Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Open Jobs in 2024
As of now, only two I know of. Paintsville 15th and Greenup 16th.  Anyone else know of any jobs or Coaching rumors?
Any chance Paintsville keeps Helton coaching? I know he is pretty busy outside of basketball, but wasn't sure.
Todd Howard at hazard has a daughter on the team. Any chance he’d be interested?
any rumblings or rumors in 13th region
Whitley County girls program looking for new Basketball coach
Will this be the last year for the following, heard lots of rumblings floating? Newsome at Martin, Orem at Pikeville, Feltner at Lawrence, Fraley at Boyd, Layne at Russell. All big-time programs, that would make a huge impact on the 15th/16th.
(03-15-2024, 09:39 AM)Fieldwire Wrote: Will this be the last year for the following, heard lots of rumblings floating?  Newsome at Martin, Orem at Pikeville, Feltner at Lawrence, Fraley at Boyd, Layne at Russell.  All big-time programs, that would make a huge impact on the 15th/16th.
I see Feltner, Newsome and Orem stepping away after this year. Possibly see 1 of the 3 gone before June.
I’m hearing through the ole reliable grapevine that Todd Howard to Paintsville is a pretty sure thing, and maybe one or two of his Lady Bulldogs may be going too.
(03-15-2024, 06:58 PM)LOOKAYANNER Wrote: I’m hearing through the ole reliable grapevine that Todd Howard to Paintsville is a pretty sure thing, and maybe one or two of his Lady Bulldogs may be going too.
Heard he was heading to Lexington to right the ship and take over the women’s program.
Will Perry be open? A lot of rumble there.
I was told yesterday that Corbin will be open, I know Wilson lives in somerset but any truth to this?
Corbin would be a nice gig for sure.
(03-19-2024, 11:36 AM)DukeBoy Wrote: Corbin would be a nice gig for sure.

I agree, do you think they would give this to the assistant Snyder or hire from the outside?
(03-19-2024, 10:29 AM)i heard this for good long while but it be surprising and shocking to me to me thought if it really happensGotYouInMyScope Wrote: I was told yesterday that Corbin will be open, I know Wilson lives in somerset but any truth to this?

What about 14th?
(03-17-2024, 09:39 AM)SpaceMountain19 Wrote:
(03-15-2024, 06:58 PM)LOOKAYANNER Wrote: I’m hearing through the ole reliable grapevine that Todd Howard to Paintsville is a pretty sure thing, and maybe one or two of his Lady Bulldogs may be going too.
Heard he was heading to Lexington to right the ship and take over the women’s program.
Lol. Did you hear that on the ole reliable grapevine news, too?
any rumlings or rumors in 13th region
(03-21-2024, 05:45 PM)LOOKAYANNER Wrote:

Todd is back at Hazard.
16th region Pete Fraley at Boyd resigned on Monday. Any news who may replace him?
(03-25-2024, 12:07 PM)TheDick's-n-Karl's Wrote:
(03-21-2024, 05:45 PM)LOOKAYANNER Wrote:

Todd is back at Hazard.
That’s good for Hazard. They should be pretty solid next few seasons.  I believe he only loses Bentley from his roster. 54th district will be interesting with Perry Central and Leslie also having pretty good teams.
(03-18-2024, 10:17 PM)Tailback44 Wrote: Will Perry be open? A lot of rumble there.
Hearing the same. Heard Letcher is a potential. I think she’s great for the job and brings extremely athletic kids with her. Anywhere is lucky to have them.
(03-11-2024, 04:42 PM)hchs fan Wrote: Whitley County girls program looking for new Basketball coach
Heard McAlarnis is making the trip. Scottie is keeping the baby here and the old stud is going with mom.
Well you heard wrong Jackrabbit. If she did leave the baby would go with her because the baby is ready for high school ball. Especially in these parts. Heard old stud is headed to South Carolina.

Hard to have rumbles after going 21-10 against a very tuff schedule. Lost to a better Owsley County team in region semis.
(04-01-2024, 12:46 AM)Bulldogs4Ever Wrote: Well you heard wrong Jackrabbit.  If she did leave the baby would go with her because the baby is ready for high school ball.  Especially in these parts.  Heard old stud is headed to South Carolina. 

Hard to have rumbles after going 21-10 against a very tuff schedule.    Lost to a better Owsley County team in region semis.
I think she had a good year there. But I’m hearing she’s on the move. There’s rumbles out of the 14th even if you go 32-0. Who told you she was going to South Carolina, that is a new one for the table.