Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kentucky 63 Arkansas 57
Final from Fayetteville.
Not impressed with this victory. I'm glad UK won, but I couldn't watch the game.

I toggled back and forth to check the score, but I turned this game off soon after it began.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Granny Bear's post:
  • jetpilot
Well….,.it was a SEC road win. So there’s that. Sheppard had a tremendous second half, so there’s that. And here’s the combined point production from Big Z, Bradshaw, Edwards and Theiro. One. So there’s that. Listen, give me Mitchell, Reeves, Sheppard, Wagner and Dillingham, let’s just play small ball at 100 miles an hour and let the chips fall where they fall.
[-] The following 3 users Like Van Hagar's post:
  • Cactus Jack, Granny Bear, jetpilot
Agreed. Out of the blue they have become unwatchable (again). Sigh. Huge week this week to get their mojo back with Florida and Tennessee coming to Rupp. And HUGE 9 game stretch in next 30 days with 8 good teams + Vandy (on the road). My default position is disappointment is on the way (again) until somebody proves me wrong. I hope somebody does, it was getting fun...
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • Granny Bear
Fire Cal.
(01-28-2024, 12:07 PM)plantmanky Wrote: Fire Cal.

Poignant, thought-provoking, salient,  substantive post.  You should be a sportswriter.  Like

Look, our Cats have become a bit hard to watch, again. The question is... why?   We know they have the ability to play exciting, highly efficient offensive basketball. We've seen it for most of the season. They are in a bit of a rut right now. But it happens. Joe B. Hall's teams would usually have a stretch in January where they would struggle a bit. Kansas, the early season prohibitive #1 team is struggling. They lost AGAIN yesterday to the Iowa State Cyclones. The Jayhawks are just 4-3 in their conference. Top 10 teams, playing on the road are winning at a historically low percentage this season. Road conference wins are tough!

Our Cats were down by 10 points in the first half AND were up by 10 points late in the game. That's a twenty point turnaround on the road in Bud Walton Arena. Not bad!  Reeves had a nice game, Sheppard had a nice second half, and Mitchell had some big threes in the second half. Ugo went for 6/4/3 and was a serious inside presence on defense. He played the pick and roll very well and helped UK stretch their lead from one point to nine points with his excellent defense down low.  Bradshaw is becoming almost unplayable in crunch time because he simply can't defend. He is simply inept at defending the screen and roll. Ugly game in many respects but a 20 point turnaround on the road in Fayetteville for a tough grind it out win... I'll take it any day!
Will take the W but like said above it was very hard to watch. I know many of us, me included, were anxious to get the Bigs back in the lineup, but I would like to see a rotation without one and see what the original group can do.

We definitely missed Dillingham.

Where did the Big Z go we saw his debut?
(01-28-2024, 12:22 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(01-28-2024, 12:07 PM)plantmanky Wrote: Fire Cal.

Poignant, thought-provoking, salient,  substantive post.  You should be a sportswriter.  Like

Look, our Cats have become a bit hard to watch, again. The question is... why?   We know they have the ability to play exciting, highly efficient offensive basketball. We've seen it for most of the season. They are in a bit of a rut right now. But it happens. Joe B. Hall's teams would usually have a stretch in January where they would struggle a bit. Kansas, the early season prohibitive #1 team is struggling. They lost AGAIN yesterday to the Iowa State Cyclones. The Jayhawks are just 4-3 in their conference. Top 10 teams, playing on the road are winning at a historically low percentage this season. Road conference wins are tough!

Our Cats were down by 10 points in the first half AND were up by 10 points late in the game. That's a twenty point turnaround on the road in Bud Walton Arena. Not bad!  Reeves had a nice game, Sheppard had a nice second half, and Mitchell had some big threes in the second half. Ugo went for 6/4/3 and was a serious inside presence on defense. He played the pick and roll very well and helped UK stretch their lead from one point to nine points with his excellent defense down low.  Bradshaw is becoming almost unplayable in crunch time because he simply can't defend. He is simply inept at defending the screen and roll. Ugly game in many respects but a 20 point turnaround on the road in Fayetteville for a tough grind it out win... I'll take it any day!
Can't sugar-coat it.  Arkansas is horrible, 1-5 in SEC with average loss of 21 points coming in, now 1-6. Lost at home by 32 to Auburn and 13 to SC and coming off a 26 point loss to Ole Miss. Unwatchable game.
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • Granny Bear
This week will be interesting with FLA and Tennessee coming in. Fla has some length and played us close in Gainesville. UT is always very physical and is a legitimate Top 10 team. Better get the mojo back this week!!! Any thoughts on how we do it?
(01-28-2024, 03:42 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: This week will be interesting with FLA and Tennessee coming in. Fla has some length and played us close in Gainesville. UT is always very physical and is a legitimate Top 10 team. Better get the mojo back this week!!!  Any thoughts on how we do it?

What VH said. Remember Nolan Richardson's "Forty Minutes of Hell"? LOL I miss all those villain SEC coaches. Richardson, Dale Brown, Wimp Sanderson, and my personal least favorite, Ray Mears. LOL
(01-28-2024, 04:04 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
(01-28-2024, 03:42 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: This week will be interesting with FLA and Tennessee coming in. Fla has some length and played us close in Gainesville. UT is always very physical and is a legitimate Top 10 team. Better get the mojo back this week!!!  Any thoughts on how we do it?

What VH said. Remember Nolan Richardson's "Forty Minutes of Hell"? LOL I miss all those villain SEC coaches. Richardson, Dale Brown, Wimp Sanderson, and my personal least favorite, Ray Mears. LOL

I would have punched Ray Mears if I'd had a chance AND his little assistant , too(Stu Aberdeen)!!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • jetpilot
(01-28-2024, 05:09 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(01-28-2024, 04:04 PM)jetpilot Wrote:

I would have punched Ray Mears if I'd had a chance AND his little assistant , too(Stu Aberdeen)!!!
Forgot about Aberdeen. He was the perfect sidekick for Mears. He took HC coach job at Marshall and like immediately died at a pretty young age.
In crunch time from now on , I would go with the five men we saw on the court towards at the end of the Arkansas game when KY put it away: Reed, Wagner, Reeves, Mitchell, and Ugo.
Cal talked about starting Ugo this week
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
With Florida up next, then Tennessee, Cal better be doing more than talking.
(01-30-2024, 04:38 PM)Granny Bear Wrote: With Florida up next, then Tennessee, Cal better be doing more than talking.

From what you've seen, which of the trio of bigs would you have getting the most minutes?  Ugo seems to be the guy who plays the pick and roll the way it should be played. His P&R defense really allowed us to put the Arkansas game away, late.  Bradshaw couldn't defend it.