Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chiefs 25 49ers 22 (OT) Super Bowl LVIII
Final a heck of game!

Guys I am a Burrow guy and a big time Bengals homer but like him or not it is undeniable that now Mahomes has had the greatest start to a NFL career than anyone in the history of the NFL. He has played 6 seasons he has won his division all 6 years he has been in the AFC title game all 6 seasons. He is now 15-3 all-time in the playoffs he has been to 4 Super Bowls winning 3 of them with 3 Super Bowl MVP's and 2 regular season MVP's. He has 103.5 career regular season passer rating and he has an even better 105.8 playoff passer rating. He has the 1st and 2nd most touchdowns in a post season 10 in 2018 in 3 games and the record of 11 in 2021 in also 3 games. He has rushed for 524 yards for an average of 5.8 a carry and that includes kneel downs. Finally, he has the highest yards per game average for his career in NFL history.
Oh, I don’t dispute Mahomes’ greatness. And he has been in the perfect spot with Andy Reid as his head coach. But I’m ready for it to end. I pray that Joe can have a healthy year next year and the Bengals (or somebody) can change the narrative a little. Joe is 3-1 all-time head-to-head vs. Pat, but he’ll never be able to match the postseason numbers Mahomes has produced.
PSA: If you missed the last part of the game last night (fell asleep, etc), here's how you can see it.

NBC premiered a new show after the Super Bowl. The name is Tracker. I recorded it because it sounded good and I knew I'd never be awake when it came on. Well, instead of the new show, I recorded the last 5 minutes of the game AND all of overtime. lol Sooooo, if you want to re-live the hype, go to NBC on demand and search for Tracker.
Instead of watching the trash that is the NFL, I took a knee and protested.
Goodell and his goons always get what they want. This year he got a close competitive game , overtime, and the State Farm Chiefs coming out on top. Plus, I'm sure he won a bundle on the outcome. I went to Wendys and then fed my cats instead of watching the predictable folly that is the National Fraud League.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • Westside
(02-12-2024, 09:40 AM)Granny Bear Wrote: PSA: If you missed the last part of the game last night (fell asleep, etc), here's how you can see it.

NBC premiered a new show after the Super Bowl. The name is Tracker. I recorded it because it sounded good and I knew I'd never be awake when it came on. Well, instead of the new show, I recorded the last 5 minutes of the game AND all of overtime. lol Sooooo, if you want to re-live the hype, go to NBC on demand and search for Tracker.

I feel ya Granny Bear. It almost happened that way for me too. Me and the missus were fired up for Tracker as well, we’ve been big Justin Hartley fans all the way back to his Young and Restless days, and this seems like an interesting premise for a show. Luckily, as I was cursing the tv screen as the Chiefs won, it dawned on me how far over the time had gone, so I wound up taping what should have been the Stephen Colbert Show and whatever was on after that, so I think we’ve got it, will try to watch it tonight.

I did watch every second of the coverage from 6 o’clock on, couldn’t help myself I was like an addict in need of a fix. I thought the ads were by and large uninspired (I did get a chuckle out of the ATV one, where everyone, including Stone Cold Steve Austin, got mullets). I thought Reba’s national anthem was just fine, but nothing jaw dropping. I thought Post Malone’s rendition of America the Beautiful was awful. And I thought Usher’s halftime show was probably really good if you are into his music, (I’m not), the dude moves well and it was well staged. Just not my style of music, although I do like Alicia Keys, she’s an outstanding singer.

As one more aside, and OSH will love this one, do you know Mahomes’ wife is gonna be the SI swimsuit issue cover girl? I never thought she was all that pretty, but I’ve gotta admit, check out her cover photo. Not too shabby. I mean, when that family poops, apparently ears of actually golden corn must grow out of it.
Mahomes’ wife is gonna be the SI swimsuit issue cover girl?

I thought last month that SI was closing up shop and no longer putting out the magazine @Van Hagar ? I was not sure they would still have it with them laying off their entire staff 3 weeks ago. They know this is the biggest money maker for them now every year so maybe they will.
(02-12-2024, 01:26 PM)Van Hagar Wrote:
(02-12-2024, 09:40 AM)Granny Bear Wrote: PSA:  If you missed the last part of the game last night (fell asleep, etc), here's how you can see it.

NBC premiered a new show after the Super Bowl.  The name is Tracker.  I recorded it because it sounded good and I knew I'd never be awake when it came on.  Well, instead of the new show, I recorded the last 5 minutes of the game AND all of overtime.  lol  Sooooo, if you want to re-live the hype, go to NBC on demand and search for Tracker.

I feel ya Granny Bear. It almost happened that way for me too.  Me and the missus were fired up for Tracker as well, we’ve been big Justin Hartley fans all the way back to his Young and Restless days, and this seems like an interesting premise for a show. Luckily, as I was cursing the tv screen as the Chiefs won, it dawned on me how far over the time had gone, so I wound up taping what should have been the Stephen Colbert Show and whatever was on after that, so I think we’ve got it, will try to watch it tonight.

