in a very good coach from the outside. I love Pikeville football and they will continue to be the powerhouse of Class A football in Eastern Kentucky, but I am not satisfied with just district and regional titles.
You best savor those district and region championships, because that is as far as they will ever go again. Single A teams down state have too much area to bring in talent and ability, Pikeville can't go and get the talent they use to get..Like from Texas. It's a no win situation, however 2A is the opposite because there aren't many 2a schools in Northern Ky, and they can't compete with Beechwood or NCC for players because those teams have more tradition, therefor making single A down state a whole lot stronger. Even though they did a good job recruiting the Honakers at Pikeville, whose to say that they will stay. It been said that HH has been in the parking lot the last two weeks after school talking to the mother. The might be wildcats next year. Even if they are they stay they will never be the caliber of player as their father was