Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kentucky 117 Alabama 95
Final. The offense was clicking on all cylinders today. While we won big, I thought we played really good hard aggressive defense the last 11 minutes of the first half and the first 4 minutes in the 2nd half. Now we need not let happened on Wednesday after a good win at Auburn to happen Tuesday night at Miss. State. This will be fun to enjoy for a couple of days!
What a game.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Finally, hooked up for most of the game. Now obviously we won’t always shoot that well, but as a whole, played decent defense, that’s hard to say when you give up over 90 points tho. Big Z proved he should be playing over Bradshaw. And Wagner is good only for giving others a breather right now. GREAT WIN
[Image: https://i.gifer.com/EMZJ.gif]

^^^^
Run Up The Gut
THIS team. THIS game plan. THIS defense.

THIS!!!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Granny Bear's post:
  • rookie57
The team we saw today can end their season in Phoenix. They are also inconsistent enough to end their season in the first game against Grand Canyon.
(02-24-2024, 08:51 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: The team we saw today can end their season in Phoenix.  They are also inconsistent enough to end their season in the first game against Grand Canyon.
I absolutely agree
They’re a lot closer to ending the season against Grand Canyon than they are making it to Phoenix.
Good offensive performance. When the shots fall they’re hard to beat but they won’t every night and that’s where they’ll need defense and giving up 90 ain’t gonna cut it
(02-24-2024, 10:26 PM)RunItUpTheGut Wrote: They’re a lot closer to ending the season against Grand Canyon than they are making it to Phoenix.
Good offensive performance. When the shots fall they’re hard to beat but they won’t every night and that’s where they’ll need defense and giving up 90 ain’t gonna cut it
I agree to a point, Alabama is the top scoring team in the nation
We also at one point were up 100 something to 66. Bama got a lot of points just in scrap time when the game was over and we took our foots off the gas
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
(02-24-2024, 10:26 PM)RunItUpTheGut Wrote: They’re a lot closer to ending the season against Grand Canyon than they are making it to Phoenix.

(02-25-2024, 12:27 AM)Spud6 Wrote: We also at one point were up 100 something to 66.  Bama got a lot of points just in scrap time when the game was over and we took our foots off the gas

Over a six minute stretch, the quintet of Reeves, Sheppard, RDilly, Edwards, and Big Z  scored 28 points.  I did the math. That translates to 186 points over 40 minutes. That's just flat out  silly !!!
(02-25-2024, 12:36 AM)Old School Hound Wrote:

(02-25-2024, 12:27 AM)Spud6 Wrote: We also at one point were up 100 something to 66.  Bama got a lot of points just in scrap time when the game was over and we took our foots off the gas

Over a six minute stretch, the quintet of Reeves, Sheppard, RDilly, Edwards, and Big Z  scored 28 points.  I did the math. That translates to 186 points over 40 minutes. That's just flat out  silly !!!
I can’t figure this team out haha.  Please can we start to put games together in a row.  Just a great win and performance!!!!
(02-25-2024, 05:41 AM)Wildcat_blue Wrote:

I can’t figure this team out haha.  Please can we start to put games together in a row.  Just a great win and performance!!!!

Let me see if I can help. You're probably too young to remember the 1976 movie starring Sally Field, entitled, "Sybil."  Look it up.

95 points FIRE CAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kentucky's gameplan was to knock Bama off the three-point line and limit their three point attempts, even if that meant allowing more attempts closer to the basket. Cal's goal for his team was to limit the Tide to no more than 25 attempts from three. They only had 17 attempts. Mission accomplished. Cal knew that Bama wasn't beating his team if they were taking most of their shots from inside the three point line. He was absolutely right. In fact, KY "out Alabamaed" the Tide in this game. The Cats were much better hitting shots from distance. Cal again outcoaches a highly regarded SEC coach. Great gameplan, great execution, great job of buying in to the "process." The score was  92-59 with abot 12 minutes to go. They played plenty good enough on D up until the game was long decided. Bama drops 26 spots in KenPom's AdjD as a result of this game. Great job, Hall of Famer!!!

Good job Coach Cal and his Cats!!!   Now, no let up in Starkville.
I knew the Cal crap would be knee deep from some (well one).
If Cal can coach the team to shoot 63% overall, 54% from 3, 85% from the FT line, and coach J Edwards to keep going 10-10 from the field we will be great. Cal's defense didn't win the game, Alabama shot 57% and scored 95 points. Some people were just born to ki$$ a$$.

Nobody was beating Kentucky yesterday. Nobody. And it wasn't because the coach suddenly decided to take a bunch of smart pills.
(02-25-2024, 01:03 PM)jetpilot Wrote: I knew the Cal crap would be knee deep from some (well one).
If Cal can coach the team to shoot 63% overall, 54% from 3, 85% from the FT line, and coach J Edwards to keep going 10-10 from the field we will be great. Cal's defense didn't win the game, Alabama shot 57% and scored 95 points. Some people were just born to ki$$ a$$.