I did watch every second of the coverage from 6 o’clock on, couldn’t help myself I was like an addict in need of a fix. I thought the ads were by and large uninspired (I did get a chuckle out of the ATV one, where everyone, including Stone Cold Steve Austin, got mullets). I thought Reba’s national anthem was just fine, but nothing jaw dropping. I thought Post Malone’s rendition of America the Beautiful was awful. And I thought Usher’s halftime show was probably really good if you are into his music, (I’m not), the dude moves well and it was well staged. Just not my style of music, although I do like Alicia Keys, she’s an outstanding singer.

As one more aside, and OSH will love this one, do you know Mahomes’ wife is gonna be the SI swimsuit issue cover girl? I never thought she was all that pretty, but I’ve gotta admit, check out her cover photo. Not too shabby. I mean, when that family poops, apparently ears of actually golden corn must grow out of it.
I actually anticipated that the game would go over time limit, so after I set up the Tracker recording, I also added the next program which turned out to be the news.  lol  It was only half an hour, so I got about 70% of Tracker.  It was good, and that's why I searched on demand.  I figured that would show all of the program, but it did not!!  It's a super bowl production!
I loved Reba's rendition of the National Anthem.  Post Malone was distracting to me because he kept reminding me of Sasquatch.  And in my opinion ONLY, the best part of Usher's half time show was Alicia Keyes.  All Usher did was skate.  He couldn't even lip synch properly.
There is a netflix program that was done on three quarterbacks.  Mahones was one of them.  This was back during his first years.  I thought she was stunning back then.
(02-12-2024, 02:21 PM)16BBall Fan Wrote: Mahomes’ wife is gonna be the SI swimsuit issue cover girl?

I thought last month that SI was closing up shop and no longer putting out the magazine @Van Hagar ? I was not sure they would still have it with them laying off their entire staff 3 weeks ago. They know this is the biggest money maker for them now every year so maybe they will.

Google Brittany Mahomes SI cover photo. And enjoy.
[-] The following 2 users Like Van Hagar's post:
  • 16BBall Fan, Granny Bear
Is Mahommes now the 2nd greatest QB already at the age of 28?
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
What do you guys think of the interaction between Kelce and Reid?

I've heard lots of folks talk about this. Reid said that he wasn't shoved or hit, just startled at Kelce's approach. He also said that he encouraged the players to be outspoken and honest about their feelings. Reid further said that Kelce had a ton of passion for football and he admired that very much. There was zero animosity in Reid's response. I thought this was all bull crap, but Mahonnes said the exact same thing in a post game interview while he was still on the field. Said he was so grateful to Reid because he allowed him just to be him.

That all may very well be true, but the confrontation bothered me. I think Reid was being a gentleman and played the incident down a lot. I really don't like the way Kelce approached Reid, and the following interaction. I would've slapped the shit out of him, and then I would be dead.
(02-13-2024, 08:36 AM)Granny Bear Wrote: What do you guys think of the interaction between Kelce and Reid?

I've heard lots of folks talk about this.  Reid said that he wasn't shoved or hit, just startled at Kelce's approach.  He also said that he encouraged the players to be outspoken and honest about their feelings.  Reid further said that Kelce had a ton of passion for football and he admired that very much.  There was zero animosity in Reid's response.  I thought this was all bull crap, but Mahonnes said the exact same thing in a post game interview while he was still on the field.  Said he was so grateful to Reid because he allowed him just to be him.

That all may very well be true, but the confrontation bothered me.  I think Reid was being a gentleman and played the incident down a lot.  I really don't like the way Kelce approached Reid, and the following interaction.  I would've slapped the shit out of him, and then I would be dead.

I think Kelce is a giant douche and I think Taylor will be writing a song about him in a year or two talking about just what a prick he is.
I think looking at it as a HS Coach it’s a terrible look for my players to see how he talked to his head coach. But something I think folks forget is that Kelce is a 34 year old grown man and pissed off he got taken out of the biggest game of the year and the guy who replaced him his missed block is what lead to the fumble. So I don’t know really how to feel about it because idk their relationship and it seems like they have a good one
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
They DO seem like they have a good relationship; however, I could forgive a high school student being young and naive much quicker than I could forgive a 34 year old man doing this kind of thing. If that's how he handles himself when he's pissed off, Taylor might be carrying an ass whooping one of these days.
(02-13-2024, 11:16 AM)Spud6 Wrote: I think looking at it as a HS Coach it’s a terrible look for my players to see how he talked to his head coach. But something I think folks forget is that Kelce is a 34 year old grown man and pissed off he got taken out of the biggest game of the year and the guy who replaced him his missed block is what lead to the fumble. So I don’t know really how to feel about it because idk their relationship and it seems like they have a good one

This right here, its the pros, game has a totally different demeaner than an amateur game.
From the Kansas City Star:

Several people have been shot after gunfire erupted during the Kansas City Chiefs’ Super Bowl victory rally Wednesday, a police spokesman said. “At the conclusion of the rally there were shots fired west of Union Station near the garage and several people were struck,” said Capt. Jake Becchina, a spokesman for the Kansas City Police Department. Officers have detained two-armed people for more investigation, Becchina said.

Very sad!
That IS sad!! I hadn't heard one thing about this. So sorry it happened.

That's what I get for not watching any news these days.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Granny Bear's post:
  • 16BBall Fan