Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UK vs the VOLS 2/3/24
Well, this is a game Calapari MIGHT not get out coached, but my money will still be on Barnes. I hate Tennessee, and losing to them sucks, I’m expecting to not be in a good mood tomorrow night, I sure hope I’m wrong!
[-] The following 1 user Likes rookie57's post:
  • Granny Bear
Both coming off upset losses (if you can call them upsets)! I think the Cats bounce back. Seems this team plays to the level of their competition.
I think our Cats will get the Dub!!! It won't be easy but Barnes is on the opposing bench and that makes me feel good. The Cats come out determined and get it done, imo. As Forrest Gump would say, UT is "like a box of chocolates." You just never know what you're gonna get with them. Hopefully, tonight we'll get that really awful bitter tasting one with the terrible orange creme inside. Coach Cal handled his old friend, Barnes, twice last season. We destroyed them at home and then handled them in Knoxville, as well.
Barnes has won more games than Cal the last 6 years. Also before those 2 wins last year some are bragging about, Cal was 3-5 vs Barnes in an 8 game span. So I wouldn’t be making too much fun of Barnes right now.
(02-03-2024, 12:18 PM)jetpilot Wrote: Barnes has won more games than Cal the last 6 years. Also before those 2 wins last year some are bragging about, Cal was 3-5 vs Barnes in an 8 game span.

Put your disdain for us Swifties aside and root like the dickens for Cal and these boys in blue. They're a fun group to watch, aside from their aversion to playing defense. At the end of the day, this season has been fun and sport is all about fun.
(02-03-2024, 12:26 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(02-03-2024, 12:18 PM)jetpilot Wrote: Barnes has won more games than Cal the last 6 years. Also before those 2 wins last year some are bragging about, Cal was 3-5 vs Barnes in an 8 game span.

Put your disdain for us Swifties aside and root like the dickens for Cal and these boys in blue. They're a fun group to watch, aside from their aversion to playing defense. At the end of the day, this season has been fun and sport is all about fun.
WTH does Swift have to do with anything Mr Red Herring? We aren’t paying Cal 80 gazillion dollars to have fun. There is nothing fun about being a mid-tier SEC basketball program, especially for UK fans.
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • jax
What happens if I post before the game is played................
Some of you fair weather fans need to turn in your Big Blue fandem card for a Red card or ,  an orange card. I'm 100% behind our coach and our boys.  We're gonna send those Old Smokies back to Cocky Top with their tails between their legs. 

Cats by 9 +  .
(02-03-2024, 02:48 PM)plantmanky Wrote: What happens if I post before the game is played................
I’ll do it for you! FIRE CAL
[-] The following 2 users Like rookie57's post:
  • jetpilot, pjdoug
(02-03-2024, 04:30 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: Some of you fair weather fans need to turn in your Big Blue fandem card for a Red card or ,  an orange card. I'm 100% behind our coach and our boys.  We're gonna send those Old Smokies back to Cocky Top with their tails between their legs. 

Cats by 9 +  .

Fair weather
Red 
Orange

3 crazy ass red herrings

Bain dramage is real

Would love to see the 9+ cover though
Like I’m not behind our coach and our boys just because I want to WIN

Make that 4 red herrings
(02-03-2024, 04:31 PM)rookie57 Wrote:
(02-03-2024, 02:48 PM)plantmanky Wrote: What happens if I post before the game is played................

If you were hired as the A.D. at this very moment, would you fire Cal immediately, sometime before the postseason, after the season? What coach(who will be willing and able to take over the job) would you want to hire to replace the guy who has won 28 games a year in Lexington?  Cal has won 402 games at UK, winning 400 games faster than anyone except Baron Von Ruppske.

