Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wrestlemania XL
Man Wrestlemania has the potential to a good one! And the possible storylines!
Really speaks to WWE's depth that they can lose CM Punk, Brock Lesnar, and Seth Rollins all within a short time and still be able to book a competent Wrestlemania. I've lapsed after the Royal Rumble, but will try to catch up soon.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Cactus Jack's post:
  • Bluecat
Went to Raw last night at Rupp and it was a great show. The storylines are definitely heating up before Elimination Chamber and headed into Wrestlemania.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bluecat's post:
  • Cactus Jack
(02-13-2024, 04:06 PM)Bluecat Wrote: Went to Raw last night at Rupp and it was a great show. The storylines are definitely heating up before Elimination Chamber and headed into Wrestlemania.

Nice! How was the experience?
(02-14-2024, 03:01 AM)Cactus Jack Wrote:
(02-13-2024, 04:06 PM)Bluecat Wrote: Went to Raw last night at Rupp and it was a great show. The storylines are definitely heating up before Elimination Chamber and headed into Wrestlemania.

It was awesome. I had been to some house shows, but this was my first Big one. Much better in person and the crowd was awesome.
  • Cactus Jack
(02-14-2024, 10:04 AM)Bluecat Wrote:
(02-14-2024, 03:01 AM)Cactus Jack Wrote:

It was awesome. I had been to some house shows, but this was my first Big one. Much better in person and the crowd was awesome.

Raw is coming to my city in the next few months. Arena is much smaller than Rupp. I'm trying to figure out the hard-cam side and see if I can get in for cheap-- tickets aren't really moving for whatever reason and you can get in the door for $20 in an arena that only seats around 18K for a basketball game. I've always heard people say that you want to sit on the side that the hard-cam is on because all of the action is going to be facing you, whereas if you are on the other side, you are going to be seeing a lot of the performer's backs if it's a TV taping. Any advice on figuring out which side I'd be on would be greatly appreciated.

Went to an AEW taping recently and was really glad to get to check some guys like FTR and Malakai Black off my list, but it was pretty dead. Just not a lot of people and they were trying to get everyone to move around to fill seats. The ROH portion was pretty cool though-- it was the 4th and 5th hour of the show and people were leaving in droves, so we got to go just outside the floor on the hard-cam side for about an hour; most of the performers were still trying to make a name for themselves and just seemed hungrier.
If you are using ticketmaster you should be able to see the layout. Although a lot of the action shots are on the hard camera side, seemed to be pretty evenly spread out. They have cameras everywhere. I didn't realize how many they used for the live shows. We was facing the cameras and saw plenty.
  • Cactus Jack
(02-15-2024, 09:58 AM)Bluecat Wrote: If you are using ticketmaster you should be able to see the layout. Although a lot of the action shots are on the hard camera side, seemed to be pretty evenly spread out. They have cameras everywhere. I didn't realize how many they used for the live shows. We was facing the cameras and saw plenty.

How can you tell the hard cam side based on the layout?
If you can tell where the wrestlers are coming out, the cameras will be on the right side of that in the center. They will usually block that center section. Hope that helps lol. I'm not too good at directions lol.
  • Cactus Jack
(02-17-2024, 10:30 AM)Bluecat Wrote: If you can tell where the wrestlers are coming out, the cameras will be on the right side of that in the center. They will usually block that center section. Hope that helps lol. I'm not too good at directions lol.

Makes sense. This is in an NBA arena and has very small sections (only 6 or so rows in the hard cam area), and they've already released tickets for all of the uppers, so I'm already late to the party. I appreciate the help though and think that you are right.
Now that Elimination Chamber is over we know we are getting the following matches.
Seth Vs Drew
Cody Vs Roman
Bayley Vs Iyo
Becky Vs Rhea

Potential matches:
Logan Paul Vs Orton (Wouldn't be surprised to see a few added to this match for US Title)
LA Knight Vs Styles (IF they don't get added to US Title match)
Jimmy Vs Jey
Cody/Seth Vs Rock/Roma
Gunther Vs ???
Judgement Day Vs ??? (Tag Team Championship)
Kabuki Warriors Vs ??? (Tag Team Championship)

I am sure we will have some more storylines created at some point
  • Cactus Jack
Hopefully Judgement Day defends against Miz and R-Truth!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Colonel4Life1999's post:
  • Bluecat
(02-26-2024, 12:05 PM)Colonel4Life1999 Wrote: Hopefully Judgement Day defends against Miz and R-Truth!
I could see this. They have been doing a lot with Truth and J-Day. Awesome Truth against Judgment Day would be good.
Heard that Brock's spot in the Rumble was given to Breaker and the original plan was for him to work a program with Dominick Mysterio.