Nobody was beating Kentucky yesterday. Nobody. And it wasn't because the coach suddenly decided to take a bunch of smart pills.

Bama could have won 118-117 if they had been allowed to do what they like to do from distance. Cal preached limiting their attempts from behind the arc and they executed that plan. We lead 103-66.  Should be nothing whatsoever to complain about. Cal's gameplan worked to perfection.

Has anyone ever noticed that the Cal love/hate thing is pretty much a microcosm of our country today? You have a majority that support the coach but a pretty healthy minority that are very critical of his every move, especially whenever the team loses a game. And both sides seem to be at each other's throats all the time. It's almost like a Kentucky Civil War- the pro-Cal Union forces are quick to defend their Hall of Fame coach, while the anti-Cal Confederates  shout "fire Coach Cal" for every misstep the team makes. Our country is hopelessly divided and now our state seems to be . as well, over it's basketball coach.
(02-25-2024, 01:44 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(02-25-2024, 01:03 PM)jetpilot Wrote: I knew the Cal crap would be knee deep from some (well one).

Bama could have won 118-117 if they had been allowed to do what they like to do from distance. Cal preached limiting their attempts from behind the arc and they executed that plan. We lead 103-66.  Should be nothing whatsoever to complain about. Cal's gameplan worked to perfection.

Has anyone ever noticed that the Cal love/hate thing is pretty much a microcosm of our country today? You have a majority that support the coach but a pretty healthy minority that are very critical of his every move, especially whenever the team loses a game. And both sides seem to be at each other's throats all the time. It's almost like a Kentucky Civil War- the pro-Cal Union forces are quick to defend their Hall of Fame coach, while the anti-Cal Confederates  shout "fire Coach Cal" for every misstep the team makes. Our country is hopelessly divided and now our state seems to be . as well, over it's basketball coach.

Stopped reading after this idiocy. Cal held Bama under 118 so he is a hero. Mind numbing.

and that’s awesome. Loved it.
but what about the six minute stretch in the next game where cal only has one of them on the floor and we give up 28 in a six minute stretch?
this team would be scary good in two years. Absolute favorites to win it all. But we won’t see a single one of them next year. That’s why this cycle never ends
I read the rest (sigh). I hate to inform you but the majority of people know Cal isn't a good bench coach and think he is arrogant AF. But results are all that matter and until we win something we are a mid-tier program the last several years. FACT.

Cats need to beat MSU on the road and keep building momentum.
(02-25-2024, 01:47 PM)jetpilot Wrote:

Stopped reading after this idiocy. Cal held Bama under 118 so he is a hero. Mind numbing.

Bama had less than 60 points nearing the midway point of the second half.  UK was in the 90's.   Nothing to complain about here other than not liking the man for supporting his players taking a knee. Get over it!!! 

Did anyone besides Jetpilot and Plant Boy watch that game yesterday and think that UK is a mid-tier program.  WE ARE KENTUCKY AND WE STILL ARE YOUR DADDY!!!

Alabama hasn't scored 118 in 20 years and probably never has, but they absolutely could have yesterday in Rupp Arena if not for Cal's special defense he drew up just for this game. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAdumba$$HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
(02-25-2024, 01:55 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(02-25-2024, 01:47 PM)jetpilot Wrote:

Bama had less than 60 points nearing the midway point of the second half.  UK was in the 90's.   Nothing to complain about here other than not liking the man for supporting his players taking a knee. Get over it!!! 

Did anyone besides Jetpilot and Plant Boy watch that game yesterday and think that UK is a mid-tier program.  WE ARE KENTUCKY AND WE STILL ARE YOUR DADDY!!!
Lies and red herrings. Let's not get bounced early from the tournaments this year. Would be a great way (and the only way) to make me like Cal more.
(02-25-2024, 01:53 PM)RunItUpTheGut Wrote:

and that’s awesome. Loved it.
but what about the six minute stretch in the next game where cal only has one of them on the floor and we give up 28 in a six minute stretch?
this team would be scary good in two years. Absolute favorites to win it all. But we won’t see a single one of them next year. That’s why this cycle never ends
That's true. But that's college basketball now. I don't like it either but it's everywhere now, not just KY and Cal. That's the new college basketball landscape. I'm with you, I'd prefer it was still 1978 but it's Usher on the radio now, not Dire Straits.

Why is there, like , ten or twelve people on a board of hundreds and hundreds who comment about UK basketball? You'd think there would be more. A dozen UK fans here ? Come on, people. This team is FUN!!!
The fivesome of Reeves, Sheppard, Dillingham, Edwards and Big Z scored 28 points in a span of 6 min, 7 sec. That figures out to an insane 1.68 points per possession. That's just crazy! The Cats now lead the nation in three point FG shooting at 41%. The five guys mentioned above shoot the rock from three at a ridiculous 46.1% clip. It's fun to finally have a team who can actually shoot the basketball!