During Calipari’s 14 seasons at UK, no team in the NCAA Tournament has more wins (32), Final Fours (four), Elite Eights (seven) or Sweet 16s (eight).
In advancing to the 2015 Final Four, Coach Cal became one of just three coaches all-time to make four Final Fours in a five-year span, joining Mike Krzyzewski and John Wooden as the other coaches to achieve that feat. Twice at UK (in 2012 and in 2015) his teams have won 38 games, tying his 2008 Memphis team for the most wins in college basketball history.

At the end of the 2014-15 season, Calipari became the 96th coach to join the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame, considered one of the ultimate achievements in the game.

Cal's critics are barking up a strange tree, indeed, for someone who has done as much winning as Cal has.  In at least two cases(Jet and Plant Boy) , the bark is more about life philosophy than basketball philosophy.  They can't stand a Big Blue coach who is TOO Blue .   lol
(02-03-2024, 04:56 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:

If you were hired as the A.D. at this very moment, would you fire Cal immediately, sometime before the postseason, after the season? What coach(who will be willing and able to take over the job) would you want to hire to replace the guy who has won 28 games a year in Lexington?  Cal has won 402 games at UK, winning 400 games faster than anyone except Baron Von Ruppske.

During Calipari’s 14 seasons at UK, no team in the NCAA Tournament has more wins (32), Final Fours (four), Elite Eights (seven) or Sweet 16s (eight).
In advancing to the 2015 Final Four, Coach Cal became one of just three coaches all-time to make four Final Fours in a five-year span, joining Mike Krzyzewski and John Wooden as the other coaches to achieve that feat. Twice at UK (in 2012 and in 2015) his teams have won 38 games, tying his 2008 Memphis team for the most wins in college basketball history.

At the end of the 2014-15 season, Calipari became the 96th coach to join the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame, considered one of the ultimate achievements in the game.

Cal's critics are barking up a strange tree, indeed, for someone who has done as much winning as Cal has.  In at least two cases(Jet and Plant Boy) , the bark is more about life philosophy than basketball philosophy.  They can't stand a Big Blue coach who is TOO Blue .   lol

You are crazier than 40 kinds of hell.
THIS IS 2024. Your brain cannot process facts. You operate only on emotion. Emotion on your feelings, if you like someone based on their worldview that your brain has been hijacked to adopt. I don't give a damn about politics when it comes to UK basketball and never have. RESULTS ARE ALL THAT MATTER ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU MAKE 10s OF MILLIONS.
All we get from you is Donald Trump Joe Biden Taylor Swift horse sh!t when we keep losing. Not to mention blaming the players.
It is the definition of BAT. SH!T. CRAZY. I wouldn't put you in charge of mowing my lawn. If the grass grew up to my knees and I complained you would just say I didn't like Taylor Swift or Kamala Harris or you won a grass mowing award in 1999 or some other idiot sh!t.

Cal getting some award 10 years ago does not make it ok to be a mid-tier SEC team and can't win sh!t.
  • pjdoug
To be clear I hope UK beats Tennessee by 25 in Rupp like I have seen dozens of times until recently when Rick Barnes caught and passed us. GO BLUE!
I'm just glad it's an 8:30 game. NO WAY am I going to be awake by the time it's over.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Granny Bear's post:
  • jetpilot
Probably won't start until 9!
nm

I’d fire him at the end of the season. His winning is just because he’s a GREAT recruiter and promises players and their families he’ll get them ready for the NBA. The guy is a sorry excuse for an X’s and O’s coach!
(02-03-2024, 05:51 PM)jetpilot Wrote:

THIS IS 2024. Your brain cannot process facts. You operate only on emotion. Emotion on your feelings, if you like someone based on their worldview that your brain has been hijacked to adopt. I don't give a damn about politics when it comes to UK basketball and never have. RESULTS ARE ALL THAT MATTER ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU MAKE 10s OF MILLIONS.
All we get from you is Donald Trump Joe Biden Taylor Swift horse sh!t when we keep losing. Not to mention blaming the players.
It is the definition of BAT. SH!T. CRAZY. I wouldn't put you in charge of mowing my lawn. If the grass grew up to my knees and I complained you would just say I didn't like Taylor Swift or Kamala Harris or you won a grass mowing award in 1999 or some other idiot sh!t.

