Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Frederick Douglass 54 Henry Clay 49 (42nd District Semifinal)
Final from Henry Clay. Frederick Douglass will move on the 42nd Championship and take on Bryan Station on Friday. The Broncos improve to 19-12 and the Blue Devils close out their season at 24-7 with 5 of their 7 losses coming in the 42nd district and 3 of those 5 were to the Broncos.
I see that the kid who was DQ for 2 games (prior to adding a last minute game with N. Hardin) was able to play. Huh interesting!
(02-29-2024, 12:38 PM)Cafe Mocha Wrote: I see that the kid who was DQ for 2 games (prior to adding a last minute game with N. Hardin) was able to play. Huh interesting!

He was as any school would have done and had games available under the allowed number. I guess to you the staff should have just went to the district game and make him sit and affect the whole team. lol You don't think Clay would have done the same thing if say Brown got ejected? I guarantee you they would. I even talked with some of the Catholic staff after the night of the game and they said "if you have games available, I would be reaching out in the morning for an extra game." I guess to you it would be ok for anyone but Douglass to do that of course you always have a problem with anything having to do with Douglass. lol
(02-29-2024, 01:19 PM)16BBall Fan Wrote:
(02-29-2024, 12:38 PM)Cafe Mocha Wrote: I see that the kid who was DQ for 2 games (prior to adding a last minute game with N. Hardin) was able to play. Huh interesting!

He was as any school would have done and had games available under the allowed number. I guess to you the staff should have just went to the district game and make him sit and affect the whole team. lol You don't think Clay would have done the same thing if say Brown got ejected? I guarantee you they would. I even talked with some of the Catholic staff after the night of the game and they said "if you have games available, I would be reaching out in the morning for an extra game." I guess to you it would be ok for anyone but Douglass to do that of course you always have a problem with anything having to do with Douglass. lol
LOL!
(02-29-2024, 02:52 PM)Cafe Mocha Wrote:
(02-29-2024, 01:19 PM)16BBall Fan Wrote:

LOL!

I agree 100% with your first post. Douglass is probably only this year the 3rd or 4th best team in the 11th. There were many who thought that Henry Clay could be a dark horse in the 11th but Douglass has proved they were definitely the better team having beat them for 3 or their 7 losses by an average of 13 points in those 3 games. I don't think the Broncos have the size or depth to beat Great Crossing the 11th is there's to lose. The Broncos can beat any of the other teams in the 11th on a given night.

The best draw for the Broncos would be to beat Station (will be tough) Then draw Western Hills and be on the same side of the bracket as either Madison Southern or Madison Central and that winner play Lexington Christian and have both Great Crossing and Lexington Catholic on the other side with one of them having to open with a very good Bryan Station team. They also could lose tomorrow to Station then have to play either at Great Crossing or Lexington Catholic. lol