Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Perry County Central vs. Breathitt County (14th Region Championship)
Thoughts and predictions?
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Breathitt will embarrassed Perry again! Breathitt has to much talent for Perry to overcome.
Will be a good game. 5 points either way. Not sure Perry can rebound with Breathitt , but if they do. They can win. Perry is just undersized , they could use another kid to play in the paint with slone and castle. Just my opinion. But let’s hope we can pull this out. Go Dores!
Perry couldn’t beat Breathitt 1 out of 10 times. Perry is pitiful!
Gladiator you are a fool that’s hoping breathitt is on this site reading your comments. You are praying breathitt over looks Perry. Pcc is a different ball club as they have picked up their defensive tenacity tremendously. Stay focused bobcats and get back to rupp. Gladiator you are a clown.
(03-10-2024, 02:28 PM)Mountainparkway Wrote: Gladiator you are a fool that’s hoping breathitt is on this site reading your comments. You are praying breathitt over looks Perry. Pcc is a different ball club as they have picked up their defensive tenacity tremendously. Stay focused bobcats and get back to rupp. Gladiator you are a clown.
Through the looking glass! I never thought I’d support or agree with parkway but he’s spot on here. Gladiator is no Breathitt fan and just tries to foment controversy. I think it will be a good, close game Monday. Coach has done an excellent job this year. His kids are attentive during the game and work well together. Parents and community have been nothing but supportive. In what many of us thought would be a year of regrouping, Breathitt is playing for a regional title.
(03-10-2024, 02:28 PM)Mountainparkway Wrote: Gladiator you are a fool that’s hoping breathitt is on this site reading your comments. You are praying breathitt over looks Perry. Pcc is a different ball club as they have picked up their defensive tenacity tremendously. Stay focused bobcats and get back to rupp. Gladiator you are a clown.
Parkway you are the fool. Who would overlook anyone at this stage you fool. Perry is a joke and you and everyone else knows it. Breathitt coach is pitfall but Breathitt will destroy Perry you clown.

(03-10-2024, 02:40 PM)Gladiator Man Wrote:
Parkway you are the fool. Who would overlook anyone at this stage you fool. Perry is a joke and you and everyone else knows it. Breathitt coach is pitfall but Breathitt will destroy Perry you clown.
 Parkway No one On this site or at home cares or gives a — — — — what you think or say anyway you FOOL.

Breathitt wins running away. Perry would be better off to stay home!
I think it will be a good game mist have been an pcc will put up a fight but breathitt has it gross an Terry will be more then castle can handle an they don't have the shooting ability of Bellamy sperry an hamilton! Thank you jet fighter for joining another pcc thread insinuating all pcc needs is noah kilburn lol shame he didn't play sperry would score 40 on him an not break a sweat!
(03-10-2024, 02:58 PM)Bigbluewarehouse Wrote: I think it will be a good game mist have been an pcc will put up a fight but breathitt has it gross an Terry will be more then castle can handle an they don't have the shooting ability of Bellamy sperry an hamilton! Thank you jet fighter for joining another pcc thread insinuating all pcc needs is noah kilburn lol shame he didn't play sperry would score 40 on him a not break a sweat!
I didn’t mention any names. Just spoke my opinion, Breathitt has more size, slone and castle may be enough inside to keep Perry close, but in my opinion, they need one more big kid , if they had that they would be favored in this game.   But I think it’s gonna be a 5 point game either way.
(03-10-2024, 04:17 PM)Jet fighter Wrote:
(03-10-2024, 02:58 PM)Bigbluewarehouse Wrote: I think it will be a good game mist have been an pcc will put up a fight but breathitt has it gross an Terry will be more then castle can handle an they don't have the shooting ability of Bellamy sperry an hamilton! Thank you jet fighter for joining another pcc thread insinuating all pcc needs is noah kilburn lol shame he didn't play sperry would score 40 on him a not break a sweat!
I didn’t mention any names. Just spoke my opinion, Breathitt has more size, slone and castle may be enough inside to keep Perry close, but in my opinion, they need one more big kid , if they had that they would be favored in this game.   But I think it’s gonna be a 5 point game either way.
Jet fighter you didn't have to say his name we all know who you meant I for one hope he plays for leslie so we can see if the hype your trying to promote is real!
Shannon Hoskins is probably one of the best post season coaches around and better not be overlooked. I don’t think Perry went to their bench one time after Landon Miller had back to back turnovers right before halftime of Knott game. Breathitt didn’t use their bench much either against Hazard. Perry has some young talent, but none with a lot of varsity experience, same as Breathitt. Keeping their 5 best players on the floor will be crucial for both teams. I don’t think the first game they played this season will be any indication of how this game will play out. Go Dores!!!
I try to stay out of the admin business these days, but if you guys can't go without personally insulting each other I'll make sure you don't post anything else until after the state tournament.
[-] The following 2 users Like zaga_fan's post:
  • mandan, P. Fanning
Perry is not the same ball club the cats saw in the season. They were shook from the loss of Beverly and have just now found their new identity. That being said, Breathitt has found a new gear in unity. It should be a slobber knocker. Hoskins will have the Dore’s ready but I’m gonna take bobcats by 12. Go Bobcats!!
(03-10-2024, 07:26 PM)Badger Wrote: Perry is not the same ball club the cats saw in the season. They were shook from the loss of Beverly and have just now found their new identity. That being said, Breathitt has found a new gear in unity. It should be a slobber knocker. Hoskins will have the Dore’s ready but I’m gonna take bobcats by 12. Go Bobcats!!
12 isn’t hardly a slobber knocker lol.  You are right though about Perry not being the same as the first game, and I’ll say it again, Breathitt s advantage is size, hopefully we can rebound and limit Breathitt shot attempts , if we had one more big , we’d be dangerous. Gonna say Breathitt by 4 and hope I’m wrong.   Go Dores.
Thoughts from a (self-proclaimed) reasonable 14th Region enjoyer...

