Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kentucky Offensive Coordinator Coaching Search
With Coen's departure looking imminent, who are the leading candidates and what are your thoughts on them?
The problem is, who wants to come to Kentucky to be OC? From the outside folks look at us and say Stoops has total control over how the offense scheme should look.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
[-] The following 1 user Likes Spud6's post:
  • Cactus Jack
(02-07-2024, 12:56 AM)Spud6 Wrote: The problem is, who wants to come to Kentucky to be OC? From the outside folks look at us and say Stoops has total control over how the offense scheme should look.
I think this is the main issue with keeping an OC. Stoops needs to allow his OC to run the offense more. Hard to get someone to come in and stay, let alone find someone good.
This is turning into a crapshoot.

Don't know if this ends up being an up-and-comer from a smaller scale program (Hamdan, Johns), a former college HC retread (Moorhead, Holgersen), a position coach from a more prestigious job (Milwee, Guidugli), or an ex-NFL position coach (Calabrese).
Looks like Bush Hamdan is going to be the one.
Should have grown a pair and fired Coen as soon as the reject started applying for other jobs.

“LeXinGtOn Is WhErE I wAnT to bE”

Good riddance and don’t apply again when Tampa fires you within two years
(02-12-2024, 04:16 PM)RunItUpTheGut Wrote: Should have grown a pair and fired Coen as soon as the reject started applying for other jobs.

“LeXinGtOn Is WhErE I wAnT to bE”

Good riddance and don’t apply again when Tampa fires you within two years
Haha this. Screw that guy.
The more I hear about Hamdan, the more I like, at least so far. Looks like he's had some big recruiting wins and will be missed at Boise State.

If Kentucky is going to be successful, we're probably going to have to deal with turnover in coordinators and position coaches almost yearly. That comes with the territory.