Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lawrence County vs. Floyd Central (58th District Championship)
2/29 at 7 pm @ Prestonsburg 

Game will be live streamed by WMDJ, WPRG, and D&D

Thoughts on this one?
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Hopefully this will be a really good game. I think Floyd Central wins 72-65. If Lawrence wins, then Floyd Central will be hosting a girls/boy region tournament doubleheader Saturday. I can imagine that would be a hard ticket to come by, so those who have missed 15th Region tournaments in high school gyms should be happy about that.
(02-29-2024, 12:27 PM)P. Fanning Wrote: Hopefully this will be a really good game. I think Floyd Central wins 72-65. If Lawrence wins, then Floyd Central will be hosting a girls/boy region tournament doubleheader Saturday. I can imagine that would be a hard ticket to come by, so those who have missed 15th Region tournaments in high school gyms should be happy about that.

It would be at Prestonsburg though wouldn't it?
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
(02-29-2024, 01:18 PM)Spud6 Wrote:
(02-29-2024, 12:27 PM)P. Fanning Wrote: Hopefully this will be a really good game. I think Floyd Central wins 72-65. If Lawrence wins, then Floyd Central will be hosting a girls/boy region tournament doubleheader Saturday. I can imagine that would be a hard ticket to come by, so those who have missed 15th Region tournaments in high school gyms should be happy about that.

All district runners up will be getting a home game.  It’s their reward for coming in second instead of just advancing to the Region like normal years.
Lawrence County by 4.

2 point game, then FC turns it over or a foul on LC isn’t called in the final seconds. Lawrence scores 2 more to seal it.
(02-29-2024, 01:23 PM)Grinch1 Wrote:

All district runners up will be getting a home game.  It’s their reward for coming in second instead of just advancing to the Region like normal years.

Oh nice!  This super regional stuff is over my head. I learn something new everyday
#BBFL
(02-29-2024, 01:57 PM)Spud6 Wrote:

Oh nice!  This super regional stuff is over my head. I learn something new everyday
I think after tonight. All districts and all 3/4 games will be played. Boys and girls.   Found out they will be drawing tomorrow to see who plays the 2 seeds on Saturday.  District runners up will be the host.  Then it will be down to 8 teams. The 4 district winners and whoever wins the 2 seed game.  Drawing for the final 8 at the arena will be on Sunday I think like normal.
(02-29-2024, 02:36 PM)Grinch1 Wrote:

I think after tonight. All districts and all 3/4 games will be played. Boys and girls.   Found out they will be drawing tomorrow to see who plays the 2 seeds on Saturday.  District runners up will be the host.  Then it will be down to 8 teams. The 4 district winners and whoever wins the 2 seed game.  Drawing for the final 8 at the arena will be on Sunday I think like normal.

The only thing that sucks about this is teams that are hot that won their district go straight to the expo and then wait almost a week before they play another game.  While other teams are playing 2-3 games the previous week. But you could look at it as they are getting a full weeks rest but I don’t like that
#BBFL
(02-29-2024, 03:35 PM)Spud6 Wrote:
(02-29-2024, 02:36 PM)Grinch1 Wrote:
(02-29-2024, 01:18 PM)Spud6 Wrote: It would be at Prestonsburg though wouldn't it?

The only thing that sucks about this is teams that are hot that won their district go straight to the expo and then wait almost a week before they play another game.  While other teams are playing 2-3 games the previous week. But you could look at it as they are getting a full weeks rest but I don’t like that

I agree. Especially on the boys side. Pikeville girls and boys won and finished districts Tuesday.  Girls region will start Monday and Tuesday. I don’t know the official day the boys will start. Pikeville boys will go over a week before playing again.   Another thing I dislike is having to do a draw 3 times. Should use RPI or have every team play each other once so you can seed for the super region instead of having 3 separate draws.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Grinch1's post:
  • Spud6
FC 78
Law.  64