Cal getting some award 10 years ago does not make it ok to be a mid-tier SEC team and can't win sh!t.

No, it's you that seems to have the need to about topics in a sports thread that should be talked about elsewhere. You are projecting, yet again!    Dodgy
Well, ain’t even mad, bout what I expected

And as bad as it sounds as a ky fan, I will win $ on this game so there’s that!
(02-03-2024, 10:56 AM)Bluecat Wrote: Both coming off upset losses (if you can call them upsets)! I think the Cats bounce back. Seems this team plays to the level of their competition.
Not sure what I was high on when I put this
Where is Big Z? And where in hell has Mitchell gone, he’s just basically disappeared!
Dang it the ball just kept bouncing to the other team again. Nothing we can do about that. Just enjoy the ride. This is fun, it’s not about the results silly!

And how dumb are the people making fun of Rick Barnes.
(02-04-2024, 01:14 AM)jetpilot Wrote: Dang it the ball just kept bouncing to the other team again. Nothing we can do about that. Just enjoy the ride. This is fun, it’s not about the results silly!

And how dumb are the people making fun of Rick Barnes.
Well, he out coached Cal so there’s that.

When was the last time Ky gave up over 100 points at home? Asking for a friend
[-] The following 1 user Likes rookie57's post:
  • jetpilot
(02-03-2024, 11:49 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(02-03-2024, 05:51 PM)jetpilot Wrote:

No, it's you that seems to have the need to about topics in a sports thread that should be talked about elsewhere. You are projecting, yet again!    Dodgy

Everything in my post is 100% true and everyone knows it.
(02-04-2024, 12:46 AM)rookie57 Wrote: Where is Big Z? And where in hell has Mitchell gone, he’s just basically disappeared!

These are the kinds of things that happen late in a season when you have to play a guy his age 35+ minutes every game.
His age? Are you kidding me? Please God make it stop.
  • pjdoug
Fire Cal. He’s ran his course at Kentucky
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
[-] The following 1 user Likes Spud6's post:
  • rookie57
I was sound asleep.
Smile
(02-04-2024, 09:57 AM)Spud6 Wrote: Fire Cal. He’s ran his course at Kentucky
You know as well as I do that UK is NEVER gonna fire Cal. Cal will be here until he decides it's in his and Ellen's best interests to move on.  UK still owes him a LOT of moolah. They are not firing him. NOT EVER!!! The FIRE CAL refrain that we hear every time UK loses a game is, hence, quite irrelevant. There is ZERO chance Cal is ever fired from UK. He will eventually leave the job for other interests but UK has already told him that we want you here as long as you want to be here. If Cal resigned from coach right now he already has it in his contract to remain on in some capacity as an advisor for 900K a year.

When Cal and Ellen decide to move on to BLUER pastures is when the Cal tenure will end. He is never getting FIRED. Also, he says he enjoys coaching these young men and that he's not gonna let his critics steal his joy. He lets his guys hang out at his house and Ellen bakes them cookies. I heard him say as little as three weeks ago how much he loves coaching this bunch and that he doesn't listen to anything his Big Blue critics are saying. He would be crazy to pay attention to all that negativity. Cal is a positive person and positive people find ways to overcome obstacles and find success. Cal will do just that.

There are nine games left in the regular season and many of them are very winnable games. I look for Kentucky to finish the regular season strong. I do think it's too late at this point, however, to expect Reed Sheppard or RDilly to stay in front of their man. Straight line drives to the basket and running around screens instead of fighting through them will continue because these guys simply don't get how to play defense. Sometimes we have to accept the fact that we are what we are. We ARE a really good offensive team with numerous very potent weapons. We also ARE the 102nd ranked team in adjusted defensive efficiency(KenPom).  We are what we are. Let's just enjoy the journey. It's only basketball. It's not national security!!!