Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Matt Chandler Has Been Named Head Coach at Hazard High School
Hazard High School has made it official via the high school's facebook page welcoming Matt Chandler in as the next football coach at Hazard.  

Don't know anything about him other than he was at Franklin County last year as their OC
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
[-] The following 1 user Likes Spud6's post:
  • Bull got out!
Coming from a program who is off of a 13-1 season only losing to Boyle County (as everyone else did) in the 4A semifinals. Good luck to him and the Hazard football program.
Congratulations!
Was Head Coach at Jenkins and assistant at Danville, Fairview and a few other places
If it’s the Matt Chandler from Williamson, good man, great family and will do well!
(01-28-2024, 10:13 PM)NEXT Wrote: If it’s the Matt Chandler from Williamson, good man, great family and will do well!
Not him. He is on the staff at GRC.
Congrats to Coach Chandler and Hazard!
I heard this was going to be official a few weeks ago. I’m guessing everyone else interviewed turned them down. I’ve seen Chandler has some experience under different programs but shocking hazard settled for a guy who has a 1-20 record as a head coach.
(01-30-2024, 02:18 AM)Tailback44 Wrote: I heard this was going to be official a few weeks ago. I’m guessing everyone else interviewed turned them down. I’ve seen Chandler has some experience under different programs but shocking hazard settled for a guy who has a 1-20 record as a head coach.
The guy had that job young. That 1-20 shouldn’t even be considered in this. Especially considering where it was.
[-] The following 2 users Like Rainmaker33's post:
  • BlackcatAlum, Redneck
Good luck to Coach Chandler. Gonna be a tough few years there but if he can make it through they have some talent coming up. Just don’t know if Hazard folks are patient enough for that.
(01-30-2024, 06:48 AM)Rainmaker33 Wrote:
(01-30-2024, 02:18 AM)Tailback44 Wrote: I heard this was going to be official a few weeks ago. I’m guessing everyone else interviewed turned them down. I’ve seen Chandler has some experience under different programs but shocking hazard settled for a guy who has a 1-20 record as a head coach.
The guy had that job young. That 1-20 shouldn’t even be considered in this. Especially considering where it was.
Agreed. Not to mention it was Jenkins.
Notre Dame Football…GO IRISH
[-] The following 2 users Like Redneck's post:
  • BlackcatAlum, SomeBunnyFan_10
Chandler's biggest hurdle will be keeping the kids in the middle school intact. If he can do this, the future will be bright in Hazard.
Franklin County does as good as anyone with feeder programs.. But it is no easy feat what they pull off each year. If Chandler uses that model, it will work.
(02-02-2024, 10:34 AM)FCSPY Wrote: Franklin County does as good as anyone with feeder programs.. But it is no easy feat what they pull off each year. If Chandler uses that model, it will work.

Hazard's 8th grade class is loaded so he's got a good start on it.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
(02-02-2024, 11:42 AM)Spud6 Wrote:
(02-02-2024, 10:34 AM)FCSPY Wrote: Franklin County does as good as anyone with feeder programs.. But it is no easy feat what they pull off each year. If Chandler uses that model, it will work.

Heard half that class was headed to breathitt and perry
(02-02-2024, 01:22 PM)sambo Wrote:
(02-02-2024, 11:42 AM)Spud6 Wrote:

Heard half that class was headed to breathitt and perry
That would be unfortunate!
#BBFL
I am hearing that there may be a former family returning to Hazard that will make all sports at Hazard better.
(02-02-2024, 04:21 PM)Bluecat Wrote: I am hearing that there may be a former family returning to Hazard that will make all sports at Hazard better.

I heard same rumor. Big if true.
(02-02-2024, 04:21 PM)Bluecat Wrote: I am hearing that there may be a former family returning to Hazard that will make all sports at Hazard better.
Hot damn the Duke boys are coming home
[-] The following 4 users Like RAMDAD50's post:
  • BlackcatPride32, Humpty Dumpty, The Red Eminence, TheStickyBandit
Olingers?lol been awhile since I saw that name on a Hazard roster lol
Big Al will benefit from that family returning the most. Basketball stud
(02-03-2024, 12:53 AM)Tailback44 Wrote: Big Al will benefit from that family returning the most. Basketball stud

Where did they go to?
#BBFL
(02-03-2024, 09:41 AM)Spud6 Wrote:
(02-03-2024, 12:53 AM)Tailback44 Wrote: Big Al will benefit from that family returning the most. Basketball stud

Where did they go to?
Georgia
No way Shoptaw comes back to Hazard after getting ultimate exposure from Florida prep school.
I read a post on Facebook about them coming back. Be interesting if they do.
i saw that record and said "he won a game at jenkins?!?!" good hire!
glass half full kind of guy here
(02-22-2024, 01:51 AM)Khalisimo Wrote:
Great point! Some places have different levels of success.

a guy can win 3 games in one place and do a better coaching job than a guy who won 8 at another.
(02-22-2024, 09:26 AM)Rainmaker33 Wrote:
(02-22-2024, 01:51 AM)Khalisimo Wrote:
Great point! Some places have different levels of success.

a guy can win 3 games in one place and do a better coaching job than a guy who won 8 at another.
Every barometer of success is different, winning a single game at Jenkins is a really difficult task. If Chandler was able to do so as a young coach, that's really good. He's obviously learned a lot since then too. Any word on assistants for him?