Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kentucky’s Next Coach, if Cal is out?
If you don’t get Steven’s, Donovan, or Wright, then you hire a nobody for a couple of years until you can get one that deserves the spot.
I don’t care if they’re Gillespie bad because Cal won’t win regardless.

Either way, Cal has to go now.
[-] The following 1 user Likes RunItUpTheGut's post:
  • jetpilot
Just to show how hard it is to take on the monster at Kentucky people can only throw out about 5 names with none being that great haha. We might be screwed lol. It’s almost a no win situation for anyone and we’ve created this monster. Don’t he surprised if people pass on us as well
(03-24-2024, 05:17 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(03-24-2024, 01:36 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
(03-24-2024, 01:34 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(03-24-2024, 01:29 PM)jetpilot Wrote: People saying we better keep Cal or things might get worse will probably be the dumbest people you encounter in 2024.

Things will MOST DEFINITELY get worse, at least in the immediate time frame. We have the #2 class in the nation coming in and possibly a few guys from this year who might stick around if Cal does. The cupboard is bare if Cal goes. To think otherwise is dumb, even for team MAGA Cal haters.

This is what mental illness looks like.

I couldn't agree more. It's the sickest cult of people I've witnessed in over 50 years. Just a sick, sick bunch of democracy haters, especially the evangelical wing of the cult. Read the  book by life-long evangelical, Tim Alberta,  and what the MAGA evangelicals did and said to him at the funeral of his father. Truly frightening and sick people. 

Speaking of someone who is not frightening, nor sick, I hope UK does the right thing for the basketball team next season and brings back John Legend and  gives  the guys who return and the guys who are coming in a chance to make things right. Without Cal, there will be a mass exodus of talent and a battle with Vandy for the SEC bottom. Are you folks ready to be bottom feeding?

I meant you. You belong in a rubber room and you put it on full display every day for all to see.

And John Blowhard has been embarrassing our program for years now and that's also out there for all to see.
(03-24-2024, 07:18 PM)RunItUpTheGut Wrote: If you don’t get Steven’s, Donovan, or Wright, then you hire a nobody for a couple of years until you can get one that deserves the spot.
I don’t care if they’re Gillespie bad because Cal won’t win regardless.

Either way, Cal has to go now.

I wonder if Donovan would come to Kentucky?
He's been offered the position many times, and never even considered it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Granny Bear's post:
  • Cactus Jack
(03-25-2024, 12:59 PM)Granny Bear Wrote: He's been offered the position many times, and never even considered it.

He was only offered while he was head coach of Florida?
(03-25-2024, 12:57 PM)pjdoug Wrote: I wonder if Donovan would come to Kentucky?

No. Not unless he's fired by the Bulls. He just received an extension from them two years ago and is on track for the play-in tournament this season. Even if he's fired, indications are that he'd remain in the pro game. Even if it is him, Kentucky likely has to wait with all of it's eggs in that basket until at least late April.

As for Jay Wright: why would he want to come to Kentucky? He's getting paid to sit in a studio and he's already turned Kentucky down at least twice. Unless he just wants the money (which he could get at other places as well) then he has everything to lose and nothing to gain. Why take a chance on tarnishing his legacy by going to Kentucky (win the transfer portal and NIL era) and take the risk that he doesn't win it all?
Former Gonzaga assistant and current Arizona head coach Tommy Lloyd is a name I'm starting to see surface in more articles.

High win percentage and a Sweet 16 in 2022, but was bounced early by a 15 seed last year. Currently coaching in the Sweet 16 and should remain favored to oust Clemson (in Los Angeles) through the tip. If he advances there, he's a win against North Carolina or Alabama away from a Final Four roughly 115 miles from his campus in Phoenix.

He was in Spokane for 22 years before heading to Tucson, so the obvious questions would be whether there's enough of a sample size with him running his own program and whether he's too much of a West Coast guy (though one of his calling cards is his ability to recruit internationally, particularly in Europe).

Arizona recently extended him through the 2029 season, and he's set to make between $5-$6 million per year.
(03-25-2024, 07:56 PM)Cactus Jack Wrote: Former Gonzaga assistant and current Arizona head coach Tommy Lloyd is a name I'm starting to see surface in more articles.

