Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who will UK beat this year?
Since we can't be Gardner Webb, and we can't beat Indiana or UAB...who will UK beat this year?

To my knowledge we don't play Pikeville College anymore this year, so it looks like we're in for some trouble.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
San Diego looks like a possible win, but after today, I don't know.
Its going to be along year
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
KENTUCKY WILDCATS
We have a couple cupcakes left at home we'll be able to squeak by. Louisville is just as bad as us right now imo so that will be a good game. The SEC is pretty awful this year so I figure we'll win a few games here and there and finish with a .500 record or so on the season.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ComfortEagle Wrote:Since we can't be Gardner Webb, and we can't beat Indiana or UAB...who will UK beat this year?

To my knowledge we don't play Pikeville College anymore this year, so it looks like we're in for some trouble.

After watching Pikeville play today. I don't know if the Cats can beat them again. They looked pretty good today.
very few games.. I don't believe we will break .500.. thats my opinion
OffTheHook Wrote:After watching Pikeville play today. I don't know if the Cats can beat them again. They looked pretty good today.
Yea Pikeville is doing good now, In the top 25 of NAIA.
Will Jasper be back anytime this year?
They might be able to be Thomas More, but that's a big MIGHT, because Thomas More is 5-3 this year and leading the conference!!!!!
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
Pikeville would wear them out!!!! UK is no longer even a threat. Sad........
Hey I watched louisville today after I got back from the UK game and we might have a shot winning that one.
I don't know. It will be a long and tough season for the cats. But they will be competitors again in the next couple of years.
Here is UK's remaining schedule:

December 18 at Houston
December 22 Tennessee Tech
December 29 San Diego
December 31 Florida International
January 5 Louisville
January 12 Vanderbilt
January 15 at Mississippi State
January 19 at Florida
January 22 Tennessee
January 26 South Carolina
February 2 at Georgia
February 6 at Auburn
February 9 Alabama
February 12 Vanderbilt
February 16 at LSU
February 19 Georgia
February 23 Arkansas
February 27 Mississippi
March 2 at Tennessee
March 5 at South Carolina
March 9 Florida

They still have three cupcakes at home this month, so that should be three wins. Houston will be tough, they are 9-1 but haven't played anybody better than VCU (whom they lost to). Louisville has been as much of a disappointment as Kentucky, and that game is in Rupp, so we should have a good shot at that one, too.

As for conference play, I don't see us beating Tennessee or Vanderbilt either time, and we will likely lose to Arkansas, but all the rest of the SEC games look winnable. Fortunately for UK, the conference is really down this year. I think the Cats will get to 8-8 in the league, giving them anywhere from 11-13 more wins, depending on the Louisville and Houston games. Should be enough to grab an NIT bid.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I think that towards the end of the year we will see a entirely different team that plays as a cohesive team....... That is a predominant problem on the team right now. Two seniors (who are suppose to be leaders) not playing within the unit of a team. By the end of the year Meeks and possibly Jasper will mend a spot missing in our play right now. Ultimately I think this will lead us maybe another 12-14 wins and more importantly give us incite to how the team may function next year.
Never would have thought that having a 4th year senior (Ramel) could possibly hurt the team more than help.
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:I think that towards the end of the year we will see a entirely different team that plays as a cohesive team....... That is a predominant problem on the team right now. Two seniors (who are suppose to be leaders) not playing within the unit of a team. By the end of the year Meeks and possibly Jasper will mend a spot missing in our play right now. Ultimately I think this will lead us maybe another 12-14 wins and more importantly give us incite to how the team may function next year.
Never would have thought that having a 4th year senior (Ramel) could possibly hurt the team more than help.

I hope we do good at the end of the season. It seems that we always do.
December 18 at Houston-- L
December 22 Tennessee Tech-- W
December 29 San Diego-- W
December 31 Florida International-- W
January 5 Louisville-- W
January 12 Vanderbilt-- L
January 15 at Mississippi State-- L
January 19 at Florida-- L
January 22 Tennessee-- L
January 26 South Carolina-- W
February 2 at Georgia-- W
February 6 at Auburn-- W
February 9 Alabama-- W
February 12 Vanderbilt-- L
February 16 at LSU-- W
February 19 Georgia-- W
February 23 Arkansas-- L
February 27 Mississippi-- W
March 2 at Tennessee-- L
March 5 at South Carolina-- W
March 9 Florida-- L

IMO, the Cats will finish 16-13 to finish the regular season.
Can Houston beat UK?
RavenBoy Wrote:Can Houston beat UK?

At this point, in my mind, it wouldn't be a stretch.
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
lol I dont see it happening though but anything is possible

If Gardner-Webb can beat UK, I don't think you can assume any game is a definite win for the Cats.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:If Gardner-Webb can beat UK, I don't think you can assume any game is a definite win for the Cats.

Exactly!~ No game this year will be a gimme game. Not even lowly Georgia. I think that we will snag Houston and Louisville. Loss to Vandy and Flordia at least once and Tennessee twice and a couple losses with the western teams from the SEC. Probably Arkansas and Mississippi St.
I think the Cats will win 6 or 7 more games, if their lucky.

Houston is 10-1.... I think.
I looked at their schedule and it looked like they played Morehead 10 times.
I think the question that should be asked is Will UK Make it to March Maddness?
Hornet Nation Wrote:I think the question that should be asked is Will UK Make it to March Maddness?

Which type of March madness.... The emotional, amazing tourney that is always a blast to watch. or the "hey our year sucked but we can still play a few more disheartening games" tourney (NIT).
They might win the SEC Tourny
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:Which type of March madness.... The emotional, amazing tourney that is always a blast to watch. or the "hey our year sucked but we can still play a few more disheartening games" tourney (NIT).

the way it looks we wont win enough games to get to the NIT
RavenBoy Wrote:They might win the SEC Tourny

I would love to see that, hopefully when Jasper comes backs it will light a spark in them and they can win but i don't see it
RavenBoy Wrote:They might win the SEC Tourny

Almost laughable if I knew you were serious.Sad