Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knott County Central 70 Wolfe County 55 (14th Region First Round)
Final from Powell County High School.
Wolfe has the worst coach in the region. They need to send him packing and forget the politics. He’s had some great teams but no control or discipline. What a joke.
Flinchum and Creech continue to show up an show out an the rest wouldn't start for any other 14th regions 8th grade team yet robert Scott will continue playing daddy ball an losing until he finally retires cause God knows they won't fire him an if they did they'd probably replace with McWhorter an that would be worse then what they got now
You have unrealistic expectation's for Wolfe. Their two best players are freshman and they have no size on the inside. Knott was stronger and bigger and got every loose ball and killed Wolfe on the boards.

It’s not the coaches fault, Wolfe just wasn’t that good enough to win this year
You can blame the coaching when you got a sophomore in the game turning the ball over every time he touches it an who does robert Scott sit down not the man turning over the ball flinchum shot 2 maybe 3 shots in the 4th quarter if what I saw on bsn an my counting was correct cause they quit passing him the ball I agree wolfe wasn't good enough to win region but there is a lot that fall back on coach you ever see wolfe box out nope an that falls on the coach he has no consequences when his players ignore him or talk back
(03-08-2024, 04:41 PM)Night Train Wrote: You have unrealistic expectation's for Wolfe. Their two best players are freshman and they have no size on the inside. Knott was stronger and bigger and got every loose ball and killed Wolfe on the boards.

That’s why you need to stay in the funeral business Night Train and stay off this board. Anyone with any common sense at all knows that Wolfe has the worst coach in the state. Just watch how crazy his teams play. Completely wreck less and out of control. Just look at the players and teams he has had and done nothing. And will never do nothing with him there.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Gladiator Man's post:
  • Bigbluewarehouse
(03-08-2024, 03:53 PM)I’m Bigbluewarehouse Wrote: Flinchum and Creech continue to show up an show out an the rest wouldn't start for any other 14th regions 8th grade team yet robert Scott will continue playing daddy ball an losing until he finally retires cause God knows they won't fire him an if they did they'd probably replace with McWhorter an that would be worse then what they got now
Funny how people hide behind a screen name. This is a great group of kids who played really hard last night. They got out rebounded, that was the only difference in the game.
(03-08-2024, 03:53 PM)Bigbluewarehouse Wrote: Flinchum and Creech continue to show up an show out an the rest wouldn't start for any other 14th regions 8th grade team yet robert Scott will continue playing daddy ball an losing until he finally retires cause God knows they won't fire him an if they did they'd probably replace with McWhorter an that would be worse then what they got now
Who would you replace him with? From what I understand Wolfe is the nepotism capital of America. If he does retire or quits then one of his assistants will take over and guess who they learned from? I doubt it would be better without him because I doubt they would go look for a coach. Girls basketball is same way.
I would hire the janitor before i would continue with that clown.
Where will Flinchum be attending next season? Got to imagine that coach needs to prepare himself for multiple accounts being created on here so Dad can criticize them and have a new person to blame. Sad, because the kid had a ton of talent. Just not much continuity it appears thus far.
(03-08-2024, 08:47 PM)Eaglemania Wrote: Where will Flinchum be attending next season? Got to imagine that coach needs to prepare himself for multiple accounts being created on here so Dad can criticize them and have a new person to blame. Sad, because the kid had a ton of talent. Just not much continuity it appears thus far.
He may stay put. Wolfe is young and talented. Kid is the best shooter in the 14th from 12 to 30 foot out IMO. Seems like a good kid also. Personally, I think he’d look good in Breathitt blueSmile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Slim one's post:
  • Night Train
(03-08-2024, 10:45 PM)Slim one Wrote:
(03-08-2024, 08:47 PM)Eaglemania Wrote: Where will Flinchum be attending next season? Got to imagine that coach needs to prepare himself for multiple accounts being created on here so Dad can criticize them and have a new person to blame. Sad, because the kid had a ton of talent. Just not much continuity it appears thus far.
He may stay put. Wolfe is young and talented. Kid is the best shooter in the 14th from 12 to 30 foot out IMO. Seems like a good kid also. Personally, I think he’d look good in Breathitt blueSmile
No doubt about his talent. And I agree, seems like a good kid and plays the game the right way every time I’ve watched. Great sportsmanship and a competitor. Just seems he’s at a new school each year (out of his hands I’m sure). But also always someone in the camp quick to throw others under the bus at each stop.
(03-08-2024, 06:18 PM)Gladiator Man Wrote:
(03-08-2024, 04:41 PM)Night Train Wrote: You have unrealistic expectation's for Wolfe. Their two best players are freshman and they have no size on the inside. Knott was stronger and bigger and got every loose ball and killed Wolfe on the boards.