High win percentage and a Sweet 16 in 2022, but was bounced early by a 15 seed last year. Currently coaching in the Sweet 16 and should remain favored to oust Clemson (in Los Angeles) through the tip. If he advances there, he's a win against North Carolina or Alabama away from a Final Four roughly 115 miles from his campus in Phoenix.

He was in Spokane for 22 years before heading to Tucson, so the obvious questions would be whether there's enough of a sample size with him running his own program and whether he's too much of a West Coast guy (though one of his calling cards is his ability to recruit internationally, particularly in Europe).

Arizona recently extended him through the 2029 season, and he's set to make between $5-$6 million per year.

https://www.si.com/college/2024/01/20/ja...basketball
(03-24-2024, 06:59 PM)pjdoug Wrote:
(03-24-2024, 01:34 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(03-24-2024, 01:29 PM)jetpilot Wrote: People saying we better keep Cal or things might get worse will probably be the dumbest people you encounter in 2024.

Things will MOST DEFINITELY get worse, at least in the immediate time frame. We have the #2 class in the nation coming in and possibly a few guys from this year who might stick around if Cal does. The cupboard is bare if Cal goes. To think otherwise is dumb, even for team MAGA Cal haters.

I couldn't agree more. It's the sickest cult of people I've witnessed in over 50 years. Just a sick, sick bunch of democracy haters, especially the evangelical wing of the cult. Read the  book by life-long evangelical, Tim Alberta,  and what the MAGA evangelicals did and said to him at the funeral of his father. Truly frightening and sick people. 

Speaking of someone who is not frightening, nor sick, I hope UK does the right thing for the basketball team next season and brings back John Legend and  gives  the guys who return and the guys who are coming in a chance to make things right. Without Cal, there will be a mass exodus of talent and a battle with Vandy for the SEC bottom. Are you folks ready to be bottom feeding?

Talent is a waste with no coach. Same way Corbin wastes all the Whitley County talent.
I know this off subject, After watching Tony coach this year, he’s not even top 5 coaches in the region anymore. If some of the rumors I here are true. He might have coached his last game at Corbin
(03-25-2024, 09:41 PM)insideinfo Wrote:
(03-24-2024, 06:59 PM)pjdoug Wrote:
(03-24-2024, 01:34 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: Things will MOST DEFINITELY get worse, at least in the immediate time frame. We have the #2 class in the nation coming in and possibly a few guys from this year who might stick around if Cal does. The cupboard is bare if Cal goes. To think otherwise is dumb, even for team MAGA Cal haters.

Talent is a waste with no coach. Same way Corbin wastes all the Whitley County talent.
I know this off subject, After watching Tony coach this year, he’s not even top 5 coaches in the region anymore. If some of the rumors I here are true. He might have coached his last game at Corbin
Rumors, Schmumors... Tony P. will be back.  Listen to Old School, not rumors. Tony gets his 500th win next season. Cal will have over 880 . You keep racking up losses.
Matt Jones of KSR just posted on Twitter thst the Cal/Barnhart meeting just ended and Cal will be the head coach next year.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
(03-26-2024, 08:31 PM)Spud6 Wrote: Matt Jones of KSR just posted on Twitter thst the Cal/Barnhart meeting just ended and Cal will be the head coach next year.

anxious to see what the details are. Hopefully Mitch put the pressure on him. Get Payne and Robic back. SEC tournament title and a deep run in the NCAA tournament. 

hell it’s Mitch Barnhart so who knows. Probably gave Cal another lifetime deal.
Doubtful that we'll ever be privy to all the details.

Maybe there are some things that seem apparent based on what's been reported or details leak out in the years that follow an ugly separation, but I don't think we ever get the full story.

If we soon learn that there are changes to the staff or see more key returnees than normal, then maybe there's something to it.

I don't know that getting older players who don't firmly project higher than a second round pick, the G Leauge, or Europe is really a departure from what we were already getting with the likes of Sarr, Mitchell, Travis, Reeves, Wheeler, or Frederick.

As far as changes and the portal go, I'll probably be on the fence unless there are multiple additions that push highly rated recruits out of major minutes.
With Calipari and Barnhart literally making it a point to talk about leaving the program in good shape for the next person, I wouldn't doubt that both spend next year looking-- Calipari for a new job and Mitch for a new coach or even a new job for himself as well.

I'd think a plan is already in place, but it will be accelerated if things get off to a rough start.

I can't see any way that the school hasn't already started putting out feelers at the very least.