Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin vs. Harlan Co. (13th Region Final) Thoughts/Predictions
Question 
Now that the also-rans like Clay , the Laurels, and Knox  are out of the way, it's time for some big boy basketball . The 13th region's two best clash tonight at the Arena for all the marbles. What are your thoughts/ predictions?

These are the two that I, and most region observers , expected it to come down to at the season's beginning.  Tonight's the night. Thank you, Rod Stewart.

(03-11-2024, 11:39 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: Now that the also-rans like Clay , the Laurels, and Knox  are out of the way, it's time for some big boy basketball . The 13th region's two best clash tonight at the Arena for all the marbles. What are your thoughts/ predictions?

These are the two that I, and most region observers , expected it to come down to at the season's beginning.  Tonight's the night. Thank you, Rod Stewart.

The 2 best is far from the truth.  Maybe the best out of both sides of the bracket considering Corbin had a cake walk but still needed the officials help to beat Knox, but saying the 2 best teams in the region I disagree.  If the refs don't help Corbin tonight then it will be a 15-20 point loss.
(03-11-2024, 01:57 PM)cchsfan4life Wrote:
(03-11-2024, 11:39 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: Now that the also-rans like Clay , the Laurels, and Knox  are out of the way, it's time for some big boy basketball . The 13th region's two best clash tonight at the Arena for all the marbles. What are your thoughts/ predictions?

The 2 best is far from the truth.  Maybe the best out of both sides of the bracket considering Corbin had a cake walk but still needed the officials help to beat Knox, but saying the 2 best teams in the region I disagree.  If the refs don't help Corbin tonight then it will be a 15-20 point loss.
Typical Clay County nonsense.  Why in the holy hell would referees want to help Corbin?  That defies logic, something Manchesterites  seem to lack. I do agree with you about one thing. I think the Bears win by double digits.
Oh come on OSH.  Even you should know that Corbin cake walked to the finals.  And the table is always set for Corbin at the Arena.
You have to be a double digit favorite just to have a chance at winning there, when you play Corbin.  Now, let's look at the HC/Clay game.  You had talent, grit, fights, take downs AND the coaches had to be separated.  Sounds like a hillbilly throw down to me!!!!
I think Corbin will need to play as well as I've seen them look this season if they hope to win. They do have an advantage in it essentially being a home game and having an easier path to the final.

Corbin needs to shoot well... the past two seasons, I've thought they were vulnerable if you can control the middle third of the floor and make non-shooters take lower percentage looks.

I think they probably rotate a lot of bodies on Noah, but when Pietrowski is (primarily) on him, he'll have to stay out of foul trouble.

I think Noah gets his regardless, and most opposing coaches (at least ones with talent and teams like you'll see in the 13th) seemed to look to try to really limit Huff or attack and limit their supporting cast.

Don't think Huff was at his best in the early portion of the Clay County game, but he hit some huge shots late-- if he's shooting well and playing with confidence, Harlan County is on another level offensively.

Corbin may keep it close, but I think that the sting of last year's upset is still too fresh for Harlan County to let this one slip away.