That’s why you need to stay in the funeral business Night Train and stay off this board. Anyone with any common sense at all knows that Wolfe has the worst coach in the state. Just watch how crazy his teams play. Completely wreck less and out of control. Just look at the players and teams he has had and done nothing. And will never do nothing with him there.
Careful I’ll stuff you with cotton. Creech is a good coach imo
(03-09-2024, 12:48 AM)Night Train Wrote:
(03-08-2024, 06:18 PM)Gladiator Man Wrote:

Careful I’ll stuff you with cotton. Creech is a good coach imo
That’s why you shouldn’t have an opinion when you think he is a good coach. And you will never stuff me with cotton funeral home man!
(03-09-2024, 12:09 AM)Eaglemania Wrote:
No doubt about his talent. And I agree, seems like a good kid and plays the game the right way every time I’ve watched. Great sportsmanship and a competitor. Just seems he’s at a new school each year (out of his hands I’m sure). But also always someone in the camp quick to throw others under the bus at each stop.
I've watched the kid play an talked to his dad several times at games in hazard an other places seems like alright people to me! Flinchums stats thiss year shows the player he is  no point in arguing that an we would love to see him in blue an gold with the bulldogs! Sounds like eaglemania has issue with flinchums dad the guy seems alright he's always bragged on our kids at hazard an shakes their hand I see him like posts about other mountain kids seems like he an flinchums former coach communicate on Facebook a lot just throwing it out that you may just be talking out of the wrong hole my man!
(03-09-2024, 01:27 PM)Bigbluewarehouse Wrote:
I've watched the kid play a talked to his dad several times at games in hazard an other places seems like alright people to me! Flinchums stats thiss year shows the player he is  no point in arguing that an we would love to see him in blue a gold with the bulldogs! Sounds like eaglemania has issue with flinchums dad the guy seems alright he's always bragged on our kids at hazard an shakes their hand I see him like posts about other mountain kids seems like he an flinchums former coach communicate on Facebook a lot just throwing it out that you may just be talking out of the wrong hole my man!
Reading comprehension not your strong suit it appears. No problem with the dad. Just pointing out there is always someone praising the kid while throwing coaches, teammates, and anyone else under the bus at the first sign of adversity. Hope the kid gets his college paid for and whatever else basketball can bring his way. Have saw the same song and dance with other kids and parents before. More often than not it doesn’t turn out how the parent wanted and the kid suffers. Maybe this isn’t the case here, but I’d be willing to venture I’m not the only one who sees the same thing on here and other social media after every loss. How many high schools has he dressed for so far?
(03-09-2024, 04:09 PM)Eaglemania Wrote:
(03-09-2024, 01:27 PM)Bigbluewarehouse Wrote:
I've watched the kid play a talked to his dad several times at games in hazard an other places seems like alright people to me! Flinchums stats thiss year shows the player he is  no point in arguing that an we would love to see him in blue a gold with the bulldogs! Sounds like eaglemania has issue with flinchums dad the guy seems alright he's always bragged on our kids at hazard an shakes their hand I see him like posts about other mountain kids seems like he an flinchums former coach communicate on Facebook a lot just throwing it out that you may just be talking out of the wrong hole my man!
Reading comprehension not your strong suit it appears. No problem with the dad. Just pointing out there is always someone praising the kid while throwing coaches, teammates, and anyone else under the bus at the first sign of adversity. Hope the kid gets his college paid for and whatever else basketball can bring his way. Have saw the same song and dance with other kids and parents before. More often than not it doesn’t turn out how the parent wanted and the kid suffers. Maybe this isn’t the case here, but I’d be willing to venture I’m not the only one who sees the same thing on here and other social media after every loss. How many high schools has he dressed for so far?
What does it matter how many he has dressed leslie has kids coming in that's dressed for a couple other schools if KIDS aren't happy at a school or with a coach it's their option to go some where else! I've never heard anything about throwing others under the bus so you must have more insight on the flinchum family from where I sit in my bean bag chair with cheetos I have saw them congratulate former team mates on social media now I've saw stuff where dad has said kid needs to shoot more but the same can be said for about every parent in the 14th region nobody thinks their kid gets enough shots. Guess at the end of the day everyone has their opinions but from everything I've heard the kid is staying at wolfe an he's happy with his team an coach. Now if wolfe will work on the off season in getting a big guy an rebounding an staying under control they can be a contender next year for region they gotta have somebody that can handle eversole Higgins gross and Terry if they don't fix that problem it will be the same as this year wolfe was out rebounded every game they played this year if I'm not mistaken which maybe coaches don't work on that anymore basketball has changed in 30 years since I was in school!