Breathitt won the last game by 15 but there were a few things to note.
- Perry was playing their third game in four days following their trip down to Tampa Bay
- Rydge Beverly has just quit the team and Perry was dealing with that
- Career nights for Canaan Gross (20 points - career high) and Jaxon Hamilton (20 points - only scored 20 or more one other time - 23 pts vs Betsy Layne Feb 22, 2024)
- Braxton Terry did not play for Breathitt

I mention the big nights from Gross and Hamilton just to say it was a truly exceptional night of basketball for Breathitt. Hamilton has had 18 or 19 points multiple times this season and Gross has had a few big games too. But if Sperry puts in 25 again and Gross and Hamilton put in 20 each then just go ahead and chalk this one up for another double-digit win for the Bobcats.

I think this one is going to be a much tighter affair, especially considering how Hazard beat Perry similarly 3 nights earlier and played them within a possession or two in the next two contests. If you look at how these teams are playing right now, both of them are playing similarly against the best competition around here. In the last two regular season games against Hazard both of these teams went 0-2 and lost a game to Estill down the stretch. Perry played Hazard tighter in those regular season games than Breathitt and the Bobcats played Estill closer than Perry. Breathitt stepped up in the postseason and gutted wins out against both those teams, so they have elevated their play. Perry also stepped up and had an impressive showing against Knott Central until things got squirrelly in the last three minutes or so. 

I write that wall of text just to say I don't see how we don't get another classic one between these two. We're due for a good one. Perry ended up running away with the semis matchup two years ago and Breathitt ran away with the championship game last year. I think this one will be a banger. See you guys in Stanton tomorrow.
[-] The following 1 user Likes zaga_fan's post:
  • BlackHawk
Breathitt boys had better be ready for a war. I’m going with the Bobcats in a close one
Breathitt by 6. Terry will be the difference maker
Breathitt by 13.
Perry pulls this one out. The turmoil is over and they haven’t found their identity. Cats getting dropped off at the pound tonight. Season over.
What time does Hazard and Knott play tonight?
(03-11-2024, 09:02 AM)BlackHawk Wrote: What time does Hazard and Knott play tonight?
That assistant coach from Knott was posting fuel tanks every time someone ranked a team ahead of Knott,  they must have ran out of fuel lol
[-] The following 1 user Likes Night Train's post:
  • BlackHawk
(03-11-2024, 09:31 AM)Night Train Wrote:
(03-11-2024, 09:02 AM)BlackHawk Wrote: What time does Hazard and Knott play tonight?
That assistant coach from Knott was posting fuel tanks every time someone ranked a team ahead of Knott,  they must have ran out of fuel lol
Gas high these days, lol. Trump ‘24
[-] The following 2 users Like Badger's post:
  • BlackHawk, Night Train
Kind of stopped paying much attention to them when they hit a skid (at least by their standards), but can see a world where an underdog Perry County Central team is much more dangerous to a Breathitt County team that has only done it once than casuals may think.

PCC had greater leads in the Knott County Central game than the final score might have indicated. They've also essentially been written off and can play like they have nothing to lose.

For a team that only has one senior, that can be a dangerous proposition, as younger teams typically take a bit longer to find their identity and develop over the course of the season, especially if there's roster turnover.

If Perry were to pull it off, it wouldn't be the first time that the team that everyone thought was a year away got ahead of schedule. Remember this: younger teams don't always go out and perform based on what everyone else expects them to do.

I think Breathitt County would be favored given their body of work, previous head-to-head victory, and having the best player on the floor, but this has the potential to be a very close, low-scoring, back and forth game.

As long as Perry doesn't get down big early and can weather the first one or two Bobcat runs, it's anyone's game.