Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville
Interesting Paintsville playing 2 games today!
2 for the price of 1.
(02-24-2024, 02:49 PM)15thRegionScoop Wrote: 2 for the price of 1.

I think jv will be playing the home school team.
That’s just crazy!
Crazy that a second game popped up for today affer ejections that happened against Morgan County
(02-24-2024, 04:18 PM)Colonel4Life1999 Wrote: Crazy that a second game popped up for today affer ejections that happened against Morgan County

Well I can tell you that those games won’t count towards their suspension because the games have to be served that were originally on the schedule when the season started.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
[-] The following 2 users Like Spud6's post:
  • Card2000, Diogenes
(02-24-2024, 04:45 PM)Spud6 Wrote:
(02-24-2024, 04:18 PM)Colonel4Life1999 Wrote: Crazy that a second game popped up for today affer ejections that happened against Morgan County

Well I can tell you that those games won’t count towards their suspension because the games have to be served that were originally on the schedule when the season started.
Was told that they will count and Coach Slone will be on the bench for the districts.
(02-24-2024, 05:53 PM)Ralph Furley Wrote:

Was told that they will count and Coach Slone will be on the bench for the districts.

That must have just changed this year. Because Betsy Layne had players suspended and added games against Ligon and it didn’t count because the schedule was set at the beginning of the year.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
[-] The following 1 user Likes Spud6's post:
  • Card2000
(02-24-2024, 06:08 PM)Spud6 Wrote:

That must have just changed this year. Because Betsy Layne had players suspended and added games against Ligon and it didn’t count because the schedule was set at the beginning of the year.
Paintsville played Pikeville last night. So that was one game for Slone since he didn’t coach. Maybe they are only counting the PC game. Idk when that one was added though.
Did Paintsville have players/coach ejected and suspended?
(02-24-2024, 06:17 PM)Blacksmith Wrote: Did Paintsville have players/coach ejected and suspended?

Yes against Morgan county
#BBFL
Smart move to get Slone eligible, he’s one of the best, watched them on d and d not same team without Slone there
(02-24-2024, 06:33 PM)Spud6 Wrote:
(02-24-2024, 06:17 PM)Blacksmith Wrote: Did Paintsville have players/coach ejected and suspended?

Both or just one, not trying to get details honestly. just curious..
Ligon Cogo. Perhaps the most interesting high school basketball team in the state. I say that with complete sincerity. Do they still have girls on the roster, and are all of the players the kids of the school's founder/teacher/coach Josh Hall? If he can continue that school, maybe they go the route Piarist and David did and try to get into District play. I can imagine the district/region revenue could be a help for that school as it seems to rely on donations and prayers.
(02-24-2024, 06:35 PM)Blacksmith Wrote:

Both
#BBFL
[-] The following 1 user Likes Spud6's post:
  • Blacksmith
(02-25-2024, 02:39 AM)P. Fanning Wrote: Ligon Cogo. Perhaps the most interesting high school basketball team in the state. I say that with complete sincerity. Do they still have girls on the roster, and are all of the players the kids of the school's founder/teacher/coach Josh Hall? If he can continue that school, maybe they go the route Piarist and David did and try to get into District play. I can imagine the district/region revenue could be a help for that school as it seems to rely on donations and prayers.

Yes they have girls and it’s still ran by Josh Hall but I don’t know if it’s his kids that play in the team.
#BBFL
(02-25-2024, 10:03 AM)Spud6 Wrote:
(02-24-2024, 06:35 PM)Blacksmith Wrote:

Both
thanks I appreciate it
[-] The following 1 user Likes Blacksmith's post:
  • Spud6

I remember this happening...So the question is....Does coach slone coach in the first round of districts?  Who is making the determination? The game is played tomorrow.
(02-26-2024, 04:16 PM)Card2000 Wrote:

I remember this happening...So the question is....Does coach slone coach in the first round of districts?  Who is making the determination? The game is played tomorrow.

They are saying you can add games after the season started this year so he’ll be good to go now
#BBFL
(02-26-2024, 04:39 PM)Spud6 Wrote:
(02-26-2024, 04:16 PM)Card2000 Wrote:
(02-24-2024, 04:45 PM)Spud6 Wrote: Well I can tell you that those games won’t count towards their suspension because the games have to be served that were originally on the schedule when the season started.

They are saying you can add games after the season started this year so he’ll be good to go now
Good to hear, teams need to be at 100 come district time and not having a coach is a killer.
(02-25-2024, 02:39 AM)P. Fanning Wrote: Ligon Cogo. Perhaps the most interesting high school basketball team in the state. I say that with complete sincerity. Do they still have girls on the roster, and are all of the players the kids of the school's founder/teacher/coach Josh Hall? If he can continue that school, maybe they go the route Piarist and David did and try to get into District play. I can imagine the district/region revenue could be a help for that school as it seems to rely on donations and prayers.

I was there, only Coach Slone was thrown out of the game. Pretty bush league by the official. Slone argued a call, the guy called a technical and gave him the ole heave ho on his onlyt technical of the game. Pretty thin skinned official if you ask me, especially it being so late in the season and knowing he would have to sit out three games.
(02-28-2024, 02:58 PM)BigEd Wrote:

I was there, only Coach Slone was thrown out of the game. Pretty bush league by the official. Slone argued a call, the guy called a technical and gave him the ole heave ho on his onlyt technical of the game. Pretty thin skinned official if you ask me, especially it being so late in the season and knowing he would have to sit out three games.

Considering he got T'd up twice because he kept arguing the same call, a technical is a technical whether it is tournament time or pre-season.
Horrible to eject a coach in this time of year for from what I saw not to much besides words.
(02-28-2024, 03:51 PM)KyGymRat Wrote: Horrible to eject a coach in this time of year for from what I saw not to much besides words.

That is typically why coaches get ejected. Lol
[-] The following 1 user Likes Colonel4Life1999's post:
  • jetpilot