Can see them shifting from that to something with Gunther and Dom. Caught part of RAW and saw that they'd also teased Zayn as well.
(02-29-2024, 02:15 AM)Cactus Jack Wrote: Heard that Brock's spot in the Rumble was given to Breaker and the original plan was for him to work a program with Dominick Mysterio.

Can see them shifting from that to something with Gunther and Dom. Caught part of RAW and saw that they'd also teased Zayn as well.
I watched a little as well and Gunther threw out some names. Wouldn't surprise me to see either a 3-4 way to see who takes on Gunther or have a4-5 way for the title at Mani. He mentioned Miz, Sami, Dom of course came out, Truth. I could see Breaker being added as well and maybe another name or two. 

Same scenario with the US championship.
  • Cactus Jack
Nice looking card as of now
Seth/Cody Vs Rock/Roman
Jey Vs Jimmy
LA Knight Vs AJ Styles
Iyo Vs Bailey Women's Title Match
Gunther Vs Sammy IC Title Match
Roman Vs Cody Universal Title Match
6 Pack Ladder Match Tag Team Match for Titles
Seth Vs Drew WH Title Match
Logan Vs Owens VS Orton 3 way US Title Match
Rhea Vs Becky Women's WH Title Match

Maybe a few more added but this isn't bad at all
Not a bad card. Anything to distract from Kentucky and the NCAA Tournament is going to be welcome.

What are your predictions for the main events?

I'll mark out if Tama Tonga is somehow involved, regardless of however unlikely it is that this happens.
(03-25-2024, 06:16 PM)Cactus Jack Wrote: Not a bad card. Anything to distract from Kentucky and the NCAA Tournament is going to be welcome.

What are your predictions for the main events?

I'll mark out if Tama Tonga is somehow involved, regardless of however unlikely it is that this happens.
My thoughts which doesn't mean much lol, but 
I feel Roman and Rock beat Seth and Cody which will open the Night Main Event as anything goes. IMO I feel like it being anything goes is how Cody wins. I think the Rock costs Roman the title somehow. 

I think Jey beats Jimmy. Not sure what this will lead to afterwards. 

LA Knight and AJ Styles could go either way but I think Knight wins and will lead up to his eventually title run (not sure what title yet, US maybe)

I feel Bayley will beat Ito for the title. Look for Bianca and Naomi to help her because of Damage Control.

Gunther will beat Sammy which will lead Sammy into some tailspin. Possibly a future MITB winner. Speaking of MITB I could see Priest trying to cash in during Wrestlemania but unsuccessfully. 

I think Drew beats Seth and will lead to a Drew/CM Punk feud. 

As bad as I hate to say it I think Logan retains against KO and Orton. 

Rhea will retain against Becky.

Oh I have no idea who wins the tag team 6 pack match but I do feel Judgment Day loses
What's the best way to catch up on everything going in to Wrestlemania in under an hour?

I know that the preshows are basically movie trailer quality, but the shows themselves are already long enough as is.
Peacock has a show that gives weekly updates. Can't think of the name of it but they do a good job.
  • Cactus Jack
Night 1.

Rhea retained over Becky

Ongoing: 6 pack/tag team ladder match for tag titles
Tag titles are split up. 

A-Town down win smack down tag titles

Awesome Truth win Raw tag titles (R-Truth grabbed the titles for his team)
Awesome start to Mania so far.
Tag match is next. 

Andrade/Rey Mysterio vs. Dominik Mysterio/Santos Escobar
Jason Kelce and Lane Johnson of the Eagles help Rey and Andrade win.
Jey Uso gets a live entrance performance by Lil Weezie or whoever he is  

Jey vs Jimmy
(04-06-2024, 09:20 PM)Strikeout King Wrote: Tag match is next. 

Match didn't do much for me. Was expecting a Carlito turn.
Jey defeats Jimmy with spear and USO splash. Yeet. Day oneish.
(04-06-2024, 09:43 PM)Bluecat Wrote:
(04-06-2024, 09:20 PM)Strikeout King Wrote: Tag match is next. 

Match didn't do much for me. Was expecting a Carlito turn.

yeah. I’m in same boat. Surprised no heel or baby face turns so far.
Up next: Damage CNTL vs. Naomi, Bianca Belair and Jade Cargill