Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Arkansas at Kentucky 3/2
1:30 start

Love these early games. Can enjoy some beverages and by bed time it's like it never happened...

UK -13 1/2. No bets for me on this one. BUT I am in a lucrative position. Here's the deal: I'm up just under $1500 betting on college basketball this year. 3/4 of that betting mostly against UK spreads except a very nice payday for win at MSU.  SO...Draft Kings has a "Bonus Bet" promotion going on where you get a free bet if your first bet of up to $1000 loses. So I can deposit $1000, bet it all and either win, have $2000 in there and go back to my $100-$200 bets per week or lose and get a free bonus bet to get it back. Worse case scenario I'm still up $500 on the season.

Any thoughts on this? Bonus bet ends 3/17 so clock is ticking.
(03-01-2024, 11:15 PM)jetpilot Wrote: 1:30 start

Love these early games. Can enjoy some beverages and by bed time it's like it never happened...

UK -13 1/2. No bets for me on this one. BUT I am in a lucrative position. Here's the deal: I'm up just under $1500 betting on college basketball this year. 3/4 of that betting mostly against UK spreads except a very nice payday for win at MSU.  SO...Draft Kings has a "Bonus Bet" promotion going on where you get a free bet if your first bet of up to $1000 loses. So I can deposit $1000, bet it all and either win, have $2000 in there and go back to my $100-$200 bets per week or lose and get a free bonus bet to get it back. Worse case scenario I'm still up $500 on the season.

My thought:  Gamblers Anonymous, first thing Monday morning.

Save your money and quit while you are ahead.

Isn't the common sentiment that most "pro" gamblers or sharps make their money early in the season and sit it out in March anyway?
(03-02-2024, 01:52 AM)Old School Hound Wrote:

My thought:  Gamblers Anonymous, first thing Monday morning.

LOL
(03-02-2024, 03:41 AM)Cactus Jack Wrote:

Save your money and quit while you are ahead.

Isn't the common sentiment that most "pro" gamblers or sharps make their money early in the season and sit it out in March anyway?
I think that's true in football, not so much in basketball. I can still still quit while I'm ahead even if I lose both $1000 bets. Anyhow, didn't see anything this weekend, UK/UT might be last chance...
Lunardi has moved our Cats up to a #4  seed in the East.  If we were to win out  and win the SEC Tourney, we might reach the #3 line.
Well, it's halftime and I'm not mad at anybody.
(03-02-2024, 04:24 PM)Granny Bear Wrote: Well, it's halftime and I'm not mad at anybody.

That's as rare as a Corbin made free throw.
Now watching Kansas and Baylor.
Angry
(03-02-2024, 04:55 PM)Granny Bear Wrote: Now watching Kansas and Baylor.
Angry

More like it... lol
Kentucky Sucks, Fire Cal.
(03-02-2024, 05:02 PM)plantmanky Wrote: Kentucky Sucks, Fire Cal.

Plants suck. Fire you.

Cats play to the level of their competition. That can be dangerous on days like this.

I never remember a KY team that is this bad at guarding people.

Plant lad and Run It Up Your G crushed again. They were waiting at the drop of a keyboard stroke to foment some more Cal hate. Good job by the Cats and their leader, the legend from Moon Township.