Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kentucky loses to Florida!
Gave up 94 points! I’m sick of all Calapari supporters! Florida was not even in the bonus, down 3, with 17 seconds to go and cal doesn’t instruct his team to foul! He’s an idiot! 
FIRE CALAPARI!
[-] The following 1 user Likes rookie57's post:
  • jax
(02-01-2024, 12:22 AM)rookie57 Wrote: Gave up 94 points! I’m sick of all Calapari supporters! Florida was not even in the bonus, down 3, with 17 seconds to go and cal doesn’t instruct his team to foul! He’s an idiot! 
FIRE CALAPARI!

If Dillingham had hit the clinching free throw, would anyone be calling for Cal to be fired(besides Plant Boy). Is it Cal's fault that Reed fell asleep and allowed the wide-open three for the tie? Is it Cal's fault that Wagner couldn't play?  Cal didn't lose this game.
(02-01-2024, 12:28 AM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(02-01-2024, 12:22 AM)rookie57 Wrote: Gave up 94 points! I’m sick of all Calapari supporters! Florida was not even in the bonus, down 3, with 17 seconds to go and cal doesn’t instruct his team to foul! He’s an idiot! 
FIRE CALAPARI!

If Dillingham had hit the clinching free throw, would anyone be calling for Cal to be fired(besides Plant Boy). Is it Cal's fault that Reed fell asleep and allowed the wide-open three for the tie? Is it Cal's fault that Wagner couldn't play?  Cal didn't lose this game.

LOL
(02-01-2024, 12:53 AM)jetpilot Wrote:
FIRE CALAPARI!

LOL
So you think it's Cal's fault this game was lost this game when Dilly missing a clinching FT or when Reed decided NOT to guard the 3-point line with seconds remaining?  Players didn't execute in the final seconds , folks.
(02-01-2024, 01:16 AM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(02-01-2024, 12:53 AM)jetpilot Wrote:
FIRE CALAPARI!

LOL
So you think it's Cal's fault this game was lost this game when Dilly missing a clinching FT or when Reed decided NOT to guard the 3-point line with seconds remaining?  Players didn't execute in the final seconds , folks.
LOL
I think it’s cals fault that he doesn’t try SOMETHING different on defense’ I think it’s. Cals fault that with 17 seconds to go, a 3 point lead, and the other team IS NOT IN THE BONUS, you don’t foul!
(02-01-2024, 01:50 AM)rookie57 Wrote: I think it’s cals fault that he doesn’t try SOMETHING different on defense’ I think it’s. Cals fault that with 17 seconds to go, a 3 point lead, and the other team IS NOT IN THE BONUS, you don’t foul!

