Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Leslie County- 44 Letcher County- 40
Final.

Letcher with a rash of turnovers late in the 4th that helped the Eagles complete the upset.
[-] The following 1 user Likes TheStickyBandit's post:
  • DaBulls
Leslie’s main guy was on the game to. Had to help some.
(02-21-2024, 10:54 AM)DukeBoy Wrote: Leslie’s main guy was on the game to.  Had to help some.

Duke,

That is kind of ironic coming from a fan of any team in Perry county lol. 

Definitely some calls that were questionable but no different then if you were playing at Perry, Hazard, Letcher, or anywhere else for that matter.
I got a chance to watch this one and I wont take anything away from Leslie. They had a game plan and they executed it and got a big win. They deserved to win. I will say that their game plan was to triple team Couch and "be physical" with her(a nice way to say foul) and hope that they had caught the cougars on a bad shooting night. Which they did. Several of the turnovers down the stretch were absolutely related in most cases to officiating in my opinion. I will not say that is why Leslie won though, they played a good game and the cougars just didn't make shots. I still think that Letcher, Knott and Owsley are my favorites to win the region but as last night shows anyone can lose on any given night. Should be a fun tournament.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DaBulls's post:
  • TheStickyBandit
I’m far from a Perry fan pal. Leslie’s main guy was on the game. Facts. Go watch some of Leslie’s games from the past season and see what a difference he makes for them. My favorites are Perry, Knott, Letcher, Owsley. Rest might as well drop out today.
(02-21-2024, 01:53 PM)DaBulls Wrote: I got a chance to watch this one and I wont take anything away from Leslie.  They had a game plan and they executed it and got a big win.    They deserved to win.    I will say that their game plan was to triple team Couch and "be physical" with her(a nice way to say foul) and hope that they had caught the cougars on a bad shooting night.  Which they did.    Several of the turnovers down the stretch were absolutely related in most cases to officiating in my opinion.  I will not say that is why Leslie won though,  they played a good game and the cougars just didn't make shots.    I still think that Letcher, Knott and Owsley are my favorites to win the region but as last night shows anyone can lose on any given night.  Should be a fun tournament.

No doubt. It was a great win for Eagles but they have their work cut our for them to be successful in the post season.

(02-21-2024, 02:30 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: I’m far from a Perry fan pal.  Leslie’s main guy was on the game.  Facts.  Go watch some of Leslie’s games from the past season and see what a difference he makes for them.  My favorites are Perry, Knott, Letcher, Owsley.  Rest might as well drop out today.

I watch almost every Leslie game so I do not have to go back and watch them... Every team you mentioned above has a "homecourt advantage" when they play in their home gym so your point is mute. 

I don't disagree that Perry, Knott, & Letcher are heavy favorites but any team can lose on any night, that is why the post season is so fun.
Sticky don’t take me to seriously. lol. Your right. Everyone has home court advantage. I was only joking when I said the others don’t need to show.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DukeBoy's post:
  • TheStickyBandit