Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sacred Heart 60 McCracken County 49 (KHSAA Girls' Sweet 16® Finals)
Final.  They have won now 4 in a row and now 2 straight seasons without losing to a instate opponent. 
Why should they lose? They only buy the best.
[-] The following 2 users Like DukeBoy's post:
  • Diogenes, RunItUpTheGut
(03-16-2024, 11:00 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: Why should they lose? They only buy the best.

I agree but they are not the only private school in the state. I think it is still impressive all private schools do it to some extent and even them before this 4 year run their last state title was way back in 2004.
Zykyra Johnson player for SH from Shelby County is a phenomenal player. My guess is UConn, South Carolina, LSU and all the big traditional programs are heavily recruiting her. She a junior this year.
Privates have won 13 of 23 championships since 2000.
2020 was canceled due to Covid.
Is Sacred Heart one of these schools that house students on campus too?
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
(03-17-2024, 02:38 AM)Spud6 Wrote: Is Sacred Heart one of these schools that house students on campus too?

I'm not 100% sure but I believe so.
Why public schools put up with letting privates play blows my mind.
They dominate pretty much all female sports. A public school has never won a volleyball title in this state….and softball is the same as basketball.
(03-17-2024, 02:38 AM)Spud6 Wrote: Is Sacred Heart one of these schools that house students on campus too?
I do not think so. What schools in KY have on campus student housing?
(03-17-2024, 03:33 PM)IAM22 Wrote:
I do not think so. What schools in KY have on campus student housing?
Oneida Baptist Institute in Clay County has a nice campus and dorms. They’ve had student housing as far back as I can remember.
(03-16-2024, 11:21 PM)16BBall Fan Wrote:
(03-16-2024, 11:00 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: Why should they lose?  They only buy the best.

I agree but they are not the only private school in the state. I think it is still impressive all private schools do it to some extent and even them before this 4 year run their last state title was way back in 2004.
You agree that “they only buy the best”? Last time I check Douglass gets away with more things now a days than the privates schools. Lol.. Regardless recruiting happens everywhere. I mean no one bats an eye with Boyle Co. winning 3-4 state in a row, Belfry, Beechwood, FT Highlands all have won numerous championships in a row and all are public schools, but when private school(s) win, they cheat, they recruit and pay for the best! C’mon.
(03-18-2024, 05:01 PM)Cafe Mocha Wrote:
(03-16-2024, 11:21 PM)16BBall Fan Wrote:
(03-16-2024, 11:00 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: Why should they lose?  They only buy the best.

You agree that “they only buy the best”? Last time I check Douglass gets away with more things now a days than the privates schools. Lol.. Regardless recruiting happens everywhere. I mean no one bats an eye with Boyle Co. winning 3-4 state in a row, Belfry, Beechwood, FT Highlands all have won numerous championships in a row and all are public schools, but when private school(s) win, they cheat, they recruit and pay for the best! C’mon.

I had no problem at all with their win my point was other private schools have not had this success and was just giving Sacred Heart their credit. I am sure as you stated all of the schools hear it all the time, but when a program works hard and had success there are parents that have talented kids, and they have the means to move their kids to one of these schools that are successful do what is best for their kids. The people that complain are the schools these kids don't attend or leave their school to go to one of these top-notch programs.