Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Prestonsburg 2024
Will now that head coach is in place let see what players will transfer in and who he gets on his staff I don’t know who was on last year staff or will Wesley Hager bring in new guys
I would venture to say it will for the most part be a new look on the Blackcat sideline this fall.
[-] The following 2 users Like Colonel4Life1999's post:
  • BlackcatAlum, BlackcatPride32
Prestonsburg loses 3 starters on offense and 3 starters on defense off a team that started the season 4-1 and finished 5-6.

Schedule should look about the same as last season:

@ Leslie Co
East Ridge (Pike Co Bowl at Pikeville) ???
Paintsville
@ Lewis Co
Pike Co Central
Betsy Layne
Martin Co
Floyd Central
@ Knott Central
@ Breathitt Co

Key Losses: RB Jacob Rose, OL/DL Josh Elkins, DL Nick Adams

Key Returners: WR/DB Dalton Elliott, WR/DB Alex Harris, OL/DL Cole Laferty, LB Logan Stumbo

Players to keep an eye on: Westin Harris, QB Bryce Holbrook, WR/DB Kain Patton, RB/LB Colin Hatfield, TE/LB Baron Craft, OL/DL Daniel Adams, DL Noah Price, LB Tyler Stephens, HB/DB Drake Hatfield, QB/TE/LB Brady Allen

Should have 15 or so incoming freshman. I expect to see some freshman play varsity minutes next season. Have some studs coming up.

Dalton Elliott has nearly 2000 yards of offense and 27 touchdowns under his belt as a Blackcat. He's been killing it at indoor track meets as well. He's going to be one of the fastest players in the region next season.

Coach Wes Hager will have a athletic team with playmakers to work with in year one. I think they're capable of winning the district, but Martin County will be the preseason favorite. I'm not sure on who might transfer in. I've heard some names, but we will see over the next few months.

Hager has already hit the ground running and I'm excited to see what he and this new staff can do with the program.

Go Blackcats!!!
(02-27-2024, 10:03 PM)BlackcatAlum Wrote: Prestonsburg loses 3 starters on offense and 3 starters on defense off a team that started the season 4-1 and finished 5-6.

@ Leslie Co
Paintsville
@ Lewis Co
Pike Co Central
Betsy Layne
Martin Co
Floyd Central
@ Knott Central
@ Breathitt Co

Key Returners: WR/DB Dalton Elliott, WR/DB Alex Harris, OL/DL Cole Laferty, LB Logan Stumbo

Players to keep an eye on: Westin Harris, QB Bryce Holbrook, WR/DB Kain Patton, RB/LB Colin Hatfield, TE/LB Baron Craft, OL/DL Daniel Adams, DL Noah Price, LB Tyler Stephens, HB/DB Drake Hatfield, QB/TE/LB Brady Allen

Should have 15 or so incoming freshman. I expect to see some freshman play varsity minutes next season. Have some studs coming up.

Dalton Elliott has nearly 2000 yards of offense and 27 touchdowns under his belt as a Blackcat. He's been killing it at indoor track meets as well. He's going to be one of the fastest players in the region next season.

Coach Wes Hager will have a athletic team with playmakers to work with in year one. I think they're capable of winning the district, but Martin County will be the preseason favorite. I'm not sure on who might transfer in. I've heard some names, but we will see over the next few months.

Hager has already hit the ground running and I'm excited to see what he and this new staff can do with the program.

Go Blackcats!!!
Didn’t Martin County graduate a lot? 

Are y’all expecting a bunch of transfers in with this hire? Things ain’t like they used to be. People actually have to physically move to be eligible now.
Notre Dame Football…GO IRISH
(02-27-2024, 10:29 PM)Redneck Wrote: Didn’t Martin County graduate a lot? 

Are y’all expecting a bunch of transfers in with this hire? Things ain’t like they used to be. People actually have to physically move to be eligible now.
Martin County did lose their two leading rushers and majority of their offensive line.

District is going to be a toss up, but I'll give MC the nod considering they owned the district last season.
(02-27-2024, 10:29 PM)Redneck Wrote:
(02-27-2024, 10:03 PM)BlackcatAlum Wrote: Prestonsburg loses 3 starters on offense and 3 starters on defense off a team that started the season 4-1 and finished 5-6.

@ Leslie Co
Paintsville
@ Lewis Co
Pike Co Central
Betsy Layne
Martin Co
Floyd Central
@ Knott Central
@ Breathitt Co

Go Blackcats!!!

bet you believe in the tooth fairy too!
[-] The following 2 users Like Khalisimo's post:
  • Card2000, Fanatic42
Prestonsburg has a favorable schedule this year, with the only game I don’t see them having much of a chance would be the Breathitt game. Martin County will take a couple of steps back this year, and Betsy Layne, Floyd Central, Paintsville and Leslie County could go either way. The Blackcats will be favored to beat Lewis, Knott, and East Ridge. The ceiling would be 8-2, and the worst case scenario being 4-6. Realistically, I can see a 6-4 season and possibly hosting a playoff game, which would be huge. I believe the talent is there to take a step or two in the right direction.
(02-27-2024, 11:29 PM)Khalisimo Wrote:

@ Leslie Co
Paintsville
@ Lewis Co
Pike Co Central
Betsy Layne
Martin Co
Floyd Central
@ Knott Central
@ Breathitt Co

Go Blackcats!!!