Some coach's feel differently on the "up 3 so foul" idea. Some of the best in the business choose not to foul and others do. There's debate among coaches about it. If Cal had chosen to foul with 5 seconds left and FLA got two FT's, a steal, and a bucket, people would have been saying, "Why in the hell did he foul; just force them into a long, contested , low-percentage three. " I doubt there was a person here screaming" foul, foul, foul!" What I would have like to have seen happen is Robert Dillingham make a free throw or Reed Sheppard not play 15 feet off a three pointer shooter who had already torched him for 7 of them.
THEY WERE NOT IN THE BONUS, half court trap and try and steal the ball . Believe what you want, but that’s MY STORY and I’m sticking to it. Calapari IS WHATS WRONG WITH THIS TEAM, final answer and I don’t need to call a friend.
(02-01-2024, 07:00 AM)rookie57 Wrote: THEY WERE NOT IN THE BONUS, half court trap and try and steal the ball . Believe what you want, but that’s MY STORY and I’m sticking to it. Calapari IS WHATS WRONG WITH THIS TEAM, final answer and I don’t need to call a friend.
This loss was on the players, while I tend to agree defense must be addressed and fixed before tournament this loss was on none other than the players.  Maybe that’s the problem, Cal can’t always say this one is on me, sometimes it’s gotta be the other way around.  Hard fought game with many mistakes and credit to Florida for fighting.  Is it just me or has CAL changed the face of the SEC!! I think fans are spoiled with the fact that UK is used to dominating a sub par conference that was football dominance.  I think there has been no coach to bring or make a conference more competitive than CAL.  It started when he got here, recruits and teams are just across the board better in SEC basketball.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Wildcat_blue's post:
  • Old School Hound
God I’m starting to hate the Cal deniers. Sure UK program is down a few notches from the past but hey that’s just the new normal. Idiotic.
Our defensive approach is awful. Too many ball watch wanting to make that steal and score. Too many times we jump at the shooters and all they do is pump fake and then shoot a wide open shot. We need to deny our man the ball. Make it a tougher shot. Teams shoot wide open and that is why they shoot as well against us. Is it the players, yes. They should do better. But it is also the coaches because they should be working on getting them out of those habits. It is February now and they do the same things wrong.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bluecat's post:
  • rookie57
(02-01-2024, 09:17 AM)jetpilot Wrote: God I’m starting to hate the Cal deniers. Sure UK program is down a few notches from the past but hey that’s just the new normal. Idiotic.
The 2012 national championship team formed what was the breakfast club and took accountability for themselves to get better.  CAL is not perfect and not going to go there for that argument.  All I’m saying is with this much of a talented team maybe self reflection in a mirror is needed.  That’s all I’m meaning.  And yes I do think CAL does a great job in a no win situation!! But, is his time and days numbered, absolutely!!! He’s got to have a deep run and great year end to get the couch coaches off his back if not we have a new coach within 1-2 years IMO
(02-01-2024, 11:56 AM)Wildcat_blue Wrote:
(02-01-2024, 09:17 AM)jetpilot Wrote: God I’m starting to hate the Cal deniers. Sure UK program is down a few notches from the past but hey that’s just the new normal. Idiotic.
The 2012 national championship team formed what was the breakfast club and took accountability for themselves to get better.  CAL is not perfect and not going to go there for that argument.  All I’m saying is with this much of a talented team maybe self reflection in a mirror is needed.  That’s all I’m meaning.  And yes I do think CAL does a great job in a no win situation!! But, is his time and days numbered, absolutely!!! He’s got to have a deep run and great year end to get the couch coaches off his back if not we have a new coach within 1-2 years IMO
Somebody just shoot me. UK is a WIN BIG situation if there ever was one.
(02-01-2024, 12:03 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
Somebody just shoot me. UK is a WIN BIG situation if there ever 
You’re on to something, this is the first any of us a BBN have realized what you just said.  I don’t think any of us have ever thought of it that way.  Your the first, makes sense now that you say it
(02-01-2024, 12:16 PM)Wildcat_blue Wrote:
(02-01-2024, 12:03 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
Somebody just shoot me. UK is a WIN BIG situation if there ever 
You’re on to something, this is the first any of us a BBN have realized what you just said.  I don’t think any of us have ever thought of it that way.  Your the first, makes sense now that you say it
I probably should have just said no win situation is idiotic and left it at that
Fire Cal
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
[-] The following 3 users Like Spud6's post:
  • jax, jetpilot, rookie57
You seem to have a lot of hate in your heart for folks who don't think like you do. It's gonna cost you several years on your life if you don't just... Let it go...just let it go! Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • rookie57
(02-01-2024, 03:43 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
You seem to have a lot of hate in your heart for folks who don't think like you do. It's gonna cost you several years on your life if you don't just... Let it go...just let it go! Smile

The hate is for losing. What you guys call the players’ fault, bad luck, the new normal.
(02-01-2024, 11:49 AM)Bluecat Wrote: Our defensive approach is awful. Too many ball watch wanting to make that steal and score. Too many times we jump at the shooters and all they do is pump fake and then shoot a wide open shot. We need to deny our man the ball. Make it a tougher shot. Teams shoot wide open and that is why they shoot as well against us. Is it the players, yes. They should do better. But it is also the coaches because they should be working on getting them out of those habits. It is February now and they do the same things wrong.
The coaches are absolutely working on getting them out of those habits. I hear Leach and Givens all the time talk about the different drills they work on in practice. And Cal talks about it, too. Teenage kids don't always play the way they practice. Cal's teams have always gotten better and better on defense as the season progresses. He has always stressed defense. This group falls back into lazy, gambling, undisciplined behaviors on the defensive end.  Do we just sit five or six of them until they figure it out? Reed was wonderful running the offense but was woeful in defending, as were most everyone else except for Ugo.
We start the year hot every year cause we are loaded with talent. About half way through we start to slow down cause team figure us out and watch tape of what we struggle at. So then we begin to get exposed and Cal coached teams never progress and they continually decline for the rest of the year. It's a never ended repeating process.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
[-] The following 2 users Like Spud6's post:
  • jax, rookie57
Cal makes $9 million a year for a reason. He's a Hall of Famer.  Couch coaches like Jet and Plant Boy make $9 an hour for a reason. They are Hall of Shamers. Cal's from the northeast, hence he's stupid,  can't coach and everything's his fault. That's the mindset of about a fifth on the lunatic fringe of BBN. Cal said two weeks ago he's not listening to the losers who criticize him incessantly. He said he's loving coaching these kids and that his critics are trying to steal he's joy. He said defiantly, "You're not gonna steal my joy!"   Good for coach!

