Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Martin County vs. Magoffin County 3/11 (15th Region Championship)
Thoughts and predictions?
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Martin Co has already beat them 3 times this year. Can they do it a 4th time? I’m not sure. They’ve got the better team, Magoffin has the best player. Should be a great game an great environment. Both of these teams have had great crowds at the expo. 

Martin by 5 but could go either way.
Hard to beat a good team 4 times
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
[-] The following 1 user Likes Spud6's post:
  • Card2000
(03-10-2024, 02:14 PM)Spud6 Wrote: Hard to beat a good team 4 times
Very true. The silver lining is if MC doesn’t pull out the win, I’m excited for the hornets to represent our region.  Has magoffin ever won a regional title?
I expect to hear Darryl saying “Siiiiiinks It” & Boo-Yah” plenty of times in this one. Should be a good one. But in the end, I think we will hear “Oh Hale Yeah” too many times for Magoffin County to have a chance. I say Martin County by at least 5 points. But honestly, I’ll be happy with either of these two teams earning a trip to State.
(03-10-2024, 02:14 PM)Spud6 Wrote: Hard to beat a good team 4 times
Very true. The silver lining is if MC doesn’t pull out the win, I’m excited for the hornets to represent our region.  Has magoffin ever won a regional title?
What time is the game?
Game time is 7 PM.

I don't think Magoffin County High School has ever won a region title in boys basketball.
Magoffin doesn’t handle pressure well and their defense isn’t good enough to beat Martin County. Martin will get the ball out of Barnett’s hands and make this one look easy if they show up and play as hard as they did last night.
(03-10-2024, 11:02 PM)Belichick Wrote: Magoffin doesn’t handle pressure well and their defense isn’t good enough to beat Martin County.  Martin will get the ball out of Barnett’s hands and make this one look easy if they show up and play as hard as they did last night.
They’ve played 3 times this season, with Martin County winning all 3. In those 3 losses, Barnett is averaging 35.6 ppg against them. They very well may shut him down this time, but I look for others to step it up this go round. Magoffin is gonna have to come out and play the entire game like they did the first half against Johnson Central. One thing that Magoffin cannot do is let Luke Hale get going. They’re gonna have to figure something out to slow him down. Magoffin can beat Martin County, but they’re gonna have to play one of their best performances on BOTH ends of the floor. I sure hope the refs let the kids play in this one.
Notre Dame Football…GO IRISH
(03-10-2024, 11:14 PM)Redneck Wrote:
(03-10-2024, 11:02 PM)Belichick Wrote: Magoffin doesn’t handle pressure well and their defense isn’t good enough to beat Martin County.  Martin will get the ball out of Barnett’s hands and make this one look easy if they show up and play as hard as they did last night.
They’ve played 3 times this season, with Martin County winning all 3. In those 3 losses, Barnett is averaging 35.6 ppg against them. They very well may shut him down this time, but I look for others to step it up this go round. Magoffin is gonna have to come out and play the entire game like they did the first half against Johnson Central. One thing that Magoffin cannot do is let Luke Hale get going. They’re gonna have to figure something out to slow him down. Magoffin can beat Martin County, but they’re gonna have to play one of their best performances on BOTH ends of the floor. I sure hope the refs let the kids play in this one.
Regular season doesn’t mean anything this time of year. I honestly don’t care if Magoffin had beaten Martin all 3 games. Once you get to this point, it’s different. If Martin County watches film, blueprint is there to get the ball out of Barnett’s hands. I think their staff will know how and they have the talent to do it. If they let them play, it benefits Martin County who is bigger and stronger except for Barnett. Barnett tends to take defensive possessions off. Martin will exploit that. Like I said, I’ve seen Martin lay some eggs and they may have been laser focused on Pikeville just to relax tonight. But if they show up prepared and play aggressive, nothing Magoffin can do to win that game. I am rooting for them to do it just because they haven’t been before but Martin has a special senior group.
In a one off game like this you never know what may happen. Barnett may score 40 or Hale may score 40. Magoffin will have to stay out of foul trouble because they have no depth.