Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kentucky 85 Tennessee 81
Final. What a game! The Cats played awesome except for about a minute and a half. I loved how hard they played and battled. The closed-out SEC league play winning 8 or their last 9 conference game.
[-] The following 1 user Likes 16BBall Fan's post:
  • jetpilot
HUGE!!! Didn't think they would get this one.
Between having HC/Clay on my laptop and UK/UT on the TV, I am DONE!!!!
Never thought UK would pull this out, but they started this game with a chip on their shoulder and finally played some physical defense!! UT's shooting slump gave them a boost, and they took full advantage.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Granny Bear's post:
  • jetpilot
Nobody wants Kentucky right now. Nothing from Wagner Z and Mitchell again. If they ever get going...
In other news my "gaming" account went from $1490 to $2225 today. Withdrawing $1725 and seeing what else I can do with $500 in the postseason lol...
This was one of the most intense regular season games I can remember in a long time. I know we had a few bobbles late, but those can be fixed. And it looks like we are a two-seed now in the SEC tourney. Even though we are giving up points, and Knecht is a guy who is gonna get his, I love the way we are fighting on defense. Gives me hope for the postseason.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Van Hagar's post:
  • jetpilot
(03-09-2024, 08:50 PM)Granny Bear Wrote: Between having HC/Clay on my laptop and UK/UT on the TV, I am DONE!!!!
Never thought UK would pull this out, but they started this game with a chip on their shoulder and finally played some physical defense!!  UT's shooting slump gave them a boost, and they took full advantage.

I had Pikeville girls winning the region and UK/TN and still have Pikeville boys starting in a minute in the region semifinals. Great day of basketball.
[-] The following 3 users Like jetpilot's post:
  • 16BBall Fan, Granny Bear, Old School Hound
(03-09-2024, 08:53 PM)Van Hagar Wrote: This was one of the most intense regular season games I can remember in a long time. I know we had a few bobbles late, but those can be fixed. And it looks like we are a two-seed now in the SEC tourney. Even though we are giving up points, and Knecht is a guy who is gonna get his, I love the way we are fighting on defense. Gives me hope for the postseason.

Yes! I believe the Cats haven't played their best basketball yet.
Matt Jones
@KySportsRadio
Kentucky +9.5 was the freest money of all time
6:34 PM · Mar 9, 2024
·
Views
(03-09-2024, 09:03 PM)jetpilot Wrote: Matt Jones
@KySportsRadio
Kentucky +9.5 was the freest money of all time
6:34 PM · Mar 9, 2024
·
Views
Good thing I'm not a gambler.  I had a feeling UT would dominate today. Felt it would just be one of those days. Glad I was wrong.

(03-09-2024, 08:51 PM)jetpilot Wrote: Nobody wants Kentucky right now. Nothing from Wagner Z and Mitchell again. If they ever get going...
In other news my "gaming" account went from $1490 to $2225 today. Withdrawing $1725 and seeing what else I can do with $500 in the postseason lol...

I agree. I don't think anyone wants to see KY in their bracket.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • jetpilot
Chew on these stats:

Kentucky's four BIGS combined for   0     points   and the Cats led by double digits in the last two minutes.

Kentucky made more 3- point FGs  than 2-pointers.   27 made FGs -  15 from long-distance.

The R & R boys-Reed and Reeves led the team in scoring AND rebounding - 27 pts apiece and 7 boards each.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • rookie57
Looks like Reed might have had 6 boards instead of 7.

Four UK players- Reed, Reeves, Edwards, and Dilly- combined for 81 of the team's 85 points.
Awesome to beat the VOLS AT TENNESSEE! And really had them by 11 with under a minute and didn’t close it out well. Asking for a friend,,, WHAT OZONE IS MITCHELL IN?
Yeah, I agree. He sure hasn’t seemed the same since he came back. Right now, he’s adding close to nothing when he’s on the floor, taking bad shots, seems lost out there. We have shown we can get by without him, but it would sure be nice to get the Mitchell we saw in the first half of the season back.
If Edwards can continue to give us these numbers he’s been giving in big games we could make a huge run. But our bigs gotta start producing consistently. The only thing the bigs did tonight was Onyenso had 4-5 blocks
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
I gotta think that right now the two teams no other team wants to see in their bracket on Selection Sunday are Houston (the best team in the country) and UK (the most dangerous.)
Keeping it in the Family---

Cal keeps doing what Cal does. Carter Knox, brother of former Cat, Kevin Knox, commits to UK about thirty minutes after the Cats win in Knoxville. Cats with the #2 recruiting class in the nation.

#WeAreKentucky
(03-10-2024, 11:51 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: Keeping it in the Family---

Cal keeps doing what Cal does. Carter Knox, brother of former Cat, Kevin Knox, commits to UK about thirty minutes after the Cats win in Knoxville. Cats with the #2 recruiting class in the nation.

#WeAreKentucky

Not going to get excited about recruits or what class is ranked where anymore. Eventually you have to win something. Go Cats.
Does this lead to a solid postseason run or was this the big win and the rest will leave them saying......

Fire Cal.
(03-10-2024, 08:14 PM)plantmanky Wrote: Does this lead to a solid postseason run  or was this the big win and the rest will leave them saying......

Fire Cal.

Doesn't matter how big a run they have. One loss, even if it's in the national championship game,  and you'll be on here doing your Fire Cal schtick.
The Journey: Knoxville

I love this bunch of guys.  Just good people. Easy to root for.

All Kentucky teams are incredibly easy to root for. I don't know a soul who doesn't root for them.