No, but I’d be willing to bet that if a bunch of kids from Martin County follow Hager to Prestonsburg, they won’t be eligible unless they move to Floyd County.

@ Leslie Co
Paintsville
@ Lewis Co
Pike Co Central
Betsy Layne
Martin Co
Floyd Central
@ Knott Central
@ Breathitt Co

Go Blackcats!!!

They graduated a good class but they still have some pretty good underclassman still there
Prestonsburg is couple years away.
Not sure but only game I see a win is maybe Lewis. Not familiar with them.

ER will surprise you.

MC gets district. Knott runner up.
(02-28-2024, 10:57 PM)Redneck Wrote:
(02-27-2024, 11:29 PM)Khalisimo Wrote: bet you believe in the tooth fairy too!
No, but I’d be willing to bet that if a bunch of kids from Martin County follow Hager to Prestonsburg, they won’t be eligible unless they move to Floyd County.

i dont think its going to happen but i admire your blind faith in the khsaa if more people believed that hard we might see humans will themselves to feats such as flying
(03-01-2024, 12:37 AM)Sportscritic79 Wrote: Prestonsburg is couple years away.
Not sure but only game I see a win is maybe Lewis. Not familiar with them.

ER will surprise you.

MC gets district. Knott runner up.

Knott ain’t getting runner up
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
[-] The following 1 user Likes Spud6's post:
  • Redneck
(03-01-2024, 01:11 AM)Khalisimo Wrote:

i dont think its going to happen but i admire your blind faith in the khsaa if more people believed that hard we might see humans will themselves to feats such as flying
You can be a smartass all ya want. It ain’t about having faith in the KHSAA. Fact is Pburg already has a player that as of right now will not be eligible until late in the season because he played the first 7-8 weeks at Paintsville last year and they still live in Johnson County.
(03-01-2024, 08:02 AM)Redneck Wrote:

You can be a smartass all ya want. It ain’t about having faith in the KHSAA. Fact is Pburg already has a player that as of right now will not be eligible until late in the season because he played the first 7-8 weeks at Paintsville last year and they still live in Johnson County.
Still hoping for the 1 Free Transfer ticket to be brought up and passed.  We see 10 new bylaws to the transfer rules every 2-3 years that just reword themselves.  The fact is there are so many aways around the rules, the easiest way to avoid headaches and paperwork is to give every kid in high school 1 free transfer.  No questions asked after that every kid has to sit a year, whether they move districts or not.  

The current system is a joke in so many ways.
[-] The following 2 users Like HSFOOTBALL's post:
  • BlackcatAlum, Redneck
Death of Blackcat Football will be a slow one.

@ Leslie Co
Paintsville
@ Lewis Co
Pike Co Central
Betsy Layne
Martin Co
Floyd Central
@ Knott Central
@ Breathitt Co

Go Blackcats!!!

This isn't correct, they can transfer there without moving and still be eligible. The way you are describing is the old rule

(03-01-2024, 10:15 AM)HSFOOTBALL Wrote:

Still hoping for the 1 Free Transfer ticket to be brought up and passed.  We see 10 new bylaws to the transfer rules every 2-3 years that just reword themselves.  The fact is there are so many aways around the rules, the easiest way to avoid headaches and paperwork is to give every kid in high school 1 free transfer.  No questions asked after that every kid has to sit a year, whether they move districts or not.  

This has already been done. Went into affect July 1st 2023
Any news on assistant coaches? The only one that I’ve heard for sure is Matt Slone. This is a solid hire for Hager.
(03-04-2024, 01:01 PM)Panther88 Wrote:

@ Leslie Co
Paintsville
@ Lewis Co
Pike Co Central
Betsy Layne
Martin Co
Floyd Central
@ Knott Central
@ Breathitt Co

Go Blackcats!!!

This isn't correct, they can transfer there without moving and still be eligible. The way you are describing is the old rule

(03-01-2024, 10:15 AM)HSFOOTBALL Wrote:
(02-28-2024, 10:57 PM)Redneck Wrote: No, but I’d be willing to bet that if a bunch of kids from Martin County follow Hager to Prestonsburg, they won’t be eligible unless they move to Floyd County.

This has already been done. Went into affect July 1st 2023
Nah they sold it as a free ticket but if you read the rules its essentially the same as it's always been. The only difference is now if you live in district A and go to school in district b, you can transfer to district C  as long as that school offers something your previous school didn't or obviously to district A without penalty.  If you live in district A and go to school in district A you still cannot transfer to district b or c without sitting out. Also if you don't make up your mind by July 1st you sit out no matter what, or are supposed to.
(03-04-2024, 01:01 PM)Panther88 Wrote:

@ Leslie Co
Paintsville
@ Lewis Co
Pike Co Central
Betsy Layne
Martin Co
Floyd Central
@ Knott Central
@ Breathitt Co

Go Blackcats!!!

False. Like I said earlier, they already have a transfer from Paintsville who as of right now will not be eligible to play football at Pburg until October, which is when he quit at Paintsville. His dad is a good friend of mine.