(02-01-2024, 04:04 PM)Spud6 Wrote: We start the year hot every year cause we are loaded with talent.  About half way through we start to slow down cause team figure us out and watch tape of what we struggle at.  So then we begin to get exposed and Cal coached teams never progress and they continually decline for the rest of the year.  It's a never ended repeating process.
Everything I've heard some of the talking heads say is just the opposite. Whether it be Jack Pilgrim , Jack Givens, or one of the national guys like Jon Rothstein, they say Cal's teams get better as February gives way to March. Hasn't that historically been the case?
Hate? Wow, u gonna hate other Ky fans that just have a different opinion of Calapari than you? WOW

(02-01-2024, 04:04 PM)Spud6 Wrote: We start the year hot every year cause we are loaded with talent.  About half way through we start to slow down cause team figure us out and watch tape of what we struggle at.  So then we begin to get exposed and Cal coached teams never progress and they continually decline for the rest of the year.  It's a never ended repeating process.
BINGO!
(02-01-2024, 04:07 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
Cal makes $9 million a year for a reason. He's a Hall of Famer.  Couch coaches like Jet and Plant Boy make $9 an hour for a reason. They are Hall of Shamers. Cal's from the northeast, hence he's stupid,  can't coach and everything's his fault. That's the mindset of about a fifth on the lunatic fringe of BBN. Cal said two weeks ago he's not listening to the losers who criticize him incessantly. He said he's loving coaching these kids and that his critics are trying to steal he's joy. He said defiantly, "You're not gonna steal my joy!"   Good for coach!

Everything I've heard some of the talking heads say is just the opposite. Whether it be Jack Pilgrim , Jack Givens, or one of the national guys like Jon Rothstein, they say Cal's teams get better as February gives way to March. Hasn't that historically been the case?

Not in my opinion. But unlike those guys I don’t get paid by a Kentucky sports program to talk sports.
#BBFL
For the record, Jon Rothstein, who I think is THE best writer and observer of college basketball in this country , doesn't get paid by KSR to say anything(pro or con) about Cal. Jack Pilgrim has been critical of Cal, at times, as has Matt Jones. Rothstein has stated that Cal's teams tend to get better as the season ages and, historically, that is a undeniable fact. Now, Cal detractors tend to remember the St. Peters and Kansas State exit games and conveniently forget the times UK has played very well down the stretch.

Again, it is hard to reach Final Fours and win national championships. It takes good play, sure, but it also takes the ball bouncing your way a lot. This team has a chance to play for a regional title and get to the FF. But even if they don't, it's been a very fun team to watch. To me, the journey that a team takes you on is as important as the end result. There will be only 4 D-1schools out of 300+ who will reach the Final Four. I'm just glad that my team will have provided me four months of enjoyable and fun basketball to watch. I just hope a few of these guys hang around next year so I can watch them play some more. Maybe they will figure out how to play some defense by then. lol Fun team to watch!!!

(02-03-2024, 12:06 AM)rookie57 Wrote:
Hate? Wow, u gonna hate other Ky fans that just have a different opinion of Calapari than you? WOW

BINGO!
Let me say, 57, that you are one of my favorite posters on this board. Yes, part of it is that you are a Mayfield guy and, as a Corbinite, I LOVE Mayfield(the best KY HS football program in history, imo.) But it's not just that. You seem like a damn good human being. You were one of three people on here who reached out to me and expressed condolences when my mother passed away. You are passionate about your sports teams but you also have compassion and empathy towards others, even those who might have a perspective that is different from yours. You are a gem!  Go CATS !!!  GO CARDS(Mayfield)!!!
DIng ding ding ding ding!!!! Congratulations, a new record for excuses in one post! I’m going to start a Calipari excuse thread so we can compile them all in one place. LOL!

It’s not Cal’s fault, the ball just isn’t bouncing our way a lot.
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
MUHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA!!!!!!
(02-03-2024, 12:06 AM)rookie57 Wrote:

BINGO!
I don't hate anyone. Probably should have just said they are getting on my last nerve, so as not to offend the faint of heart.