Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Lewis County football coach.
Dalton Stamm is the new football coach at Lewis County. He's a great kid. My son played against when he was at Russell.  Then they became friends at the Allstar game. I even played flag football with him. They made a great hire.
[-] The following 1 user Likes RLOCC's post:
  • Bull got out!
He’ll eat sleep and breathe it to get it right

If they’re patient with him
Congratulations!!!!
Guy is very committed to all things Lewis Co. was a solid football player in HS but an absolute freak in the weight room. While I don’t see Lewis being “on the map” any time soon. He can definitely turn things around in the weight room and with the culture of doing things the right way in Vanceburg. Best of luck.
Congrats. He will do well at Lewis!
Love this for my buddy and the program. Played with Dalton when he was a freshman and he’s always been a guy that lives his life through Lewis County football. He won’t rest until he’s built a respectable program. Hate that he’s inheriting a less than ideal situation though with QB Ayden Cooper and WR Jaxon Rister both transferring to Raceland.
It sucks that this stuff goes on every year and nothing is ever done about it.
Is Puente staying at LC?

Him and Cooper torched Prestonsburg secondary last season.
People are always gonna leave your programs when you struggle.. Just as many leave your program when you become successful these days... But it just doesnt matter as much when you have instilled a culture and system of winning.
Yes, you are correct SPY. And I know all the arguments for and against transfers have been worn out on here. I have thought about it a lot. I think people ought to be free to do what they want, and I get that totally. A lot can be said about tax dollars and educating students who don’t pay taxes within a district.

BUT….. the fix would be to abolish sports in schools altogether. Make sports a community/club activity. Then, no tax money would be spent on it; we wouldn’t have to worry about a corrupt organization like KHSAA unfairly enforcing (or not) it’s policies and rules; and principals and school administrators would lose 50% or more of their headaches from dealing with disgruntled parents!!????

Back on topic- Did Peterson just decide to leave Lewis County? What happened with him there? I thought there was excitement that Lewis might have the kind of talent coming up to fit his system and turn it around?
Is the other Cooper related to the QB that transferred?
(03-12-2024, 09:22 PM)ROTC Wrote: It sucks that this stuff goes on every year and nothing is ever done about it.
For the kids from Lewis to go to Raceland feasibly their families would need to move simply because of distance.  The closest parts of Lewis County are 45 minutes away from Raceland and the furthest reaches are over an hour away.
I was referring to the use of the word “transfer” not any kind of unsolicited legitimate move.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ROTC's post:
  • Orange Blaze
(03-16-2024, 02:53 PM)ROTC Wrote: I was referring to the use of the word “transfer” not any kind of unsolicited legitimate move.
My feelings about transfers are mixed.  On the one hand I get wanting to have the best opportunities and sometimes other places have good opportunities.  

On the other hand I was someone who went to the same school system K-12 and am proud to say that I was part of a team that won a state title on a team that was composed completely of kids living in our school district.  That part of me doesn’t like the idea of transferring because I’ve seen first hand that you can win with your homegrown kids if the talent and systems are right.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Orange Blaze's post:
  • ROTC
My problem with the transfer conversation is people only talk about student athletes that transfer. Some like to argue the fact that one pays taxes to a school but the kid goes to another district. This would be a fair argument but once again…it’s only about student athletes. 100 kids to transfer into Raceland ,or any other school for that matter, but nobody wants to talk about that. They only wanna talk about the student athlete that transfers so to me it’s nothing more than people crying cause a kid doesn’t wanna play for their program. You are either a program that gets transfers or loses transfers. If you don’t wanna lose kids make your program better.
[-] The following 1 user Likes RAMDAD50's post:
  • Bull got out!
You win some, you lose some. Transfers shouldn't even be a topic for discussion....as long as it's just not about great athletes. If schools are consistent and accept the kid that has a history of disciplinary problems, is not academically talented, and/or doesn't play sports then I don't have a problem. If schools pick and choose who they accept in order to save transfer spots for athletes then it's wrong. The average kid usually transfers for geographic reasons. If Raceland for example (I'm not implying this is happening), denies a student in Wurtland who lives three minutes from Raceland High School and then accepts a couple of athletes from Lewis County then it's wrong. It just is. Unfortunately, in order to keep the numbers needed to stay in a certain classification, I suspect this happens at schools across the state quite a bit. But I don't know, since retiring I'm just another idiot on the outside looking in.
(03-18-2024, 10:14 AM)i82much Wrote: You win some, you lose some. Transfers shouldn't even be a topic for discussion....as long as it's just not about great athletes. If schools are consistent and accept the kid that has a history of disciplinary problems, is not academically talented, and/or doesn't play sports then I don't have a problem. If schools pick and choose who they accept in order to save transfer spots for athletes then it's wrong. The average kid usually transfers for geographic reasons. If Raceland for example (I'm not implying this is happening), denies a student in Wurtland who lives three minutes from Raceland High School and then accepts a couple of athletes from Lewis County then it's wrong. It just is. Unfortunately, in order to keep the numbers needed to stay in a certain classification, I suspect this happens at schools across the state quite a bit. But I don't know, since retiring I'm just another idiot on the outside looking in.
I don’t believe Raceland is anywhere close to moving up a class. I agree ….this would be wrong. I had a certain principle from Fairview tell me while I was in his office that he would be a fool to turn down 4 thousand dollars no matter what a kid has done or the reason for transferring. I laughed cause that idiot was already a well known fool but that’s a different conversation. If there was no high school sports nobody would ever talk about kids transferring. I think why it’s such a big topic in Kentucky has to do with the lack of quality football programs in each class. You have maybe 5 that are worth anything and the rest are horrible. Why wouldn’t a kid want to play for a better team? I believe we’ve crated this issue with having two to many classes
[-] The following 1 user Likes RAMDAD50's post:
  • i82much
Are the Coldirons out recruiting again? More videos coming. But on a serious note if I was from Lewis County I would much rather my son for a coach like Dalton then Sammons.