Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Floyd Central 71 Betsy Layne 65 (58th District Tournament)
Final!
Congratulations Floyd Central.

PS
The original thread was deleted because more posts were off topic than were on topic.  
Also, do not use this thread as a platform to promote your personal agenda.

Finally, the two new posters that received my PM need to reply within the next 24 hours or your accounts will be banned permanently.

Happy posting!!
[-] The following 3 users Like Granny Bear's post:
  • Blacksmith, Colonel4Life1999, Westside
Great back and forth game. Both teams are very talented. FC made some nice adjustments. Betsy Layne went away from their defensive lineup halfway through the third and B Moore ate them alive. No help help defenders at all from halfway third to halfway to fourth. Game went from BL lead to it being a loss.

These threads are getting a little old with the BL coaches getting on here arguing with each other. Especially hijacking other threads.

PS coach. I don’t think your players are liking it too good that you tell them they are the worst roster available and you are the only guy holding it all together.
This game was all about runs and at the end floyd central got the last one! A couple of calls weren’t made along with some momentum which lead to Floyd central pulling this one out.

IMO the best lineup BL had in all night was at the end of the 2nd quarter. It looked like a completely different team 6-7 good passes before taking an open shot!
I hadn’t noticed that, but went back to watch it again. Ball movement was much better last two minutes of half.
Brayden Hall is going to be a really special player in the coming seasons. Betsy Layne has another shot at their season Saturday, hopefully they'll be ready for the challenge.

Hoping for a great championship game Thursday night. I'd like to see Floyd Central pull it out. I remember Braden Moore being called up as a middle schooler in 2019 after all the drama with Spurlock went down and how tiny he was. Glad he grew into one of the better players in the region. I hope he and Samons winds up playing college somewhere.
Betsy Layne's best lineup is Tanner Martin, Tanner Hall, Andrew Kidd, Cameron Pente, and Carter Parsons.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
(02-28-2024, 11:58 AM)Granny Bear Wrote: Final!
Congratulations Floyd Central.

PS
The original thread was deleted because more posts were off topic than were on topic.  
Also, do not use this thread as a platform to promote your personal agenda.

Finally, the two new posters that received my PM need to reply within the next 24 hours or your accounts will be banned permanently.

Happy posting!!
Somebody getting sent to the virtual Principal's office.

Hope you enjoy your GILF spankings.

Huh
(02-28-2024, 11:22 PM)Spud6 Wrote: Betsy Layne's best lineup is Tanner Martin, Tanner Hall, Andrew Kidd, Cameron Pente, and Carter Parsons.

That’s the usual starting lineup. They are usually down at the end of the first quarter too. Not so sure about that.
(02-28-2024, 11:54 PM)Pikecoballer Wrote:
(02-28-2024, 11:22 PM)Spud6 Wrote: Betsy Layne's best lineup is Tanner Martin, Tanner Hall, Andrew Kidd, Cameron Pente, and Carter Parsons.

That’s the usual starting lineup. They are usually down at the end of the first quarter too. Not so sure about that.

Last night they started Grayson Hall, Tanner Martin, Andrew Kidd, Carter Parsons, and Cameron Pente and were down 3 at the end of the 1st. 
They started same lineup in 3rd quarter and took Tanner Martin out and put in Tanner Hall.  Had a 4 point lead to start the 3rd and ended up down 4 to end the third.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Not sure what you’re going with there. T Hall should be in the starting lineup, but he was part of a negative 7 stretch in the third.

I didn’t think any one player stood out good or bad last night. It was a tough rivalry game against the hottest team in the region.

The defense was better with G Hall on the floor. The offense is a little better with T Hall. B Moore went off in the third and I guess that could be put on the fact BL didn’t have their best defensive five out there in the third.

Just an observation. Wasn’t watching it exclusively as did miss some watching other games
Rewatch it when you get a chance and watch our help side defense and hedging on ball screens. We would hedge and then go back to our man who set the pick and then it would leave a wide open lane to the basket that our guards couldn’t recover from and then the other player in the opposite block wasn’t sliding over to stop the ball from getting to the rim.
#BBFL
After 39-34 third quarter ended down 48-44. Most of the 14 they scored came in one on one moves and fast breaks. Four points from pick and roll where weak side help didn’t appear. Moore scored 10 points in the third and only two came from a pick and roll play where help didnt come. One play Kidd should have stepped over. One play Paraons should have. Those were the two defensive breakdowns I saw.

Bigger problem was the way the offense had no flow at all and only scored three points until a last second floater went in. Forcing the ball into places where it wasn’t there and bad shot selection.
[-] The following 2 users Like Pikecoballer's post:
  • 15thRegionScoop, Spud6
2nd Quarter, BL looked like a region contender. Your best lineup is the one that plays good team D and has good ball movement on O. The same for every team really.