Poll: Kentucky vs. Auburn (Who wins?)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Kentucky
50.00%
Auburn
50.00%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kentucky vs. Auburn Predictions/Updates/Discussion 2-17-24
It’s funny, I was just getting ready to post that I’m thinking for some crazy reason today is a day when either Reeves or Dillingham goes off for 35 or so, and we pull out a shocker and get back in the mix for the regular season title. UK 86-84.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Van Hagar's post:
  • Cactus Jack
(02-17-2024, 05:49 PM)He Cactus Jack Wrote:
(02-17-2024, 01:08 PM)Wildcat_blue Wrote:
(02-16-2024, 05:34 PM)I Van Hagar Wrote: Yeah, Rupp just isn’t configured in a way where a lot of changes like that are feasible. Having been to the Yum Center and Gainbridge Fieldhouse (the Pacers arena) in the last few months I can promise you Rupp doesn’t even come close. Those are palaces and still seat in the high teens of thousands without there being hardly any bad seats, even in the upper levels. Rupp will be 50 years old soon, it’s just not up to the standards of the newer arenas, but I doubt we will see a new venue in the foreseeable future.
If you take away the top 6-7 rows in the lower level then boxes are easily available around the whole arena.  Doesn’t take much at all to me!  What you’re loosing out of those 6-7 rows you will gain easily once rented out to people/companies across the state.  Rupp inside needs a facelift!  Take the bottom 10 rows that they can move (for events to open floor) and make students on each side!  Not hard fellas.  Make two rows of floors seats and charge a billion in front of the students etc.

If you were to take away 17 rows of the lower level you'd have removed over half the seating. Not to mention the possible concerns with structural integrity and retrofitting costs.
Yep, do you think 3 rows of premium seats with first class service could make up that with a little from students, etc.
The Cats have started off well but I do not like the lineup that has been in the last two minutes I hope at this under 4 timeout that Cal gets Thiero and Edwards back in the game.

A very good half for the Cats. I think this first 4 minutes of the 2nd half will be big, if they can withstand the first 4 minutes I like their chances.
The Cats led 59-48 with 7:30 to play.

Auburn trying to make a run it is 74-64 with 3:10 to play.
Best game they’ve played all year. Probably too little too late. Auburn uncharacteristically played awful but it was a good win.
Fire Cal.
We showed something tonight we haven’t shown all year. THAT Kentucky team could go a long way. As much fun as 90-80 games are, you are always just one bad shooting night away from your season being over. But if you can play some physical, tough defense…..that seems to travel better. Get the win at LSU next and Rupp will be on fire for Alabama next Saturday.
Cats played physical tonight, really surprised how much they fought! Great win
(02-17-2024, 10:38 PM)RunItUpTheGut Wrote: Best game they’ve played all year. Probably too little too late. Auburn uncharacteristically played awful but it was a good win.

What in the hell are you talking about, HBK?   Too little too late FOR WHAT?  They have as good a chance as any one of 15 teams to win a national title.

(02-17-2024, 10:41 PM)plantmanky Wrote: Fire Cal.

Lovely...  SMGDH