Poll: Kentucky vs. Auburn (Who wins?)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Kentucky
50.00%
Auburn
50.00%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kentucky vs. Auburn Predictions/Updates/Discussion 2-17-24
The rich, nursing home crowd rules the roost at UK. They sit and do word search puzzles , fart, and shit their pants while taking up space in their ultra expensive lower arena seat. That's okay with jetpilot, though.

Are you sure?  That sounds more like the Corbin fanbase!
Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
(02-16-2024, 03:28 AM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(02-15-2024, 09:38 PM)Spud6 Wrote: Rupp sucks. Got folks in the lower arena reading books during the game and never even clapping

You are correct.  I've seen  a couple of folks knitting and others doing word search puzzles. As Spud said, Rupp sucks(it does and he did)!!!

Kyle Tucker
@KyleTucker_ATH
·
Feb 12
Rupp Arena was as good as I’ve seen/heard it for each of the last three games. That ain’t it.
Mitchell?
@cleky_
·
Feb 12
Replying to @KyleTucker_ATH
It’s because Rupp has turned into Rupp retirement home
(02-16-2024, 03:26 AM)RunItUpTheGut Wrote: Is cal still coach?

Then I’d bet on the other team.

Pearl coaching > Cal coaching
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • rookie57
I've never liked Pearl.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
(02-16-2024, 10:50 AM)Spud6 Wrote: I've never liked Pearl.

Me neither.
(02-15-2024, 05:15 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(02-15-2024, 04:54 PM)Wildcat_blue Wrote:
(02-15-2024, 03:55 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(02-15-2024, 12:17 PM)Wildcat_blue Wrote:
(02-15-2024, 12:07 PM)jetpilot Wrote: For the people who blame the fans and players and everyone but the guy being paid zillions to coach, Kyle Tucker said the atmosphere in Rupp was the best he had ever seen it in the 3 bad home losses.
Auburn has wealthy and old fans too.
If that is true how does 9,000 students at Duke have more appeal to younger athletes than 21,000 at Rupp?  Doesn’t make much sense does it and auburn has a very hard road environment!  Kids feed off crowds and home court advantage can easily give a team points on the board before the game starts.  Will they win you games, maybe but most like not, will it make you play harder absolutely IMO

Need to move all the rich old folks to the upper rafters (or to nursing homes) and let thousands of kids get crazy down close like at Duke.  First, they need to rename the Court, Cal's Court .
Just one game a year, just one, I would love to see a drawing for any Kentucky student attending a college in the state to be able to get tickets.  Just once lol, that would be incredible

The rich, nursing home crowd rules the roost at UK. They sit and do word search puzzles , fart, and shit their pants while taking up space in their ultra expensive lower arena seat. That's okay with jetpilot, though.

Where do you think the money comes from to pay our coach who can't beat anybody $100 gazillion?

[/url]

[Image: https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/132...normal.jpg]

Kyle Tucker

@KyleTucker_ATH

·
10h

Counterpoint: People in those seats have to donate like $100,000 to sit there, I think. They kinda fund the program.

[Image: https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/137...E_mini.jpg]

KentuckyHouse™ [Image: https://abs-0.twimg.com/emoji/v2/svg/1f3...-1f308.svg][Image: https://abs-0.twimg.com/emoji/v2/svg/1f33b.svg]

@KentuckyHouse
·
10h

Replying to @KyleTucker_ATH
Quick drawing of how Rupp is already set up to have students encircle the floor. One end is already the eRUPPtion Zone. Do the same on the other end, then use the 4 rows of pull out stands on the sidelines for students. Boom. Floor completely surrounded. Screw the blue hairs.

[url=https://twitter.com/KentuckyHouse/status/1758328368594837774/photo/1]
  • Cactus Jack
Those same old people that get complained about at Rupp are the same people that contribute more money than the rest of the entire fanbase combined.
They’re not going anywhere.
If you really want to change Rupp, you’ll have to completely renovate, add suites at mid level, and dramatically reduce overall capacity because Rupp simply isn’t big enough. I would personally be okay with that, but I doubt the brass would be willing to give up that attendance record every year and lose the money on the seats.
[-] The following 1 user Likes RunItUpTheGut's post:
  • Cactus Jack

[Image: https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/image...g&usqp=CAU]

(02-16-2024, 07:06 AM)Granny Bear Wrote: The rich, nursing home crowd rules the roost at UK. They sit and do word search puzzles , fart, and shit their pants while taking up space in their ultra expensive lower arena seat. That's okay with jetpilot, though.

Definitely an apt description of a majority of the Corbin fanbase. People with influence around town meddling in football matters.
2012 Lol
Not 1 thing in that bio + $7 will get you a crappy cup of Starbucks swill in college basketball in the year 2024, much less a win at Auburn.
  • RunItUpTheGut
(02-16-2024, 01:14 PM)jetpilot Wrote: 2012 Lol
Not 1 thing in that bio + $7 will get you a crappy cup of Starbucks swill in college basketball in the year 2024, much less a win at Auburn.

Cal's a Dunkin' Donuts guy
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
(02-16-2024, 12:49 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:

(02-16-2024, 07:06 AM)Granny Bear Wrote: The rich, nursing home crowd rules the roost at UK. They sit and do word search puzzles , fart, and shit their pants while taking up space in their ultra expensive lower arena seat. That's okay with jetpilot, though.

Definitely an apt description of a majority of the Corbin fanbase. People with influence around town meddling in football matters.

It probably isn't like this anymore.  I haven't been to a ballgame in a couple of years; I miss it too.  BUT back when I STAYED in the sports circuit, we used to joke about Corbin opening up the nursing homes on game day.  Do you remember the one guy with solid white hair that dressed in a bright red full suit with white starched shirt??  He was at all the Corbin basketball games for a few years.  Had he not been so tall, he would've been a dead ringer for Colonel Sanders.
(02-16-2024, 12:09 PM)RunItUpTheGut Wrote: Those same old people that get complained about at Rupp are the same people that contribute more money than the rest of the entire fanbase combined.
They’re not going anywhere.
If you really want to change Rupp, you’ll have to completely renovate, add suites at mid level, and dramatically reduce overall capacity because Rupp simply isn’t big enough. I would personally be okay with that, but I doubt the brass would be willing to give up that attendance record every year and lose the money on the seats.

This is the answer.

Don't know how feasible it is, but a lot of pro venues are now moving toward additional premium seating/boxes that are floorside and/or have perks like access to the player's entrance "tunnels", dedicated entrances, premium dining, and the like.

Logistically, Rupp may be stuck (or at least very limited) when it comes to adding boxes, most likely due to financing. I say that because I think if these were feasible and could ultimately increase revenue, they'd have made those changes yesterday.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Cactus Jack's post:
  • RunItUpTheGut
Yeah, Rupp just isn’t configured in a way where a lot of changes like that are feasible. Having been to the Yum Center and Gainbridge Fieldhouse (the Pacers arena) in the last few months I can promise you Rupp doesn’t even come close. Those are palaces and still seat in the high teens of thousands without there being hardly any bad seats, even in the upper levels. Rupp will be 50 years old soon, it’s just not up to the standards of the newer arenas, but I doubt we will see a new venue in the foreseeable future.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Van Hagar's post:
  • Cactus Jack
Spread opened 8.5 quickly went to 9.5.

I would like to see Sheppard, Dillingham, Reeves, Wagner 30 minutes
Ugo 20 minutes, Burks 12 minutes
Rotate whomever the rest of minutes

Almost no scenario UK wins this game. Roll the dice and let 'em play.
Is Mitchell officially out? You never get any info on our injuries.
(02-16-2024, 02:31 PM)Granny Bear Wrote:
(02-16-2024, 12:49 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:

It probably isn't like this anymore.  I haven't been to a ballgame in a couple of years; I miss it too.  BUT back when I STAYED in the sports circuit, we used to joke about Corbin opening up the nursing homes on game day.  Do you remember the one guy with solid white hair that dressed in a bright red full suit with white starched shirt??  He was at all the Corbin basketball games for a few years.  Had he not been so tall, he would've been a dead ringer for Colonel Sanders.

Granny, I'm pretty sure you are thinking of Buddy Martin. He was always at the games,  decked out in all red.  Good guy. A bit eccentric, but a good guy. Extremely loyal Redhound fan. Sadly, he passed away in 2020.

You're probably right, but that name doesn't register with me. I talked to him more than a few times. I thought he was a little crazy but he sure had passion for his team!! He was a very interesting fellow.
That's him!!!  I just looked up his obituary.  He introduced himself to me as Henry.

Now all you guys get back on topic!!!!!

Wink Wink
(02-17-2024, 06:52 AM)Granny Bear Wrote: That's him!!!  I just looked up his obituary.  He introduced himself to me as Henry.

Now all you guys get back on topic!!!!!

Wink Wink

Yep , everyone called him Buddy.  I don't know if BGR fans remember the big kid who played for Knox Central a few years back(Nick Martin). Really, really good player. Buddy was Nick's granddaddy. I would tell Buddy when I saw him, "tell Nick to move down here and live with you and become a Redhound."  lol
I remember Nick Martin very well. My oldest played against him. He was a fantastic player!
(02-17-2024, 09:22 AM)Granny Bear Wrote: I remember Nick Martin very well.  My oldest played against him.  He was a fantastic player!

Yes, he was. I really liked his game.  Always hoped he'd become a Redhound. Hounds could have been special with Nick and Andrew Taylor on the court together.
Pearl waiting on Sucky Cal to give him a beatdown. Auburn 92-83.
(02-16-2024, 05:34 PM)I Van Hagar Wrote: Yeah, Rupp just isn’t configured in a way where a lot of changes like that are feasible. Having been to the Yum Center and Gainbridge Fieldhouse (the Pacers arena) in the last few months I can promise you Rupp doesn’t even come close. Those are palaces and still seat in the high teens of thousands without there being hardly any bad seats, even in the upper levels. Rupp will be 50 years old soon, it’s just not up to the standards of the newer arenas, but I doubt we will see a new venue in the foreseeable future.
If you take away the top 6-7 rows in the lower level then boxes are easily available around the whole arena.  Doesn’t take much at all to me!  What you’re loosing out of those 6-7 rows you will gain easily once rented out to people/companies across the state.  Rupp inside needs a facelift!  Take the bottom 10 rows that they can move (for events to open floor) and make students on each side!  Not hard fellas.  Make two rows of floors seats and charge a billion in front of the students etc.
(02-17-2024, 12:24 PM)Axel Foley Wrote: Pearl waiting on Sucky Cal to give him a beatdown. Auburn 92-83.

Cal's only sucky because of "Knees."  Get over it !   My guy ain't going nowhere until he damn well wants to.
Love how Pearl said players win you championships coaches get you there! Very true and I am not a Pearl fan any way what so ever!
(02-17-2024, 01:18 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(02-17-2024, 12:24 PM)Axel Foley Wrote: Pearl waiting on Sucky Cal to give him a beatdown. Auburn 92-83.

Cal's only sucky because of "Knees."  Get over it !   My guy ain't going nowhere until he damn well wants to.

Telling people to get over losing is the worst.
(02-17-2024, 02:29 PM)jetpilot Wrote:

Kentucky's done nothing but win with Cal(about a 78% clip). They are a winning program. Stop pretending it's a lower tier program. No one believes that.
(02-17-2024, 01:08 PM)Wildcat_blue Wrote:
(02-16-2024, 05:34 PM)I Van Hagar Wrote: Yeah, Rupp just isn’t configured in a way where a lot of changes like that are feasible. Having been to the Yum Center and Gainbridge Fieldhouse (the Pacers arena) in the last few months I can promise you Rupp doesn’t even come close. Those are palaces and still seat in the high teens of thousands without there being hardly any bad seats, even in the upper levels. Rupp will be 50 years old soon, it’s just not up to the standards of the newer arenas, but I doubt we will see a new venue in the foreseeable future.
If you take away the top 6-7 rows in the lower level then boxes are easily available around the whole arena.  Doesn’t take much at all to me!  What you’re loosing out of those 6-7 rows you will gain easily once rented out to people/companies across the state.  Rupp inside needs a facelift!  Take the bottom 10 rows that they can move (for events to open floor) and make students on each side!  Not hard fellas.  Make two rows of floors seats and charge a billion in front of the students etc.

If you were to take away 17 rows of the lower level you'd have removed over half the seating. Not to mention the possible concerns with structural integrity and retrofitting costs.
(02-17-2024, 05:00 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(02-17-2024, 02:29 PM)jetpilot Wrote:

Kentucky's done nothing but win with Cal(about a 78% clip). They are a winning program. Stop pretending it's a lower tier program. No one believes that.
Mid-tier. Fact. Get the 2012 stuff out of the bio and irrelevant NBA crap and Final 4s from back when players wore socks up to their knees and you got total mediocrity.
RDilly's ready for business :

[/url]Big Blue Carti

@BBCBurner_
[url=https://twitter.com/BBCBurner_]
·
5h

Auburn Guard Aden Holloway on freshman Rob Dillingham:

“I don’t know if we can stop him, he is a monster. He walked into our locker room went straight up to me and said “Strap in, you’re in for a long one tonight. Welcome to the f***ing show.” And then he turned around and left.