Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hazard 59 Leslie 45
Hazard with an upset in back to back seasons to advance in the 54th District Championship.
Coach Howard with his second upset in two years in the district tournament.
Win when it counts. Congrats Dawgs!
(02-27-2024, 04:23 AM)bac2369 Wrote: Coach Howard with his second upset in two years in the district tournament.
Seems to get everything he can out of his teams. Great coach!
BIg Win. Two years in a row, and this year without Maggard. Congrats to the Lady Dawgs and Coach Howard.
Guy is an excellent coach. Nothing better than to have the best player in the region transfer to your school. Then to have another great athlete come in the next year. Hazard doing well with the homegrown kids.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DukeBoy's post:
  • BlackHawk
(02-27-2024, 02:41 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: Guy is an excellent coach.  Nothing better than to have the best player in the region transfer to your school.  Then to have another great athlete come in the next year.  Hazard doing well with the homegrown kids.
Not many teams can say they have a full roster of players who have not been somewhere else.
Thought Hazard was very disciplined and played well.
Leslie County felt like they were on their heels the entire game.
Great job to Hazard. 

Coach Farmer and the Eagles did not look ready to go at all. 

That's what makes this time of year so special. If you show up and do not come ready to play, it will most likely be the last game you play this season.
Any chance Leslie opens up? I have been told that the parents are not happy with Farmer at all.
(03-13-2024, 09:42 AM)GotYouInMyScope Wrote: Any chance Leslie opens up? I have been told that the parents are not happy with Farmer at all.
She’s not going anywhere. Got family pull
That’s why parents should stick to being parents instead of telling coaches how to run a team. 99.9% are Fn clueless. Farmer done a great job this year in my opinion.
I agree parents should stick to being parents but great job is a stretch... Lost to Harlan County, Whitley County who didn't even make their region tournament in the 13th. Also beat Hazard twice in the regular season and lost the first round of the district. How do you say that is a great job? It's her first year I get it, but her team got worse as the year went on while others that she beat earlier in the regular season got better.
Avg team height was about 5’2.
Losing to Harlan Co and Whitley are not bad losses. All 13th region teams are better than 14th. Let’s face the facts. Beating a team 3 times is a hard thing to do, regardless of how good you may be. Todd Howard is a good coach to. Thought Leslie actually may or overachieved some considering all they’d lost. And no disrespect to any the Leslie kids, they play hard. I think you got to give Farmer some time.