Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Harlan County vs. Evangel Christian Predictions
Thoughts and predictions here?

I'm a big fan of Evangel's Isaiah Chitapa. He might not be their leading scorer, but I don't think that they're the same team without him and could see him wreaking havoc defensively and on the glass. Doerr and Tilley will need to shoot the ball well. Will be interesting to see how well Evangel responds early on-- they're coming off a late game tonight and had a very tough opponent in Trinity. A few hours might not seem like a big deal, but I'm a big believer in the rest and recovery process, especially for a team that had a lot of kids cramping. Eagles will need to stay out of foul trouble, especially when it comes to putting Huff or Noah on the line and letting them see the ball go through the net.

For Harlan County, I think it goes without saying that Noah and Huff will need to bring their A-games. If Huff is taking good shots and gets hot, it brings another dimension. The supporting cast will need to give the Bears some help and limit mistakes and mental errors if they want to come out victorious, but it isn't impossible. 

I suspect that this will be Noah's toughest test when it comes to getting clean looks, possibly even if Black Bears were to move on and face Great Crossing. I thought Warren Central had some good defenders but suspect that Evangel is going to play more man across the board and are physically able to play it a bit more aggressively than the Dragons. Not trying to knock Campbell County's kids, because they had some very, very skilled players, but their game was much more finesse and they weren't what I'd call an overly physical team, especially when compared to some rough mountain kids.

If the Black Bears can take care of the basketball and keep it close, I'd have to imagine that the crowd will really be getting behind them, which can be a very big deal in a Sweet 16 game.
Trent Noah is going to have to have another big game for them to win this one. Hope he goes for 40 again!
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Well you can check off the fan support for this game. Most of Harlan County will be there, loud and proud. Some of the fans who also are involved in football, wanted to bring their cow bells. I discouraged them. Smile If I was healthy enough to be there, I'd sneak in an air horn. I would also get tossed the first time I used it, but can you imagine the bragging rights I'd own? Thrown out of Rupp Arena!!! (sigh)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Granny Bear's post:
  • SomeBunnyFan_10
You can watch this game and the other game for $14.95 on PrepSpin.com
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL