Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
16th Region Semi-Final Rowan Co. vs Boyd Co.
Boyd won the 2 games during the regular season.  

Thoughts?
Gonna be closer than what most think. East Carter gave Boyd a run for their money in the first round.
Nothing would totally surprise me in the 16th. The two underdogs have coaches that have been to Rupp before and know what it takes. Boyd County may have a mental block when it comes to beating Ashland. The Tomcats are probably the favorites, but that comes with pressure.

Rowan County has lost games, but most look to be ones that you could probably explain away as "not so bad". Close road losses to GRC, Christian Co., and Mason County early, then some out-of-state and in-region. Their worst two margins were to Boyd County, who'll now try to beat them for a third time.

Live by the three, die by the three. Big arenas with longer floors and less sterile, unfamiliar shooting backgrounds have swallowed up more than one or two teams who heavily rely on jumpers and don't have tons of size and length.

I'd think Boyd is favored and probably takes this one after a not-so-great showing in their opener, but again, nothing in the 16th would really shock me from this point on.